SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Hebrews 6:4-6

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Loosing salvation Is making it the childs fault for abortion. It is not the born again's responsibility for The Father's Seed, Incorruptable in the believer. It is God responsibility for His offspring, Thank God.
God is not an abortionist, but He allows it on this earth, to show that man is. Physically and spiritually. What a terrible thing man is. We cannot loose what is not ours to loose. A child cannot abort itself. We are offspring of God. Why, I will never understand, only knowing His unending Love for the want of offspring, God wants to be a Father, plain and simple and He even went so far as to kill His only begotten Son on the Cross to get us. What a price. And, you think He will allow His offspring to fall away? I don't think so.

Ac 17:28 For in Him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Ac 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Abortion of the Gift of God? "Christ in you the Hope of Glory"? This God laughs at because of mans devices to prove himself honorable to God and be responsible for his salvation, taking away Christ of the Cross.

Acts 17:30-34 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead. And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter. So Paul departed from among them.

Howbeit certain men clave unto Him, and believed: among the which was Dionysius the Areopagite, and a woman named Damaris, and others with them.

They believed and God birthed His Seed, Jesus Christ in them.

Now: Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

How do we attain perfection?

Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

His working in me will, He not abort me from His Family or kick me out of His House, This is why I labor for my Father and His Son, because of who He has made me in His Son.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/11/28 13:52Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

what about the Jews in the desert? where they not his chosen elect people? dident HE save them? dident HE deliver them?

Was it Gods will they should rebel and that they would be left for dead in the desert? yet this was the case. This happened.

How about Saul? how about Salomon? a man who wrote several books of scripture but finally went to hell?

2008/11/28 13:55Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

"""what about the Jews in the desert? where they not his chosen elect people? dident HE save them? dident HE deliver them?"""

They were not birthed son's of God, they were only created son's of God, and are still an obstinate and non believing nation, to this day.

There is a difference in birthing and being created in Adam. Birthing takes a Father, creation takes a God with a Plan to birth His own offspring to fill His House. Who is preparing a place for us? Whom He has made, born again, birthed, not created, offspring of God our Father, son's of God, joint heirs with Jesus Christ, where we are already seated In Him in the Heavenlies, not a place yet, but a sphere of living in Christ Jesus by His Faith in us, unto the Father of our inheritance in Christ.

John 15:20-25 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin. He that hateth me hateth my Father also. If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

This is leading those that believe by Gods' Grace to salvation and are kept in Jesus Christ, you cannot jump out of Gods Hand.

Romans 5:14-17 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

What are we saved by?

Galatians 3:22-29 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

When did Jesus Christ come?

Galatians 3:22-29 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Are we Christ's Seed of the Father?

1 Corinthians 13:10-13 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

If He is come, we no longer speak as children, We put away childish things. We are face to face, with the Son that is birthed in us, His Spirit is our Spirit, without which we are "none of His". His Mind is our mind, which the Holy Spirit is renewing each day, to the mind of Christ, in our soul-mind to His mind.

By whose Faith are we saved?

Ephesians 2:1-10 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

How do we walk in them? We were predestinated to walk in them by "our Father".

We are not predestinated to heaven or hell, but to walk in the good works of The Christ that is in us. This is our predestination. "In Christ the Hope of Glory". Col 1:27 God's predestination of Christ in us and our walking in Him by His power, will never abort our salvation.

Ephesians 1:3-11 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

In Christ: Phillip

2008/11/28 15:17Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

how about Salomon?

Does it actually say Solomon went to hell?

The Jews in the desert were not washed in Jesus' Blood were they?

questions,
white stone

2008/11/28 15:30Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: how about Salomon?

Quote:

White_Stone wrote:
Does it actually say Solomon went to hell?

The Jews in the desert were not washed in Jesus' Blood were they?

questions,
white stone

Well id does not say he repented, and seeing God wrote to us more wicked kings then solomon repented but not saying to us that solomon did.

if he repented God would have put it in the bible for us, but since he never repented, i must assume he went to hell, as will all who do not repent.

And as for the Jews in the desert, no not in the same sense i guess as you or I, but I guess in the same sense as Abraham and the others that lived before Christ. Then they where. Christ blood was shed before the foundations of the earth.

And Gods word warns us to be like them, provoking God. And God does not make empty threaths as we do often. God is serious

2008/11/28 16:30Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Thank you for your reply.

". . . if he repented God would have put it in the bible for us, but since he never repented, i must assume he went to hell, as will all who do not repent."

Cautioning you against making assumptions. (if he repented - then God would have put it in the Bible).
_______
"And Gods word warns us to be like them, provoking God. And God does not make empty threaths as we do often. God is serious"

Not wanting to assume, it seems you accidentally leave out the word, [color=FF0000]not[/color]? As in being warned not to be like them?

regards,
white stone

2008/11/28 17:07Profile

Re:

1 Chron 17:12-13

12 He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever.

13 I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee:

2 Sam 7:12-15
12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.

There is not an ounce of question about it, King Solomon is in heaven, King Saul is in hell.

Old Joe

2008/11/29 0:33
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Thank you for the clarification

I feel better knowing Solomon is safe. I love reading his books and to read them and think he was rejected would be too painful.

Kindest regards,
white stone

2008/11/29 0:44Profile
thomasm

Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada

Re: Thank you for the clarification

The killing of lambs for sacrifice, after receiving the blood of Jesus, was the sin hebrews was warning of, trampling on the blood of Jesus.
These jewish converts were being led astray and back under the Law for there justification, they had not resisted sin to the point of blood. Or they hadn't resisted this false teaching to the point of persecution.
Galations is very close to this , only they were gentiles, the Jews were trying to get them circumcised.

Love in CHRIST tom

2008/11/29 1:33Profile
int3grity

Re:

hmmhmm that doesn't even make any sense. It is a parallel passage with the one in Matthew 7. regardless of whether they were both written to Jews the point is that there are false professors of CHRIST and it is clear when you look at how the one passage clarifies it's parallel that Hebrews 6:4-6 is not talking about saved people loosing their salvation. In light of so many other passages that show people cannot cease to be new creations in CHRIST, loose eternal life, or become un-born again (The chain of redemption in Rom 8:30, the words of CHRIST in John 6, etc.) it is clear that this is the meaning of Hebrews 6:4-6. There are no irreconcilable paradoxes in the Scriptures.

2008/11/29 2:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy