SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : all will be healed?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
Joshh
Member



Joined: 2008/8/26
Posts: 62


 Re:

Because most were healed. Again, this does not mean God doesn't want to heal everyone. Like I posted earlier, Jesus couldn't do very much in his hometown because of unbelief. But it is clear that Jesus wanted to!

Quote:

hmmhmm wrote:
well, maybe you can explain why the Holy Spirit (God) chose another word for all and the other "great" or "most".

the words are not identical in the original. If it meant ALL i presume God would use the same word that describes how many came to HIM.

but he did not, it is two different words

 2008/8/27 13:57Profile
Joshh
Member



Joined: 2008/8/26
Posts: 62


 Re:

Krispy, you produce the Christian that wants to live to be 2,000 instead of going to Heaven after 70 years. That's not me, and I doubt it's anyone here.

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Again... everyone since Jesus has died. Most die from a failure in health. If it was [b]always[/b] God's will to heal those who exercise the faith to be healed... where are the 2,000 yr old people? Produce [b]one[/b] and I'll believe it's [i]always[/i] God's will to heal.

The fact that all people die shows that it is not His will to heal all believers.

This is bordering on WOF.

Krispy

 2008/8/27 13:58Profile









 Re:

Why are there no 2,000 year old people? Surely at least one person in all that time could "have enough faith" for God to heal them continuously... right? Instead, all men succumb to their health sooner or later.

Thats a burr under the saddle no one wants to address...

Joshh, you havent answered the question, tho I agree with you that who wants to live that long anyway?

Krispy

 2008/8/27 13:59
DirkW
Member



Joined: 2007/11/16
Posts: 88
Netherlands

 Re:

Someone can tell me if I got a right view on things?

Now I think…when I see someone who is sick, or has pain… I just pray for them in Jesus Name and believe them to get healed because I believe God will hear my prayer and will work through that prayer and the laying on of hands.
Sometimes He heals, sometimes he doesn’t. But when He doesn’t we pray again. And we search His will concerning healing and the person. Is that biblical? Is that Gods will concerning healing? That we pray if there are sick among us. Because this is how I stand in all of this.
I believe God can heal, I believe His Spirit lives within me and I believe when we lay hands on the sick they do get healed. And sometimes not but I don’t know how that comes. But never I see it’s Gods will not to heal. I understand there are cases that people won’t get healed because of His higher will, are old or God calls them home, God wants to teach them something (can someone give some scriptural examples for this?) etc. but maybe there is more possible then we believe or pray nowadays? (without any pressure)
I’m not talking about charlatans etc. at the moment, but I’m talking about how we apply praying for sick people in our own life. I understand that the main focus is live or die I am Christ and my days are in His hands. But I also do believe God wants us to pray in our needs and we can receive from Him.
Correct me if I’m wrong in all of this.

So the give a summary…
- when someone is sick…
- they go to the elders and get prayed for
- when no elders in the neighborhood they get prayed for by a child of God
- the Christian prays in Jesus Name with laying on of hands for healing
- God will hear this prayer (healing / no healing / continue to pray for healing / pray for other things as the time goes by and He reveals His will).

Is this biblical / a godly view on this matter?


_________________
Dirk

 2008/8/27 14:36Profile
DirkW
Member



Joined: 2007/11/16
Posts: 88
Netherlands

 Re:

PS. When I look at www.blueletterbible.org and look at isaihah 53:4 > He has borne our grieves (choliy > means sickness), carried our sorrows (ma'kob > means sorrow/pain).

did Jesus carry our sicknesses on the cross? He carried our sorrow/pain it also says. Did He do this? And how must I interprete this verse?


_________________
Dirk

 2008/8/27 14:49Profile
Joshh
Member



Joined: 2008/8/26
Posts: 62


 Re:

Krispy, I answered your question. There aren't 2,000 year old people because no one wants to live that long. And, I do know people who have faith for God to heal them continuously.

Have you heard of FF Bosworth? He lived to a ripe old age, and when he died, he was in bed for a few hours, his family surrounding him. They said some goodbyes, Bosworth laid back, shut his eyes, and he was gone. But no health problems, it was just his time to go.

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Why are there no 2,000 year old people? Surely at least one person in all that time could "have enough faith" for God to heal them continuously... right? Instead, all men succumb to their health sooner or later.

Thats a burr under the saddle no one wants to address...

Joshh, you havent answered the question, tho I agree with you that who wants to live that long anyway?

Krispy

 2008/8/27 14:55Profile
Joshh
Member



Joined: 2008/8/26
Posts: 62


 Re:

Quote:
Now I think…when I see someone who is sick, or has pain… I just pray for them in Jesus Name and believe them to get healed because I believe God will hear my prayer and will work through that prayer and the laying on of hands.

You also believe that they are healed because of what Jesus has done.
Quote:
Sometimes He heals, sometimes he doesn’t. But when He doesn’t we pray again.

When He doesn't, we continue to pray, but find out if we're doing something to block the healing.
Quote:
And we search His will concerning healing and the person. Is that biblical? Is that Gods will concerning healing?

We already know God's will on healing because of Jesus.
Quote:
I believe God can heal, I believe His Spirit lives within me and I believe when we lay hands on the sick they do get healed. And sometimes not but I don’t know how that comes.

Believe God WANTS to heal. Ususally when someone doesn't get healed, it's due to doubts overshadowing their faith.
Quote:
But never I see it’s Gods will not to heal. I understand there are cases that people won’t get healed because of His higher will,

It's never God's will not to heal. If you pray for someone that doesn't get healed, it isn't because God wants them sick.
Quote:
God wants to teach them something (can someone give some scriptural examples for this?) etc.

GOd never uses sickness to teach us something. The Holy Spirit is our teacher. Would you give your kids cancer, polio, back problems, etc to teach them something? Well, neither would God.

Google Dr. Roger Sapp. He is one of the few out there that has his head on straight on this subject.

 2008/8/27 15:09Profile
hmmhmm
Member



Joined: 2006/1/31
Posts: 4991
Sweden

 Re:

in the bible we have Job, God himself witness he was an upright and righteous man. So he must have had faith, we could say he was the man who possessed the most faith of all living men in that day.

Yet God not only allowed him to get sick, he killed the mans children, and took away all his riches. To teach him somethings, and God is the same today yesterday and forever.


_________________
CHRISTIAN

 2008/8/27 15:25Profile









 Re:

Joshh... you may or may not realize it, but what you are promoting is Word of Faith doctrine. Buckle your seatbelt if thats what you're bringing to the table.

Krispy

 2008/8/27 15:25
Joshh
Member



Joined: 2008/8/26
Posts: 62


 Re:

Quote:

hmmhmm wrote:
Yet God not only allowed him to get sick, he killed the mans children, and took away all his riches. To teach him somethings, and God is the same today yesterday and forever.



God did NOT kill his children or take his riches, Satan did! And God didn't allow him to go through this to teach him something, he did it to teach Satan something.

In short, Satan attacked Job, took his health, and God healed him.

 2008/8/27 15:56Profile





©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy