SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A great sermon you all must hear...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

A great sermon you all must hear...

Below is a link to a sermon given by Pastor James Knox of Bible Baptist Church in Deland Florida. I've been listening to his preaching for a couple of years now. This is by far the best sermon I've heard from him.

I've long contended that the greatest problem in America today, and in the American church, is not the homosexual movement... not abortion on demand... not the economy... it's false teachers. And not only that, it's the church's relunctance to deal with them, and in many cases actually embrace them as brethren.

Give this sermon a listen and then please comment.

[url=http://www.jamesknox.com/sermons/classics/classics.shtml]Pastor James Knox[/url]

When you get to the page simply download the sermon entitled [b]"Foes of Final Authority (Psalms 138)"[/b] given on 07/13/2008.

By the way... he has many great sermons available on his site. But I must warn you... [b]do not[/b] order any of his music. It's perhaps the most horrible music I've ever heard. I love brother James, he's a dynamic preacher, but a songwriter/singer he is not.

Krispy

2008/8/8 8:15

Re: A great sermon you all must hear...

Sorry to bump this, but this is such a great sermon... I wanted to make sure everyone saw this.

Krispy

2008/8/8 11:38
MSeaman

Michigan

downloading it now! :) I didn't think the music was that bad.... :P

2008/8/8 14:39Profile

Re:

I only heard his latest CD... I didnt make it all the way thru. Had to turn it off.

But God has definately gifted him as a preacher and teacher of the Word.

Krispy

2008/8/8 14:44

Re:

By the way... the other "Final Authority" sermon on that web page is a great one too.

Krispy

2008/8/8 14:48
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

AMEN!!! I'm sick of this post-modernist go with every way of the wind junk. No Standards or Foundations everything is relevant...

I just think or I just feel, follow your heart.... Garbage

There are absolutes & you can find them in
THE WORD OF GOD

____

I tend to think the sermon ' Arise and Go' is his best though

2008/8/8 15:32Profile
boG

Las Vegas, NV

After that comment, you know we all just have to hear this music.

I see what you mean Krispy :-?

The lyrics seem well enough written but Pastor Knox definitely isn't a singer or composer. Haha! :-P

Yea, definitely not a singer ... Haha! Good words though as far as I can say.

2008/8/8 19:01Profile
JoanM

Re: Too difficult for me

I thank God that there are pastors in this land that are led to address the issues that are before our faces. I know that individual congregations have specific needs but if the large issues facing the larger Body are never spoken about, something is wrong. This message is likely to increase the resolve of many to stick with hard sayings in the Word of God. His choosing to address specific lies and hold the Truth against them gave a strong relief to error and a clear warning about those that teach such.

Passing over the lies of leaders is dangerous to hearers. I am astounded regarding the use of money given for ministry that he reported. Particularly how thinly the leaders feel it is necessary to hide that abuse.

There was one thing that broke my heart and seemed a bit dangerous to be going on in the message and in the service. It was the laughter. The spirit of it. It could, and momentarily did seem to puff him up and lead him astray. I understand that the flesh (even the heart) hurts when the truth is rejected, pulled back from. I know it helps to agree with others of a like mind. I do not think that way, the laughter, is helpful. When people pulled back from Jesus, he did not do that. It could undermine Divine Love and weaken some there.

Did it touch you at the end of the message when he said, “I do not hate them.” And then quoted PSM 139:19-24. The answer to the man that expressed concern for the lack of love was odd. Divine Love is not equal to not sinning against our neighbor. We need a message on perfect hatred. There is probably a reason that David moves from verse 22, into verse 23-24. I will explore that. It may have to do with [u][b]pain[/u][/b], the pain of people pulling back and our response to that.

As he said at the beginning, I would need to hear many of his messages. Pastor Knox probably has many messages dealing with pain. I was glad to hear the message. If you love me, you will tell me the truth. I have found that I can take truth that is not spoken in love, to our Father to sort out for me as He has abounding Love and Grace. But this puts an unnecessary burden on our brothers and sisters. Still lying in love is only out of fleshly love of self or others and probably more damaging.

I see I have gotten myself into something too difficult for me. It makes me weep and is another reason we need revival across our land.

2008/8/8 20:46Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Quote:
By the way... the other "Final Authority" sermon on that web page is a great one too.

Listened to this first seeing that they seem to be in sequence and I must say, thanks brother.

The Word of God. God's word. The bible. The scriptures.

[i]To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.[/i] Isa 8:20

2008/8/9 15:31Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Bible based

Quote:
I've long contended that the greatest problem in America today, and in the American church, is not the homosexual movement... not abortion on demand... not the economy... it's false teachers. And not only that, it's the church's relunctance to deal with them, and in many cases actually embrace them as brethren.

Roots. Getting at the root of the matter. I agree with you brother, think I have become worn out with the argument(s) at the surface level. That is to say that even false teachers, with practically everything else seems, to be begging a particular qualifier - It's the same redundant rant; [i]what I mean to say[/i] or [i]I am not saying[/i]. That one feels compelled to answer perfunctory, anticipating the questioning and reasoning ... Maybe it's just me. To read between the lines anymore ... Teaching false is false teaching.

It applies here though, with these messages. There might be fault to be found I am sure if everything was to be didactically measured out, but would suspend whatever few bit's of otherwise consideration to get at the core of his reasoning. Back to the bible. It's an echo of the same thoughts that many share here and I took away that which is in it's intrinsic nature, it's 'simplicity'. He seemed to codify it, (paraphrasing here); "What do you need with extra-biblical revelation if you haven't even yet mastered the 66 books?"

Just very plain speaking - Refreshing to hear.

Toward the laughter mentioned ... Didn't find it ill -willed mockery or flippant, crass irreverence. Some things are just ridiculous. Got a good chuckle regarding preaching that talks of the devil stealing your money; "What, does he need a buck for the soda machine?"

:-)

2008/8/10 11:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy