SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Post-Trib Rapture

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
learn

Re:

The Holy Scriptures in Revelation 20 and John 6 clearly lay out a Post-Tribulation Resurrection.

http://endtimepilgrim.org/posttribrap.htm

THE BIBLE SPEAKS OF A COMBINED RESURRECTION-RAPTURE.
So let us go back to the Bible. Here is question number one. Just how does the Rapture fit in with the sure and blessed hope of the Resurrection of those dear saints who have passed on?
Here is what our Apostle Paul had to say.

1Thessalonians 4:15-17
4:15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord,
that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord
will by no means precede those who are asleep.
4:16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God.
And the dead in Christ will rise first.

4:17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them
in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.
And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

Here in this passage of scripture we can see that Paul is clearly showing us a combined Resurrection-Rapture.
The Rapture will "by no means precede" the Resurrection, Paul says.
So if we are going to have a Pre-Trib Rapture
then it must be accompanied by a preceding Pre-Tribulation Resurrection.
OK, now here we come to a key question.
We must find Biblical proof of a special early Pre-Tribulation Resurrection.
It must be found and time pegged as 3.5 or 7 years before the end of the age.
Does such an animal exist in Holy Scripture?

Of course such an idea is extremely problematical.
There is no scripture laying out a special early Resurrection.
The Bible, (as we shall discover in the paragraphs below), is telling us a different story.
The Holy Scriptures in Revelation 20 and John 6 clearly lay out a Post-Tribulation Resurrection.

A COMBINED RESURRECTION-RAPTURE IS LAID OUT IN THE BIBLE.
THEN WE SEE THE MYSTERIOUS CHURCH SPONSORED SMOKESCREEN
OVER THE TIMING OF THE RESURRECTION OF THE RIGHTEOUS DEAD.
WE THEN GO ON TO ASK THE QUESTION THAT IS RARELY ASKED.

2008/8/1 1:57Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

What about?

Matthew 27

50. Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
51. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
52. And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

144,000?

Eddie

2008/8/1 7:25Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi learn...

Quote:
The Holy Scriptures in Revelation 20 and John 6 [u][i]clearly[/i][/u] lay out a Post-Tribulation Resurrection.

I just don't know how "clear" this is in either passage -- hence the ongoing discussion.

:-(

2008/8/1 10:50Profile
learn

Re:

First off--disclaimer. I am no expert at Revelation at this stage.

Revelation 20:5
The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the FIRST resurrection.

Other verses--please read the articles in the website

The website I've provided in my earlier posts has many articles in it. I suggest, to read them many times if one is interested. (There's 1 glaring mistake there ie they provided when they suspected the end time was ie Yr 2003 which of course we know its not as its Yr 2008). However, this does not negate the other articles quality and also I don't believe that people will know when the end time is as the bible says so).

There's also another website which has more mistakes (example they think that hell is not everlasting--hmm I have to say I'm not too sure on this). However, it also has good articles on the post-rap tribulation. See below (I'm just giving the website)
http://www.realtruth.org/articles/080502-006-utbor.html

I would normally not post in this thread as I'm bad in this and honestly not that interested in this either. The only reason I'm posting is that prior to this thread, I think I suspect God caused me to read Revelation intensely (not all parts) for a period of time and I kept coming back to having peace that its post-rap trib and that many people who think that its pre-rap trib will be unprepared and it does seem 'good for churches' to tell people that its pre-rap trib (people like to hear this).

When people who supported pre-rap trib started to pull out articles etc to support these and the people that supported post-rap trib did not post much articles to support their position, I felt that maybe I needed to post some articles on post-rap trib (especially since I felt that maybe God may want me to --coincidence of thread timing and when I read Revelation etc). A pre-rap trib does not require muuch preparation for believers but a post-rap trib will require believers to strengthen themselves with the word of God so that they are prepared to face the tribulation.

Whether its really a pre-rap trib or not, I tend to lean to post-rap trib and am happy to leave it as that unless I feel an urge to look further. I really cannot comment much on this further except to suggest to read those articles and whether one believes its pre or post-rap trib, I think its safer to err on the side of caution to strengthen ourselves and others (now or future generations) with the word of God if we are to face the tribulation

2008/8/1 12:57Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

Scripture is also very clear about what the 144,000 are doing, and it is not evangelizing the lost!

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
Rev 14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
Rev 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Rev 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

Blessings Greg

2008/8/1 17:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy