SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : did Jesus really die spiritually

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

clintstone wrote:
nowhere in the bible have i founr that jesus' death was a spiritual one in isaiah 53 it says he poured out his soulnot spirit in 1 cor 5: 21 in the greek it says how God viewed our sin as Jesus' . the bible says that no man speakibf by the Holy Spirit can call Jesus accursed [ anathema ]in the greek. i want to know what , if any of the old timers on here think of this and some more info to reinforce what i already believe to be true. that is from scripture and studying some of the original usages of greek and hebrew and what i know of the atonement as taught by charles finney. that Jesus did not die spiritually . i do want the truth , that can be unreprovable in any court of reason. so far all i see is a mythical spiritual death that the bible does not say happened.

The soul and the spirit are united.If he poured out his soul-then you should understand that that includes his spirit.

When God breathed the breath of life (spirit) into Adam he instantanouesly BECAME a LIVING SOUL.

2008/8/28 17:21Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

i know this is where it is taught from by the believers of Jesus death being spiritual, in the since that He died spiritually. but to me this says nothing in its meaning of Jesus' spiritual death. this only Speaks of Gods viewpoint of Jesus' taking our place,,,, who knew no sin,,, does not any man have to know sin before he dies spiritually, Jesus never knew sin, that's why no one can Call Jesus anathema [accursed]

2008/8/28 17:21Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
clintstone wrote:
nowhere in the bible have i founr that jesus' death was a spiritual one...

What do you define as spiritual death?

I gave a definition.
Do you not agree?
If not, what is it then?

2008/8/28 17:22Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

hello , sojournor7 . i do believe that it is easy to see that Jesus' death was only physical. that when all the fact of who He was is seen. i believe the devil wants to decieve as much as he can about who Jesus was and thereby undermine the effectualness of the atonement. i really want to know this thoroughly , becuase i live in tulsa, ok. where a lot of this born again man Jesus is taught on and i see this as a grave error.so i want to be as solid as scripture reveals on this. letusreason.org .. speaks much about this and judith mattas' book " the born again jesus of the word faith movement " teaches about this. i am asking here becuase i thought that some of the old timers had dealt with this issue as i believe the first century Christians did.

2008/8/28 17:31Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

I am not saying Christ's death was a "spiritual one"-I am stating that Christ's death included both death spiritually and physically-that it was NOT just physical.

Matt 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, [b]why hast thou forsaken me[/b]? (Spiritual).......50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. (Physical)

2008/8/28 17:31Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

clintstone wrote:
i know this is where it is taught from by the believers of Jesus death being spiritual, in the since that He died spiritually. but to me this says nothing in its meaning of Jesus' spiritual death. this only Speaks of Gods viewpoint of Jesus' taking our place,,,, who knew no sin,,, does not any man have to know sin before he dies spiritually, Jesus never knew sin, that's why no one can Call Jesus anathema [accursed]

Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, [b]being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree[/b]

Deut 21:22 And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree:23 His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

2008/8/28 17:36Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

e w kenyon was a terrible mess with his doctrine he was taught at emerson college by mary baker eddy, ralf trine , and waldo emerson. i do not agree with him either . he is where this spiritaul death of Jesus started then hagin and copeland followed him.

2008/8/28 17:37Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

While Jesus died physically and was "made sin" on our behalf, Jesus did not die spiritually. Had he died spiritually, then His death would have no atoning value. It's as Peter said: "For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;" (1 Peter 3:18)

Had Christ died a spiritual death, then His physical death would have been justified. But because He died a physical death without a spiritual death, His death was unjustified. Therefore, God recognized Christ's death and sacrifice, and raised Him up from the dead. For as Peter says, even though Christ was put to death in the flesh, He was spiritually alive even though physically dead.

The contrast of Peter's affirmation here cannot be ignored: Christ died physically, though, alive spiritually. He was the just (spiritually alive and in right standing with God), dying for the unjust (those spiritually dead and in wrong relationship with God).

2008/8/28 17:39Profile
Logic

Re:

What do you define as spiritual death?

I gave a definition.
Do you not agree?
If not, what is it then?

2008/8/28 17:42Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

logic , in the bible when it speaks of spiritually dead people and the outcome of such it is always refering to everlasting , eternal punishment unending eternal death. did not Jesus give His life through an eternal spirit. if spiritual death was a means of being justified. would not the scripture say, when Jesus was at the supper," take this is my spirit which is broken for you " would not Scripture be very clear on this as it is of His physical death and bleeding for us.

2008/8/28 17:45Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy