SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christian's almost killed over proposition 8 in CA by an angry mob. (video)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Yes, I watched the 2 video's

After watching and listening to the videos it seems to me they provoked this by taking it to occupied enemy territory.

"Daniel went and prayed as was his custom even though he knew they would imprison him and he even opened his window so they would see.

He was in the House of God not Sodom's streets.

Stephen preached before the Sanhedrin even though he knew they were becoming angry.

Again, Stephen was in the Temple of Almighty God, not in Dianna's Temple. He was not 'out of his way.'

Paul spoke in the marketplaces . . . .

Paul was personally sent by the Lord Jesus to preach to the Gentiles.

Amos said they hate him who rebukes within the gate "or city"."

He does not say there were no repercussions from that rebuking.

For instance, snow skiing is a risky activity and to risk harm for the 'thrill' of flying down a slope, I do not believe is the right thing to do. If one has no other way to reach where he has to be, then, I believe God honors his use of the Ski.

I think these people were misguided in what they did and foolish. For the brief, worldly feeling of having been righteously attacked they actually have caused those Sodomites to sin further.

My opinion is expressed to give some of you a chance to consider what I am saying, I do not expect agreement but hope you will consider it long & prayerfully.

Then get a copy of Mystery of Providence, the by John Flavel

http://www.graceandtruthbooks.com/listdetails.asp?ID=543&RP=/puritans/

This is a marvelous book.

Humbly, white stone

2008/11/17 19:07Profile

Re: Yes, I watched the 2 video's

Hmmm..... Brother whitestone. You have interesting points that should be considered.

Many years ago I spoke slightly similar points.I have since adjusted them based upon my growing understanding of things.
However I will consider them and perhaps someday have the pleasure of getting and reading the book you recommend.
I will be thinking about your statements.
God bless, John

2008/11/17 19:30
davidt

Whitestone,

Just to note I wasn't trying to ramble off those verse like a smart guy. I mainly quoted those verse off topic and in context to preacher's more so. In the post I was responding to I thought maybe the person was talking about preacher's.

As for these people I cant really answer completely. I know they did go there regularly and not just this week I think that is where their Church is or at least near. So I dont think they went out there just for the protest especially because I am not sure they even started at that point. Incidentally, a pastor friend of mine just had his Church lit on fire tonight in Lake Elsinore, CA. I think they felt they were called to stand and be a witness and to that I really cant make a statement. I was at least encouraged by the fact that these people are at least living out their faith to that point. And, I think it is of note in current events what the homosexual community is up too and that they were so angry that they wanted to kill these people that I don't believe happens too much in the US.

What is that book about by the way?

2008/11/17 19:47Profile

Bro whitestone, I would be very careful you have judged them of

"For the brief, worldly feeling of having been righteously attacked"

Be very careful of judging your fellow christians in this way.

I know you said I think but you have actualy judged them as being foolish and seeking to be persecuted. This is how I understand your statements.

Again your comments on overall providence are interesting and I will study it more.
God bless, John

2008/11/17 19:53
davidt

Whitestone,

Quote:
"For the brief, worldly feeling of having been righteously attacked"

I feel confident that I can say that this dear girl was really shaken up about these things and truly feared for her life "I am not saying in unbelief". I don't think she or they were playing games. When I first watched this live my heart was with them. And, I think they are genuinely concerned about the state of America. I am not going to say that you are absolutely wrong but I will say we should be careful about judging them I care for these people and was hurt over what happened to them and I think that should be our heart in a lot of the cases. We should seek to stand for our brethren when they are persecuted and jailed and such. I remember how many people talked about Kent Hovind and I was hurt by that that the Church did not stand with such a brother and rare laborer and it was mainly because of their ignorance to his stance on the Constitution. Again I am not saying you are totally wrong so these statement apply only to that degree.

2008/11/17 19:59Profile
davidt

Re:

Mike,

well here at least is the footage part of it on youtube. It is longer and the actual story/ testimony is in text on the side.

2008/11/17 20:17Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Okay, saw the videos. In perfect honesty, I would not be surprised if the Castro crowd attacked anyone who showed up with evidences of faith. As evidence, I bear this testimony: In 2003 I went for the first time to San Francisco, to visit and share the gospel with with an unbelieving friend who lived there. As I stepped off the bus in the downtown area, literally the first thing I saw was a large, muscular black man walking with stooped shoulders and face towards the pavement. A crowd trailed him, shouting curses and throwing empty soda cans and trash at him. I thought they were heckling the black man for his race, which was shocking in such a cosmopolitan area. Besides a mournful expression he gave no response but kept walking, seemingly accustomed to such abuse. It was then that he passed me and I was able to see the back of his shirt. Against the navy fabric, written in bold white letters was a message, something like, "I believe in God. I believe the Bible. I believe Jesus."

On another trip to the "Well-Dressed Whore", a nickname I gave to the city because of it's stylish veneer and low moral form, I witnessed a more disturbing scene. Coming to the Dragon Gate entrance to Japan Town, I saw the street congested with hundreds of people. Cars were honking, blocked by the impromptu crowd. At first I didn't make out what they were gathered for. Then I followed the line of site from their cell phone cameras, up to the eight story of a building overhead. A man in a bulky jacket had made his way to the coping, and onto a ledge. Now he was crying pathetically and wavering. It seemed as if he was having second thoughts about suicide. I cannot easily express the grief I felt, to hear people around me yelling up to him, "jump! Get it over with, you're stopping traffic." Others seemed gleeful, "this is why I got a camera phone!" I knelt right there to pray for him and could sense, at least I thought, others despising this evident religion and pathos.

I do recommend checking out the documentary, Shaky Town, which documents a pastor and his wife who fired a homosexual organist and were nearly killed for it. Molotov cocktails were thrown through their windows at night, and their children were stalked.

[url=http://www.shakytown.com/]http://www.shakytown.com[/url]

2008/11/17 20:34Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: please come in

Hi again everyone,

As I have been meditating on this subject today, a few things have stood out to me that I thought might be worth sharing [b]on this subject in general[/b]. :-)

Some things that trouble me the most are the ways that I have heard these people have been treated by some(as I suggested before). And together with that how it is said that we ourselves have represented marriage.

I imagined how it would have looked had it been Paul the Apostle standing outside a temple of prositution with a group of people loudly condemning those inside.

I started to read the book Tortured for Christ again today. I got to page 27 on the bus ride home. At this point, Pastor Wurmbrand tells the story of a young convert from the Russian Army who must have dissapeared at some point, perhaps being put in prison. He asked him(the young convert) what verse from the Bible had most impressed him to become a Christian. The young man told him that he had heard the pastor tell the story from Luke 24 where the Lord Jesus met the two discpiles on the road and how it is said that the Lord Jesus would have went on further. The young man said he wondered why it was that the Lord would have indicated this? Of course He would have wanted to stay with His disciples right?

The Pastor explained this to him as that the Lord Jesus is polite, and that "When He saw that He was welcomed, He gladly entered the house with them."

And then he goes on to contrast this with how the communists had tried to force their way into hearts. How they forced them to hear their propoganda over and over again, everywhere. But he said, the Lord Jesus "gently knocks at the door of our hearts."

I have thought to myself a few times of this, how that if we are ready to be glad that we are persecuted by others like this(I don't say this is the case here, but incase we are), perhaps we could also wait, and see if we can succeed in being invited into their homes also. I think this too would be following the Master. And it seems to be a very good place to speak to those who may be hurting.

On broad street here one of the theaters is advertising a play called 'Unusual Acts of Devotion'. I think it is subtitled something like, 'uncommon acts done and left undone in the name of love'.

I wonder if there are any uncommon acts of devotion appointed for you and I.

The love of God be with you all,

Chris

2008/11/17 20:40Profile
davidt

Re:

Quote:
It was then that he passed me and I was able to see the back of his shirt. Against the navy fabric, written in bold white letters was a message, something like, "I believe in God. I believe the Bible. I believe Jesus."

Crazy. That is even more crazy if it was just for his shirt. What is this the compton of homo sexuals?

Quote:
I cannot easily express the grief I felt, to hear people around me yelling up to him, "jump! Get it over with, you're stopping traffic." Others seemed gleeful,

This is insane.

Quote:
I do recommend checking out the documentary, Shaky Town, which documents a pastor and his wife who fired a homosexual organist and were nearly killed for it. Molotov cocktails were thrown through their windows at night, and their children were stalked.

I will have to check this out sometime.

2008/11/17 20:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy