Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Starving Prayer Col. 1:3

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: ALEXANDER WHYTE

Quote:
I have not read anything from Alexander Whyte, I haven't heard of him. I will look into that.

Nor had I up until a couple of months back. Here is something that pastorfrin also brought forth that will get you going brother;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=20793&forum=34]LORD, TEACH US To Pray By ALEXANDER WHYTE[/url]

2008/7/13 23:25Profile
JoanM

Re: Starving Prayer Col. 1:3

My son, give me thy heart. Proverbs 23.26.
Be still and know that I am God. Psalms 46:10

Everyone here knows when God does not hear us and when our heart cry comes out of a wicked heart of unbelief. (Ex14: 15)

[u]Tell me the truth[/u], if in prayer God got a hold of your heart, if you really got a hold of Him, would you walk away after a few minutes? A few hours? What are we thinking like? Is prayer like a letter you write off and drop in some mail box, trusting that almost 100% of the time it will get there? What view of God is that?

Why is it so easy to scratch our heads about a Christian who has little interest in Bible study (to know what God has said), and then to pass this over when it comes to prayer?

"It is the Spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing." (Jno. 6:63.) How is it that we know there is an anointing in preaching and do not know that in prayer?

Let there be silence in every pulpit in the land, let every member pray and wait on You, Your presence. And those that don’t pray and wait, let them go home.

We who do not pray as we ought, as history clearly teaches, as testimony confirms, as Your Word teaches, [u]we are at fault[/u]. Your call to prayer was clear. Long ago. But we answer half heartedly, or we answer intermittently when some bible verse stirs us up, or some message preached or read, or when some report of history is noted, or some current news of greater out-rage comes to us. We do not persevere. Some other duty in the world calls us. Some good thing. Or worse. Our flesh calls us out of our closets. How many times have the heavens been stretched over us, weighted down like a great, spread-out sheet, bowed-down, strained to the point of bursting with the weight of rivers of living water from on high, and we did not pierce through with our cry. Have you seen that? We are at fault. If we cannot get through to You, get through to us. Pierce the heavens and come down.

Even the walking dead know and sing about it: “Sinner-man, you should have been a-praying.”

From Christian Fellowship Publishers Daily Devotional: “July 11th - The Lord My Portion by Watchman Nee Oh, God wants them to see that the Holy Spirit alone can wield the Sword of the Spirit (which is the word and truth of God)”. This is as true in prayer as it is in preaching. We are at fault.

Sorry. This touched me deeply last week and I know my sin in this. And today I see this thread. So…there it is. (Hello Pastorfrin)

2008/7/14 11:52Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Quote:
Tell me the truth, if in prayer God got a hold of your heart, if you really got a hold of Him, would you walk away after a few minutes? A few hours? What are we thinking like?

2 Tim. 3:1-4
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. [2] For men shall be lovers of their own selves,....[3]....[4]..... lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

:-(

2008/7/17 23:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy