SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is there humor in heaven?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
davidt

Re:

edited.

2008/11/15 10:16Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Since we are made in God's image, that will not change in eternity, will it? Ever noticed the incidents in Scripture of the emotions God used? Since evil will not be present in heaven, seems to me that all the sinful emotions will not be there, like anger, frustrations, impatience....

Now about humor - When one reads Revelation about the beauty of heaven, the delight, the joy I get overwhelmed. (Ever tried to visualized John's description of heaven, especially that which is detailed in chapter 4?) and that God wants to surrounded by people who have the capability of expressing emotion, just like he is - oh my! where is the delight?

Now, anyone who will buy his child a pet mouse to play with ...:-? Oh, dear, this would test the humor for some females I know!!! :-o

ginnyrose

2008/11/15 10:41Profile
davidt

Re:

Ginny,

Yes I do believe we will have the image of God. I do question though whether we lost it after the fall since we were called sons of men after wards I don't know I haven't thought about it for a while. Not on that but we are partakers of the Divine nature God has made his home in us and given us His resurrected life. And not only that but we are sons of God. We once were called sons of God but have regained it in Christ and will more fully have it. We have become in an even more special sense sons of God. Adam and the angels were sons of God. Our title now is greater though in that God took on the form of a man and now calls us brothers and because Jesus is the son of the Father we also are the very family of God so it is much closer then before because before God did not take on the form of a man and actually become our family if you see what I am saying. Incidentally, anger is not sinful in and of itself it can be righteous, but you are right it will not be in heaven because it wont need to be as far as I am told. I think it would be great to have the same revelation as John in our day. haha "mouse".

2008/11/15 11:06Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

davidt wrote:
MrBill,

I am not sure you read my post or at least comprehended it completely. I wasn't asking whether or not there was laughter in heaven but whether or not there was humor in heaven.

Just wondering here because I really don't understand, how do you laugh without humor? I can sometimes look at folks and laugh, but I feel like I am judging them, so please give me an example of how do you laugh without humor please. :-?
Most folks I have known in the past that just sit around and laugh without humor was on mind altering drugs. :-o

2008/11/15 14:23Profile
davidt

Re:

MrBill,

In the overwhelming presence and joy of God I believe. I think our paradigm has been so turned that only someones folly or foolishness excites us enough to laughter. I believe there is a righteous, pure, and holy laughter. It is when Gods joy touches you so much that you are excited to laughter but we are so lil in the joy of God and burdened down by life that this is non existent. Here are a couple verses that I looked up that pretty much back up what I am saying I was just trying to explain it. I believe that these are in context to the joy of the Lord and worshiping in His presence. I do have a hard time with this concept in a complete sense because if it is true then the whole Church has to radically change on a very wide scale and I am just not fully convinced in my conscience yet I still have to think a lot of it through.

Job 8:21 He will yet fill your mouth with laughter, and your lips with shouting.

Luk 6:21 "Blessed are you who are hungry now, for you shall be satisfied. "Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh.

Psa 126:1-6 A Song of Ascents. When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dream. Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy; then they said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them." The LORD has done great things for us; we are glad. Restore our fortunes, O LORD, like streams in the Negeb! Those who sow in tears shall reap with shouts of joy! He who goes out weeping, bearing the seed for sowing, shall come home with shouts of joy, bringing his sheaves with him.

2008/11/15 14:45Profile

Re:

God is awesome

2008/11/15 16:08
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

davidt wrote:
MrBill,

Here are a couple verses that I looked up that pretty much back up what I am saying.

Dave, I was not disagreeing with you, so you did not need to say here is something to back up what your saying, I was just asking to learn here, I never said I doubted what you were saying, sorry if I sounded that way. I guess we all have a tendency to go into the defense mode when we are confronted about our reasons or beliefs, I know I have a few times in life, no problem, I am here to learn not to Preach, trust me I am no Preacher.

2008/11/15 17:34Profile
davidt

Re:

MrBill,

sorry man seriously I didn't mean it that way. It was my fault I should have found a better way to write it. One lacking thing in text is that emotions and such are often hard to get across and I have yet to master it. I just meant to prove it so that it wasnt just my logic or opinion. That is all I know that we as Christians want to see scripture on truths so we can be instructed and convinced on subjects that is all.

2008/11/15 17:50Profile
rbanks

Re:

Brother David,

I have really enjoyed the thread you have here. I though I would add a few scriptures to the on going discussion

Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

Proverbs 15:2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

I would also like to add that laughter is the manifestation of joy. Emotion is any strong feeling.

There are emotions that come from the flesh that can get out of control. The emotions that come from the spirit of man controlled by the Holy Spirit will be manifested properly and will not get out of control.

A good definition that I like for humor is to "put in a good mood". If one goes so far as to go over into silliness then he is activating the fleshly/carnal realm which will not edify the spiritual man.

Silliness tends to breed foolish and senseless behavior.

2008/11/15 18:51Profile
davidt

Re:

amen.

2008/11/15 19:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy