SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : In Obama We Trust ??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Great! Thanx for provinding the link. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Krispy

2008/11/17 13:09
dscplmkr

Re: In Obama We Trust ??

Like it or not, We still have a representative form of government.

This may have just been for me to close the door to fear as I watched what is being discussed here, on election night. I was struck by a thought when I saw the now famous picture of President-elect Obama "hope".

That is, These three remain Faith Hope and Love.

President G.W.Bush represented "faith", I can only speak from my experience, but it appears to me this has been a season where faith has been purified. I can with confidence say my faith in God has matured more during his term than at any other time.

The thought continued that after this comes the greatest of these "Love"

I don't know if that will be in the form of a representative or Love Himself but either way I am excited to press on in the hope to which He has called me.

2008/11/23 22:59Profile
dohzman

Re: The righteous judgement of God

2Jn 1:10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him.
2Jn 1:11 Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work.

Many christians by thier vote sided with Obama and in a sense bidded him godspeed. As the judgements of God fall on this country and the righteous as well as the wicked fall together, many in the church will wonder where this God of protection is. The sword is coming but are the righteous repenting, is the warning going out? I really don't believe so. I know of very sincere people who sided with Obama just because he was african american. They considered not what he stood for. They placed themselves in the same path of destruction as an unbeliever and for what? Pride? To prove a point? We want change? Well we'll have change, it won't be what we want but we'll have change. The judgement of God will accelarate in nature and after a brief time the econmy will continue its downward spiral. The true church will continue to get greater and greater assult from the media and now with america s leadership turning a deaf ear to what takes place against the church instruments like the IRS and other factions will go on the direct attack with increasing regularity, almost becoming a daily news flash in the american church world. For all you brothers and sisters in other countries, you'll see the day when most american church giving will cease, and the impact will be felt and will be severe at first until you start depending on the Lord alone for your supply. Pro 24:12 If you say, ";But we didn't know about this,";
won't He who weighs hearts consider it?
Won't He who protects your life know?
Won't He repay a person according to his work?

Eze 33:1 The word of the Lord came to me:
Eze 33:2 "Son of man, speak to your people and tell them: Suppose I bring the sword against a land, and the people of that land select a man from among them, appointing him as their watchman,
Eze 33:3 and he sees the sword coming against the land and blows his trumpet to warn the people.
Eze 33:4 Then, if anyone hears the sound of the trumpet but ignores the warning, and the sword comes and takes him away, his blood will be on his own head.
Eze 33:5 [Since] he heard the sound of the trumpet but ignored the warning, his blood is on his own hands. If he had taken warning, he would have saved his life.
Eze 33:6 However, if the watchman sees the sword coming but doesn't blow the trumpet, so that the people aren't warned, and the sword comes and takes away their lives, then they have been taken away because of their iniquity, but I will hold the watchman accountable for their blood.
Eze 33:7 "As for you, son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel. When you hear a word from My mouth, give them a warning from Me. etc...... rest of chapter

2008/11/24 4:41Profile

Re:

The judgment of this nation began long before this election. The American church has been brewing another Gospel for some time now. The 70's and 80's saw an upswing in national moralism that put personal holiness at a distance and the prayer closet with cobwebs. The prosperity Gospels and the rise of false prophets have swept the church into a self-serving faith with national moralism as a saving grace.

To the point of faith in terms of Presidential rule I give all that credit to God. My faith has increased tremendously during the Bush presidency but that has nothing to do with him. And anything that may increase or decrease my faith in the next four years will have nothing to do with Obama.

God raised and lowered leaders to punish Israel for rampant adultery, the Bible never blamed the leadership that ruled them, the culpability and blame was unequivocally on God's people. As soon as the American church stops blaming leadership and starts looking to itself as the problem and repent the faster we can produce for the Kingdom of God. It won't come through politics.

Cal Thomas said this in a recent article about it:

"Too many conservative Evangelicals mistake political power for influence. Politicians who struggle with imposing a moral code on themselves are unlikely to succeed in their attempts to impose it on others. What is the answer, then, for conservative Evangelicals who are rightly concerned about the corrosion of culture, the indifference to the value of human life and the living arrangements of same- and opposite-sex couples? If results are what conservative Evangelicals want, they already have a model. It is contained in the life and commands of Jesus of Nazareth. Suppose millions of conservative Evangelicals engaged in an old and proven type of radical behavior. Suppose they followed the admonition of Jesus to “love your enemies, pray for those who persecute you, feed the hungry, clothe the naked, visit those in prison and care for widows and orphans,” not as ends, as so many liberals do by using government, but as a means of demonstrating God’s love for the whole person in order that people might seek Him?

Such a strategy could be more “transformational” than electing a new president, even the first president of color. But in order to succeed, such a strategy would not be led by charismatic figures, who would raise lots of money, be interviewed on Sunday talk shows, author books and make gobs of money.

Scripture teaches that God’s power (if that is what conservative Evangelicals want and not their puny attempts at grabbing earthly power) is made perfect in weakness. He speaks of the tiny mustard seed, the seemingly worthless widow’s mite, of taking the last place at the table and the humbling of one’s self, the washing of feet and similar acts and attitudes; the still, small voice. How did conservative Evangelicals miss this and instead settle for a lesser power, which in reality is no power at all? When did they settle for an inferior “kingdom”?

Evangelicals are at a junction. They can take the path that will lead them to more futility and ineffective attempts to reform culture through government, or they can embrace the far more powerful methods outlined by the One they claim to follow. By following His example, they will decrease, but He will increase. They will get no credit, but they will see results."

The only mandate Scripture has for God's chosen is simple: obedience to ruling authorities and prayer for them. Honestly, I don't know if Obama is a judgment on this nation, but I can see where people would perceive this. But I do know that if I'm preconcievibly convinced that it is a judgment, the less likely I am to pray.

I will say this and it may ruffle some feathers but I truly believe it. If the last eight years was an Obama rule many Christians would say it was a judgment on this nation. Therefore I don't look at the state of the leader but the state of the church in determining judgment. I truly believe that we will see a rise of homosexual marriage, or attempts at such, and other immoralities and possible restrictions on the church. But God can do wonders even in the midst of such immorality if the church would clean itself up and cry out to Christ in fervency and patience. If anything this could be a judgment on the church for putting faith in politics and activism to change the morality of a nation in the exchange for personal Godliness, the prayer closet, and faith in Christ Himself.

We've 'McDonaldized' God's power in this nation. We think it needs to be as instant as a one hundred fold return on money given to the TV Evangelist. Patience, perseverance, longsuffering are the staples of the New Testament church. Ask Paul, Peter and John.

2008/11/24 7:54

Re:

[b]ccrider[/b]... I like you! You're singin' my song, bro!

Krispy

2008/11/24 8:24

Re:

Thanks for the comment Brother Krispy... trying to keep perspective.... we're all in this together bro, I take solace in that.

2008/11/24 8:35
dohzman

Re:

ccrider----I read what you said and have heard Cal Thomas and read some of his stuff. But you didn't hear what I said. I simply said that this election many christians by thier vote, for the first time in many many years placed themselves on the side of a man whose doctrines/policies are anti-christian and pro-demonic, it was the young vote as well as the christian black vote that carried Obama. By thier vote they decided that reguardless of what he stood for they were going to ignore conscience and or christian values or at the very least the clear principles of Gods Word, and they would in a delibert act exercise self will over the entire ball of wax.
I understand that God has been judging this nation, but this time it is different, many christians will fall in the same judgements as those who are unbelievers. The pulpits can't sound a warning because most pulpits have become pretty self-serving in and of themselves. That is all I was saying. Make no mistake, I've seen our country all the way to the anti-christ's proclaimation, its not a pretty picture.

2008/11/25 20:33Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy