SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : did Jesus really die spiritually

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

nowhere in SCRIPTURE was Jesus said to have been in hell 3 days and nights nowhere in scripture did Jesus die SPIRITUALLY. i know that this is hard for you to swallow because you are a hagin, copeland,adherent and for these mere men to be wrong would ruin YOUR thoughts up to now . many other peoples thoughts about this would be, shot down, in the light of real truth blessed are those who fall on this ROCK and are broken in pieces, and woe to those this ROCK falls on and crushes to powder!! hail brother let the heart of truth prevail and not what falible men say. even when multitudes follow them .

2008/9/2 19:49Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

Christinyou thank you so much for your Holy Spirit filled words , i do know that Jesus could not have died spiritually, seperated from Himself,who WAS and IS and IS TO COME . yet there are so many adherents to this teaching where i live and they; for the most part, act like those who do not believe this are below thier higher level.I wish so many were not wrong and snared by this doctrine. From where i live the majority that hold to this doctrine, are not aquianted with and are not happy in the atonement that the bible speaks of. the saddest part of this whole teaching is what affects of righteousness, peace, and Joy in the Holy Ghost, that it does not produce. thank you for your scriptural input ,i have though about the Blood and How the Spirit bears witness of that life, i sahll keep looking at this thank you for your Godly prospective, God Bless you , Clint. I love the fact!! that you have shown, by scripture ,here in your post, that the Living Sacrifice went all the way through BY THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST right into the heavenly sanctuary and sprinkled, the physical life , that was poured out ,BY HIS BLOOD, ,, on the MERCY SEAT, which is the covering, the atonement.

2008/9/2 20:27Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

Christinyou,, Phillip thanks again for this post . blazedbyGod is quite adamant about this. i thank you for your input. do you know of. letusreason.org it is informative. you have given good answers here . thanks again. I will keep in touch with you . God bless you and keep you always , Clint. isaiah chapter 53 shows that Jesus poured out his soul unto death and He Himself says in John that it is His Flesh and Blood that is given. if it was to be His SPIRIT ,He would have made that clear to us , like He has made clear to us everything else that pertains to Life and Godliness.

2008/9/2 20:40Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

These men that coarsely use the Spirit of Christ for their own works gain, they are unable to separate the created being form in which God created man and the New Creature in Christ which is Spirit.

An earthly birth takes a father and mother and seed of the father to create a new life, which is not a spiritual being but a flesh, bone and blood, with the breath of Life, the soul of a man that God breathed into him in his creation.

The Spirit of A man must be Spirit, and man is not a spirit being, if he was a spirit, flesh and blood, with the soul of a man, he could enter the kingdom of God.

Scripture says, flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of God, it takes a Spiritual being to enter the kingdom and that is "Christ in you the Hope of Glory", Col 1:27.

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Unless a kernel of corn be planted in the Ground and It die alone, it cannot produce fruit.

The Life Spirit of the Son of God could not die alone, only the Flesh and bone and blood, dies and with the New resurrected Body of Christ, which is flesh and bone, with His eternal Spirit intact could He ascend in the clouds and return in the clouds of Glory. No blood in His resurrected body for that is the life of the un- resurrected and blood cannot enter the kingdom of God. That is the same body we will have in the resurrection, the dead in Christ resurrected to new bodies like His, the living in Christ changed in the twinkling of an eye to have the same body like His, Flesh, Bone And the Spirit of Christ,
With our renewed soul-minds to the mind of Christ.

The blood was shed from the whipping post to the foot of the Cross, where it was poured out on the altar of the world that His death and the shedding of that sinless blood would atone for the sin of the whole world. You see that blood was not the blood of the flesh of our earthly father Adam but the perfect Blood of His Heavenly Father, that is why there was no sin in His Blood and the only reason God could accept Christ's Blood for the atonement.

The physical shedding of that blood is still upon the earth, the Seed of that Blood which is the Seed of the Father in Mary by the Holy Spirit, producing Jesus Christ the Son of God, is the atoning Seed we receive when we are born again and then and only then can we become the son's of God, perfect replicas of Jesus Christ the only Begotten Son, with all the attributes of Christ Himself, with our own soul and individuality that God made us to be as the flowers of the earth, no one being the same.

In Christ the eternal Spirit birthed in the Believer unto a new creature in Christ, old things are passed away and all things have become new in Him.

In Him: Phillip

2008/9/2 21:00Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

Christinyou wrote:
Quote:

"""Was Jesus forsaken of the Father-yes or no"""

In His soul and flesh, Yes, in Spirit, No.

Where does it say that man has a human spirit. Man has a human soul. That is the breath of Life that God breathed into Adam, Adam chose his spirit by whom he believed the lie from.

"""Did Jesus have what we would call a human spirit-yes or no?"""

[b]No, there is no human spirit, only the spirit of Satan or the Spirit of Christ[/b], only that which is chosen to believe in. In that since, Yes, for Christ and His Father were One and they totally believed in each other.

In Christ: Phillip

Phillip says that there is "no human spirit, only the spirit of Satan or the Spirit of Christ.."

Matt 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven

Luke 1:17 And he shall go before him in the [b]spirit and power of Elias[/b], to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

Jesus spoke of Elijah's spirit.

Luke 1: 46 [b]And Mary said, My SOUL doth magnify the Lord, 47 AND MY spirit[/b] hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Mary spoke of her soul magnifying the Lord; AND her SPIRIT rejoicing in God.

Luke 1:80 And the child grew, and waxed strong [b]in spirit[/b], and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.

Acts 7:59And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive [b]my spirit[/b].
rStephen, calling upon the Lord said "receive MY SPIRIT"

The apostle Paul said:
Rom 1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with [b]my spirit[/b] in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

1 Cor 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and [b]my spirit[/b], with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ

1 Cor 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, [b]my spirit[/b] prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful

1 Cor 16:18 For they have refreshed [b]my spirit and yours[/b]: therefore acknowledge ye them that are such.

2 Cor 2:13 I had no rest in [b]my spirit[/b], because I found not Titus my brother: but taking my leave of them, I went from thence into Macedonia.

Phillip, is this not the human spirit-yes or no?

What spirit is Paul referring to when he says "my spirit"-it most definitely is neither the spirit of Satan, nor the Spirit of Christ-it is exactly what he calls it, " his spirit".

Gen 2:7 does not say "man has a human soul" neither does it say that God breathed soul into him, Gen 2:7 says

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath(spirit) of life; AND man BECAME a living soul.

The word for breath here is: N@shamah,nesh-aw-maw' and the definition for this word is: spirit
[url=http://bible1.crosswalk.com/Lexicons/Hebrew/heb.cgi?number=05397&version=kjv]Definition for "breath" in Gen 2:7[/url]

Isa 42:5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, [b]and spirit[/b] to them that walk therei

1 Thess 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole [b]spirit[/b] and soul and body be [b]preserved blameless[/b] unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Why does he mention our WHOLE spirit, soul, and body? Because man is spirit, soul, and body.

1 Cor 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, [b]and in your spirit[/b], which are God's.

2008/9/2 22:29Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

clintstone wrote:
[b]nowhere in SCRIPTURE was Jesus said to have been in hell[/b] 3 days and nights nowhere in scripture did Jesus die SPIRITUALLY. i know that this is hard for you to swallow because you are a hagin, copeland,adherent and for these mere men to be wrong would ruin YOUR thoughts up to now . many other peoples thoughts about this would be, shot down, in the light of real truth blessed are those who fall on this ROCK and are broken in pieces, and woe to those this ROCK falls on and crushes to powder!! hail brother let the heart of truth prevail and not what falible men say. even when multitudes follow them .

Clintstone, you are always so quick so to unscripturally say that Jesus did not go to Hell, but the Word of God is Truth, Power, and Pure.

Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it. 25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: 26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: 27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance. 29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 He seeing this before [b]spake of the resurrection of Christ, that HIS soul was not left IN HELL[/b], neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 [b]THIS JESUS[/b] hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

David way back in the Psalms prophecied that God would not leave the soul of Christ in HELL, because he would resurrect him.

You always quote that Jesus is the one WHO WAS, WHO IS, and IS TO COME-but you never finish the rest of that verse:

Rev 1:18 [color=FF0000]I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of HELL and of death[/color]

2008/9/2 23:30Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

quote:

Matthew 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit : for theirs is the kingdom of heaven .

To start with we must break down the word pneuma, which in context is a spirit, but not a spirit that can enter the kingdom of God. It is referred to as the soul of a men.

Strong's Greek Dictionary
4151. pneuma
Search for G4151 in KJVSL
pneuma pneuma pnyoo'-mah
from 4154; a current of air, i.e. breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figuratively, a spirit, i.e. (when speaking of) (human) it is the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, (mind, will and emotions)etc., or of(superhuman) an angel, demon, or (divine) God, Christ's spirit, the Holy Spirit:--ghost, life, spirit(-ual, -ually), mind. Compare 5590.

See Greek 4154
See Greek 5590

Coming from 5590: Strong's Greek Dictionary
5590. psuche
Search for G5590 in KJVSL

Luke 1:17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias , to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children , and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just ; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord .

God went before Elijah and His Spirit and power, going forth before him, Elijah is forerunner of the Spirit of Christ in us, but the spirit went before Elijah, not confirmed in Him but with Elijah, as Jesus Said, the Holy Spirit is with you and will be in you. Then the Born Again Christian has a Spirit, that is the Spirit of Christ in him. And the Spirit of Satan defeated at the Cross can no longer be call our father.
Satan's spirit defeated and out, the Spirit of Christ now making the spirit of the Believer, His own Spirit.

This is not the soul mind and body that the Word of God separates with the two edged sword, dividing the soul and Spirit and even to the dividing the bone and marrow, the flesh.

The Spirit of a born again believer is not Christ. Satan now has no hold on the believer, only when the believer gives a mind to Satan can he do anything, if we don't give Satan a mind to work with he is defeated in every way. That is what the full Armour of God which every peace is Christ in the The hope of Glory. The breastplate of righteousness is Christ in us, the Helmet of salvation is Christ in us, the feet show with the preparation of the gospel of Peace, He is our Peace, etc;

yuch psuche psoo-khay'
from 5594; breath, i.e. (by implication) spirit, abstractly or concretely (the animal sentient principle only; thus distinguished on the one hand from 4151, which is the rational and immortal soul; and on the other from 2222, which is mere vitality, even of plants: these terms thus exactly correspond respectively to the Hebrew 5315, 7307 and 2416):--heart (+ -ily), life, mind, soul, + us, + you.

This word when rightly divided in contest, is not speaking of a spirit a man has but immortal soul, as of vitality of life, even of plants, not a spirit being.

Luke 1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

The Holy Spirit came upon her and she was with child, Jesus Christ the only begotten son of God.

Then she could say; Luke 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

With the spirit of Christ in her, she could say and it be the truth, that: Lu 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. Without the Spirit of Christ in her she could not say; "my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior. But now that Jesus Christ was in her, she could say her spirit which was Christ could rejoice.

If you rightly divide the word pneuma, which ie.
in humans means the soul of a man the life force breathed into him in the garden given him, the mind, will and emotions, smell, touch, taste, hear, see, and never able to please God, for all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.

Quote:

"" 1 Thess 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Why does he mention our WHOLE spirit, soul, and body? Because man is spirit, soul, and body.

1 Cor 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.""

These already were born from above and had the Spirit of Christ in them and they knew It was so, because the Spirit of Christ was evidenced in them.

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

The Holy Spirit is in us also and He is the one that quickens our mortal bodies by the Spirit of Christ that dwelleth in us.

Satan is a spirit, and Christ is a Spirit, and God is Spirit, and the Holy Spirit also. Which spirit are in the children of disobedience? Which Spirit is in the birthed son's of God?

Not by my spirit which is my soul-mind, but by His Spirit unto salvation and the knowing that Christ is in me, given birth by God, birthed in the believer, sealed by the Holy Spirit, where Christ is no my spirit.

Ro 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Ro 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Ro 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Ro 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Ro 15:19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.
Ro 15:30 Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;
1Co 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
2Co 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

With the Spirit of Christ in me, My soul-mind will and emotions is now in the Power of Life in Christ and By the Holy Spirit teacher making that truth real to me. John 14,15,16,17 our Holy Spirit Comforter Teacher of the things Christ says.

In Him by His Spirit in me: Phillip

2008/9/3 4:57Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

again, you will not find any place in scripture that says Jesus was in hell 3 days and nights

2008/9/3 21:54Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

thank you brother Phillip. that is also my dads name. i can tell you have looked much at Jesus . thank you for your timely well fitting input in this thread. they are to me," like apples of gold in pitchers of silver ".

2008/9/3 22:05Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

phillip,again thank you for your time. i love to study charles finneys systematic theology

2008/9/3 22:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy