SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Having to to do with who God speaks to

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Having to to do with who God speaks to

Question: Was Abraham unrighteous or ungodly before God spoke to him? . . . .Was he either or neither? Was Abraham a "lawless" person? Did he do deeds of unrighteousness; that demonstrated his unrighteousness towards God or did he do deeds of righteousness that testified of the law of God written upon his heart or could he from a disposition that, is given to us to believe, was without God?

I don't believe it can be found that God ever spoke to an unrighteous person except through a Prophet. Am I wrong?

". . . in every nation the person who fears Him and does righteousness is acceptable to Him."
Acts 10:35 (HCSB)

"For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." . . . . But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works: "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered; Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin." Does this blessedness then come upon the circumcised only, or upon the uncircumcised also? For we say that faith was accounted to Abraham for righteousness.
Romans 4:3,5-9 (NKJV)

2008/7/15 8:22
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Having to to do with who God speaks to

God knew Abram and God gave him belief in His
promises and truth. Abram heard and obeyed God.
God made covenant with Abraham to multiply his
seed and make a great nation, which would be
called Israel.

2008/7/15 13:41Profile

Re:

Why did God speak to Abram in the first place? What was it about Abram that caught the eye of God if not righteousness by faith in God.

I believe that is the crux of my op.

2008/7/15 14:06
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

God chose Abram. Faith was not present until
God gave His word and His promises and Abram
believed because God gave him faith. Faith is
also the gift of God. God simply called Abram
to walk before Him and be perfect and Abram
obeyed!! You see, it is God's calling and
choosing and He knows those who will be faithful.

2008/7/15 17:38Profile

Re:

Why did God choose Abraham if faith is a gift? If it was a gift then anyone God gave it to would faithful, correct?

Quote:
God is looking
and longing to find;
A ready and willing
heart that says:
"Not my will, Lord;
But Thine!

A. B. SIMPSON

If God found such a one He wouldn't have to "gift" him faith, would He?

Quote:

sojourner7 wrote:
God chose Abram. Faith was not present until
God gave His word and His promises and Abram
believed because God gave him faith. Faith is
also the gift of God. God simply called Abram
to walk before Him and be perfect and Abram
obeyed!! You see, it is God's calling and
choosing and He knows those who will be faithful.

2008/7/15 18:40
dohzman

I don't believe it can be found that God ever spoke to an unrighteous person except through a Prophet. Am I wrong?

Balaam,Nebuchadnezzar,Adam after the fall, Cain that's just off the top of my head.

2008/7/15 19:09Profile
rbanks

Re:

Abram had to have heard about the true and living God and responded to what he had heard.

2008/7/15 19:16Profile

Re:

Quote:

dohzman wrote:

Balaam,Nebuchadnezzar,Adam after the fall, Cain that's just off the top of my head.

Balaam was a prophet albeit a crooked one. Nebuchadnezzar, I would have to think about him. He was quite unigue. Adam and Cain don't count. There were no prophets. If fact it was only them. . .and that is just off the top of my head. ))

2008/7/15 19:29

Re:

Quote:

rbanks wrote:
Abram had to have heard about the true and living God and responded to what he had heard.

Indeed, and it was by word of mouth hand-me-down from Adam to Noah and Noah who no doubt, kept records..

2008/7/15 19:31
dohzman

This subject is a really interesting one, I hope others will get involved in this thread because historically there are volumes of references to the ungodly hearing the voice of God, in some cases they were converted and in others they went to the extreme in wickedness. What has been so surprising to me in scripture is the constant and present activity of the voice of God to mankind. It appears in so many ways and He(God) imploys so many methods it's almost more than one can wrap thier mind around.

2008/7/15 19:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy