SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : David Bercot books, read any?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sonofadam777

Rochester, New York

David Bercot books, read any?

Can anybody give feedback on David Bercot's books?

he has a new one called Plain Speaking on preaching.

Thanks.
Doug

2008/10/6 13:55Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: David Bercot books, read any?

Quote:
Plain Speaking on preaching.

This is a helpful book for lay people to build their public speaking skills. I have read it. His "dictionary" of early church is a essential volume to have in any library!

2008/10/6 14:05Profile
sonofadam777

Rochester, New York

Re:

Greg,

thanks for sharing!!! this is helpful.

Doug

2008/10/6 14:18Profile
sonofadam777

Rochester, New York

Re:

What is the title of his "dictionary" book? I can't find it.
Thanks.
Doug

2008/10/6 14:19Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

sonofadam777 wrote:
What is the title of his "dictionary" book? I can't find it.
Thanks.
Doug

[url=http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=33571&netp_id=134918&event=ESRCN&item_code=WW&view=covers]here you go brother[/url]

2008/10/6 14:27Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re: David Bercot books, read any?

Have read, "Will the Real Heretics Please Stand Up" and "The Kingdom That Turned the World Upside-Down". Both are excellent books!

Bercot compiled, "The Dictionary of Early Christian Beliefs". It, as Greg has already said, an invaluable volume to have. It covers many topics ranging from predestination to modesty and many, many more.

I have "Plain Speaking", but have not read it yet.

2008/10/6 16:09Profile

Re:

I had the privilege of fellowshiping with David in the early 90's.
David Bercot is a sincere elder brother in the Lord. His work for the body of Christ is very needed in my opinion.
His books and teaching tapes are at www.scrollpublishing.com
God bless.

2008/10/6 17:20
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I have read "The Kingdom that Turned the World Upside Down" and it challenged me...need to read it again. It is one of those books that continues to challenge you every time you read it.

His testimony is recorded on CDs and that makes for an interesting listen. It is so amazing to hear how God leads people to himself from wherever they may be. It is awesome! They were JWs when God called them! Now go listen! :-)

ginnyrose

2008/10/6 21:24Profile
Robert859

Minnesota

Re: Bercot's books....

I see that this thread is really old, but I feel that it is important for me to post my opinion on this.

I have read Bercot's "Will the Real Heretic Please Stand UP". I believe that it, along with most of Bercot's teaching is false. I have listened to his "testimony" and I do not believe that he understands salvation. He does not appear to have a high regard for the Bible. I consider it very wrong to use writings, other than the Bible, and present them as fact. We know that we can trust the Bible, but there are many reasons for not trusting the writings that Bercot endorses. As a lawyer, Bercot should know better than to provide hearsay, which is what the alleged early church writings are. We do not know how these writings have been altered, edited and changed. We know that we can rely on the Bible.

I would stay away from all of Bercot's books and teachings.

2011/10/12 15:07Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

David Bercot challeges the reader to go to the simple and pure teachings of the Lord Jesus as presented in the " Sermon on the Mount". He exposed the theological bullying that has taken place Throughout church history. My favorite books by him is: " Will the Theologians Please Set Down". " Will the Real Heritics Please Stand Up", and " The Kingdom that Turned the World Up-Side Down".

He also has material on the fore-fathers of America. Excellent and none biased.

2011/10/12 15:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy