Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : need advice please

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"The balance is "the Spirit and the Word" (David)

Amen brother! We need to be filled with the Holy Spirit and allow Him to teach us all things. The Holy Spirit will reveal "The Word" to us, because He has come to show us who Christ is.

I am so glad that after I was saved and filled with the Spirit that I got alone with God, many times going out in the woods with my bible. These were special times in the presence of God that I could not have got under man's teaching.

God will use men, and He has set pastors and teachers in the Church to feed the flock of God.

There are many cemetaries, I mean seminaries, that will give you a head knowledge of the bible but will do nothing to help you grow spiritually. The letter of the law kills, but the Sprit gives life. If you go to a seminary, go to one where life is being ministered.

Mike

2008/9/4 14:40Profile
Compton

Re:

Whether in school, church, or home, become serious about the doctrines of scriptures.

Doctrine has gotten a bad name in (edit. too many churches spheres.) Learn to not only understand sound doctrine, but to abide in them.

2 John 1:9-11 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Sound doctrine is essential to the spirit filled Christian. The Spirit revealed these doctrines to us in the first place. We cannot say we are Spirit led if are casual about His doctrines.

MC

2008/9/4 14:54Profile
psalm1

Re:

Mike said.

"I am so glad that after I was saved and filled with the Spirit that I got alone with God, many times going out in the woods with my bible. These were special times in the presence of God that I could not have got under man's teaching."

The apostle Paul also discovered this. As have I

SO,SO,SO, AWESOME!

David

2008/9/5 13:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy