SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer request: Relocating to California...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
You talk too much, be cautious that you don’t put your foot in your mouth. I see you already have, how’s that toe?

???

Krispy

2008/7/22 13:49
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Thank you for your prayers.

My wife and I arrived safely back to Texas. It was a long but extremely educational trip. We actually drove the entire way -- listening to quite a few sermons that we downloaded from SermonIndex. It was quite moving to listen to Leonard Ravenhill speak about the majesty of God as we drove through some breathtaking areas.

My wife was offered a job at a military school, and I was offered a job at a bio-tech company. We turned down both offers, and we are currently awaiting word from our other interviews. We did, however, decide upon what part of the Bay Area we would like to live (the less urban Penninsula region).

Please continue to pray for us. If I receive a good offer, I will likely return to California. I will need to find a place to stay (quickly) and begin working. As you can imagine, this will probably be extremely expensive at the get-go. My wife will also have another interview this week via telephone. I have been offered a few other jobs, but they assumed that I already lived in the region. If we don't obtain a definitive offer, we will likely move to the region in order to accept whatever we can. Lucia (my sister-in-law) will not begin at Stanford until the freshman orientation in September. We are praying that we are established by that time.

Thank you for your continued prayers! As you can imagine, this takes quite a bit of effort to lay our concerns and anxiety at the feet of the Lord. However, we are doing so. We will keep you updated!

:-)

2008/7/31 1:05Profile
Soondak

Re: Prayer request: Relocating to California...

Praying.

2008/7/31 20:18Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Just bumping this for prayer.

My wife and I will be leaving for California early next week. We haven't found a house yet, and we would like to be led by the Lord to the place that He would have for us. Please keep us in your prayers.

Please pray for our job status too. We were both offered some employment opportunties, but we had to turn them down since we didn't live in CA yet. We would like for the Lord to open the right doors for us.

Please also pray for my wife's sister, Lucia. She will begin school at Stanford University in a couple of weeks. We are praying that her light for the Lord burns brightly there!

We will be looking for a congregation with which to fellowship in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are strongly opposed to modern "church growth" philosophies and would prefer to fellowship in a congregation (including a house church) that teaches simple and meaningful truth from God's Word (Ravenhill, Tozer, etc... type of congregations, if that makes sense). We are accustomed to bilingual (Spanish/English) congregations, but we are open to single language fellowships! Our current local congregation is extremely simple, but we rejoice in the pure and refreshing messages from the Word of God.

Please pray for us in this. As you can imagine, it is a burdensome time that weighs heavily upon us. Yet we feel the guidance of the Lord in all of this. We pray that we can be a light in an area that has grown accustomed to immense darkness.

2008/9/3 0:18Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Brother check your PM

2008/9/3 2:32Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Thank you for your prayers.

We drove just under five hours yesterday to San Antonio from Weslaco (along the Texas/Mexico border). Monday morning, we will be driving about 12 hours to Tucson, Arizona. We are taking two vehicles (my wife and her little sister in one and just the Lord and I in the other), so please pray for both.

We hope to be in the Bay Area by Tuesday night or Wednesday. Please pray that we go forward in the courage that realizes that the Lord is with us!

Thank you!

2008/9/6 16:41Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Bumping for prayer.

We will be leaving early in the morning toward Tucson, Arizona. Tuesday morning, we will be headed toward the Palo Alto, California area.

Please keep my wife, sister-in-law, myself and our vehicles in your prayers.

2008/9/7 22:19Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Praying.

2008/9/7 22:41Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Thank you for your prayers! We are in sunny southern California. We will begin driving to the Palo Alto area tomorrow morning.

Please remember us.

2008/9/11 0:03Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello!

We have arrived in the San Francisco Bay area. We are thankful for the prayers as we traveled!

Please continue to remember us in your prayers as we search for housing (an apartment or house to rent). We are also searching for employment opportunities. We were both offered positions, but we were still residing in Texas. We were told to "show up" as soon as we arrived, but we don't have any offers yet "written in stone."

Thank you so much for your prayers! We are relying on the direction that we feel that we have received from the Lord. We definitely want to shine the light of Christ through us wherever we go. Just last night, I was waiting for our takeout at a local Chilis restaurant. An elderly woman in line began to speak with me about a few things, which opened the door for me to share my faith. She said that she is a Christian, and said that this area needs more people who can share their faith so openly and honestly.

We will be spending the next few days searching for housing. My wife's sister, Lucia, will begin Freshmen Orientation at Stanford University on Tuesday. Please continue to hold her in your prayers too. She will be receiving her housing assignment in one of the Freshmen girl's dorms, and she is praying for a Christian roommate (or one who will be open to the faith).

Thank you for your continued prayers. They are appreciated more than you can know!

2008/9/12 22:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy