SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Supernatural weeping--any of you experience this?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
MisterCheez

Colorado

Re:

To clarify, "shaky voice" meaning trembling from emotion. Just as you would experience when speaking while weeping.

2008/9/8 12:02Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

I've often taught that there is incredible pain in the heart of God. Those who venture close to His heart know this well. When He allows a person to have a glimpse of what is in His heart for man, insufferable agony results, great trembling, with tears and deep groans suddenly gushing out with volcanic profuseness.

This experience is common to every man or woman who dares enter in beyond the vail and into the holy place where God awaits. I know that people cringle when you begin to talk about "levels" in God, but reality is reality, and there is a very special place in the Beloved where tears burst forth like blood and the heart breaks as God allows a believer to capture a glimpse of what He endures daily when He sees man.

Oh dear brethren, who is intrepid enough to venture into this fearful place? The place where your theology can be irretrievably ruined, your nominal Christianity smashed to a million bits, the very fiber of your being so throttled with pain and grief that never again can you triffle with the holy things of God, or make light of His Word.

This "supernatural" weeping, is actually a very natural weeping - it comes naturally when one goes beyond the outer courts and touches God in the secret place.

Brother Paul

2008/9/8 12:23Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re: Weeping

Hey all, i too have experienced this in very few moments. Mostly in prayer. When it happens I think this is the ultimate in intercession or ministry unto God, and I often want so desperatly to continue long into the night or experience it again the next time i go to prayer. But, it doesn't happen very often and the more times i try to engineer it i actually quench this.
The first time was about six years ago at the altar during a worship service. I was not mindful of what the preacher was saying nor those around me. I was on my knees and hand and had just come back to the Lord after several years of apostasy. There was such heart wrenching tears and painful sobbing that I wondered in my heart what this was all about.
the last time was about two weeks ago and was praying, after saying one particular word weeping broke out and i was led to interceed for people.
All in all I look back on these times as the most sweetest time and have such an assurance that joy does come in the morning. "Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh." Luke 6.21 (NASB)

Have you noticed this months sermon, at the top of the page. Excellent short sermon

2008/9/8 12:28Profile
Lor_E

Montana USA

Re:

Quote:

PaulWest wrote:
I've often taught that there is incredible pain in the heart of God. Those who venture close to His heart know this well. When He allows a person to have a glimpse of what is in His heart for man, insufferable agony results, great trembling, with tears and deep groans suddenly gushing out with volcanic profuseness.

This experience is common to every man or woman who dares enter in beyond the vail and into the holy place where God awaits. I know that people cringle when you begin to talk about "levels" in God, but reality is reality, and there is a very special place in the Beloved where tears burst forth like blood and the heart breaks as God allows a believer to capture a glimpse of what He endures daily when He sees man.

Oh dear brethren, who is intrepid enough to venture into this fearful place? The place where your theology can be irretrievably ruined, your nominal Christianity smashed to a million bits, the very fiber of your being so throttled with pain and grief that never again can you triffle with the holy things of God, or make light of His Word.

This "supernatural" weeping, is actually a very natural weeping - it comes naturally when one goes beyond the outer courts and touches God in the secret place.

Brother Paul

Thank you PaulWest, this absolutely is the most well expressed, overwhelmingly accurate discription of these things I have ever read on this particular subject. It touched and spoke to my heart and spirit.

Please dear friends, remember, trying to "name" tears that come from the Spirit of God, and/or from communion with Him is not nearly as important as understanding that Christ is the focus- not necessarily the "tears".

Somehow I fear, lest our calloused hearts have NO tears for the plight of humanity around us, or the absolute grief within the body of Christ when someone abuses their authority and wreaks havoc on churches and lives.

How can we not weep with sobs and moans (beyond human emotion) when a "Demas" turns away from the Spirit of God to follow after the world? When mothers and fathers, who have heard, who have read, who have prayed and have been overwhelmed by sin and brought death into a family?

Even for those who are opponents of the faith:
Paul said, "I tell you even now [i][b]weeping[/i][/b], they are enemies of the cross...." I have a hard time believing that he wept just because he felt badly for them within his own human emotion.

How can I, as a daughter of the Living God, not mourn as when one has lost an only son, when I see how I have broken the heart of God? How can I not weep, when I, by the Spirit of God, sense that broken heart that cried out: "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?"- for humanities sake and they would rather frolic around without ever giving that one single thought?

How can I not be filled with a sorrow that belongs to God when grandmothers and mothers would take their children's/grandchildren's lives with harshness and oppression, violence and unconcern?

How long I have wondered, how iniquity would wax the hearts cold of those that should belong to God!

Quote:

OH, that we all would venture into that place, dear brother!

2008/9/8 14:06Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

learn wrote:

Quote:
Miccah, is your weeping due to your own emotions or is it a supernatural affair (ie one that you could not have started it yourself). Thanks

What I'm interested in is one that you could not possibly start it yourself.

Brother, this I do not know for sure. Can and does flesh arise?? Yes. But there are times when the Lord brings me to my knees with weeping. There are times when something triggers weeping, and there are times with nothing triggers weeping. There are times that the presence of the Lord is overwhelming, and I weep and weep and weep.

To the natural world this would seem unstable, but the truth of the matter is I do not know how, being a Christian, you could NOT weep.

2008/9/8 14:07Profile

Re:

This weeping that you speak of is not a "gift" as in a spiritual gift. There is not any mention of such of "gift", and the real spiritual gifts are spelled out for us in scripture.

I'm trying to understand what the point would be for this type of weeping if it just happens for no reason at all. If God put a burden on your heart for the lost souls of this world, and you began weeping I can see it. But weeping just for the sake of weeping... for no reason at all? I dont think God works that way.

I dont know what it is, but I do know it is not a spiritual gift. Every spiritual gift given to the church thru the Holy Spirit has a purpose and a function within the church. I can't make the connection between weeping for no reason and edifying the church. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

Krispy

2008/9/8 15:13
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Supernatural weeping--any of you experience this?

I am encountering this frequently, mostly when I witness or bring the word. [edit]Sometimes I am so overtaken by emotion while talking about Christ that takes me a coule of secound before I can commence my flow of words. These emotion occur in the very moment but I think they are from God and not just sentimentality. I cannot finish my sentence and it takes me sev It happens to me often in front of others, and I have asked God to take this away from me but he wouldn't.

Paul had a brilliant mind and used reason and logic in his writings but tears were not unfamiliar to him.[end edit]

This may not be a "gift" in the sense of the gifts of the gifts of the Spirit, but it is recorded many times in the NT.

Luke 7:38
and as she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.

Luke 7:44
Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair.

Acts 20:19
I served the Lord with great humility and with tears, although I was severely tested by the plots of the Jews.

Acts 20:31
So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears.

2 Corinthians 2:4
For I wrote you out of great distress and anguish of heart and with many tears, not to grieve you but to let you know the depth of my love for you.

Philippians 3:18
For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ.

2 Timothy 1:4
Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy.

Hebrews 5:7
During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.

narrowpath

2008/9/8 15:25Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Miccah wrote:

Quote:
There are times when something triggers weeping, and there are times with nothing triggers weeping.

I should clarify a little here. This sentence should have read.... "There are times when emotion triggers weeping, and there are times when no emotion triggers weeping".

Here is an example. A few days ago I was reading a bio of a young 3 year old that is going through cancer. This was the first time I had heard of this young boy. The family found out 2 months ago. He was living a normal life before this. All of a sudden the doctors found he has cancer all throuoghout his stomach, around the spinal column and other internal organs. He is not expected to survive.

Halfway through reading this article, I broke. I felt a severe pain in the spirit, and wept mightily for this boy and his family. It brought me to my knees. I felt the pain and heartache for him, his sister and family. I was praying that the Lord would hear my cries for mercy and healing. I felt a severe burden to contend in prayer for this boy and his family.

Was this of the flesh, or of the spirit? I have no scripture to back up my experience except that we are called to weep with those who weep, and model ourselves after our Lord...

[u][b]John 11:32-36 (NKJV)[/b][/u]

Then, when Mary came where Jesus was, and saw Him, she fell down at His feet, saying to Him, “Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died.” Therefore, when Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who came with her weeping, He groaned in the spirit and was troubled. And He said, “Where have you laid him?” They said to Him, “Lord, come and see.” [b]Jesus wept. Then the Jews said, “See how He loved him!”[/b]

If you feel lead to, please click the link to this boys site and pray what you are lead to. [color=0033FF] [url=http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/coleruotsala]Cole Ruotsala[/url] [/color]

If inappropriate or not allowed, please remove the link and folks can pm me to recieve the link.

Blessings to the fellow saints who contend for the Kingdom.

2008/9/8 17:28Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Was this of the flesh, or of the spirit?

If you concluded it was of your 'flesh' would it lessen the Christ-like compassion and sorrow you have for this little boy and his family? You have spent time with Jesus after-all. It makes sense that even on an emotional and cognitive level you are going to be more like Him, and less like your former self.

Blessings,

MC

2008/9/8 17:43Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Compton wrote:

Quote:
You have spent time with Jesus after-all.

Yes brother. May He be glorified, and I become ashes.

2008/9/9 2:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy