SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : DANIEL NASH: PREVAILING PRINCE OF PRAYER

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re: Re. Daniel Nash

Dear Mrs Fred

You don't know how much I am touched when I read what you wrote! Thease days you hardly can't find people with your type of burden. The word travail itself is lost among us let alone the practice. I pray for you that it may abound in you until it overflowth and reach your generation. Please pray for me to be smitten with the same spirt and let's join hand to ease the heart of God form it's burden AMEN

Yours in Christ

Mekdes (Mrs)

2004/7/8 3:31Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi Mrs. Mekdes, welcome to the site!

Could not but help notice where you were writing from and must say that my spirit 'leaped' when I saw this. Sometimes it is easy for us to forget that this has gone out into all the world and believe this is the first time we have been blessed to hear from Ethiopia. Don't want to put you on the spot but would love to hear more about yourself and what is going on in your country.

Nontheless, so glad that you wrote and do let us know if we can be of any help.

Mike

2004/7/8 10:16Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hello Mrs. Mekdes once again.

I cannot help but share this.
I have been reading "Rees Howells, Intercessor" by Norman Grubb and just read the following:

Chapter 31

Ethiopia

Soon after the crisis of March 1936 came the fight for Ethiopia. It was hard and long, and seemed to end in dismal failure. As soon as it was apparent that Mussolini intended to invade the country, Mr. Howells and the College saw what lay behind it.

Ethiopia, through the influence of the Emperor, was opening in a new way to evangelical missions and there was a prospect of widespread evangelization in many areas. Mr. Howells realized that once again it was a campaign against the enemy in the Church of Rome, for if Italy captured the country it would be the end of the Protestant witness there.

The battle of intercession lasted for three weeks. "It was as if we were fighting in the country itself," said Mr. Howells. "We believed that God would not give Ethiopia to the Fascist dictator." The fight became fiercest when the Italian army began to get near the capitol, [b]Addis Ababa[/b]. The College journal for those days reported:

[i]April 24[/i] "Day of prayer and fasting (except for breakfast). Great burden as we pray for the Ethiopians. It gets really hard towards the evening and news in the paper is very serious. We are believing the Italians will not enter Addis Ababa."

[i]April 25[/i] "Four meetings of prayer. There is a big burden to be carried. We are believing that the Lord will intervene and give the Italians a setback."

[i]April 28[/i] "The burden is great. Many feel assured that the Italians will not enter Addis Ababa and the whole College is coming up to believe this big thing."

-----------

There is quite a few more entries and the outcome that followed and could type out the rest of it later if warranted. But just was amused (?) that I had never even heard of the capital of your country before this...and the "coincidence"...
:-)

2004/7/8 13:13Profile
revival9

Arizona, USA

Re: Hello Mrs. Mekdes!

{{{{Hello Sister!}}}}

(Those are email hugs)

Wow! Ethiopia!

Quote:
let's join hand to ease the heart of God form it's burden AMEN

AMEN and AMEN!!!

When do you pray? Would you, or anybody on this list, be willing to pray at a specified time(s?) for revival? Daily, or maybe once a week? With so many time zones it might not work. But then again, some of us are night owls :roll: so time zone differences might not matter.

Just a thought. Wow, I'm so excited to have met a sister in Ethiopia! I just announced this news to whoever's in the house right now (5 daughters ages 6 to 15).

The Internet... God will use it to unite many of us, for His Glory. Awesome!!

Much Love,
Mrs. Fred (Fred is my husband's first name)

2004/7/10 1:13Profile
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re: Reply From Mrs. Mekdes

Sorry Sis. for I delay in my answer I just happened not to see your reply save today!

We pray everyday at 5:00AM (eveining) in our time in your time it is round 4:00AM in the morning. Especially me and this other sister whom God yoked together to pray and be used for the end time revival or let's call it the "Latter Rain" everyday. Please let's Join hands I know these days God is making a chain all over the world among his true people and I praise God that I have a sister like you at the far end! God bless you and put his mark of identity on your forehead on this last days!

Amen

2004/8/5 4:07Profile
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re:

Hello Brother

Sorry for my dealy. Honestly I did't view what you wrote until today.

First let me start with my personal life. You don't know how much you site helped me! especially the Lectures on Rivival! It really brought me from death to life! You don't know how my heart goes out for sermonindex people! God bless you my prayers are always with you May God keep you until the end!

About Ethiopia! God is moving mightly but not on the stages but among those who worship him and know him in their closets! But the time is at hand that it will be reveled to the whole world! from Ethipia will come out salvation! "Can a good thing come out of Nazareth!" Yes brother God to put down the wisdom of the wise chose the nobodys of this world! We know that GOD IS RIGHTOUS! and everything befall on us because of us not because of him but now God is raising a generation who will over throw all the curse in this nation and be a salvation to the whole world! Pray for us brother! for we need you strongly! We really need you on our side for if you push us in your prayres for our breakthrouh it will be salvation not only for Ethiopia but for the whole world!

Yours in Chris
Mekdes

2004/8/5 4:17Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

This is an outtake of a response via PM to our dear friend in Ethiopia:

"Hi Mrs. Mekdes,

O no problem whatsoever!
I apologize for my slow response as well, I did see your reply in the forum earlier...sometimes there is just so much going on.

You have my prayers, I cannot really imagine what it must be like in your country, the issues and situations you all face. But we worship the same Awesome and Almighty God, who answers prayers and guides us all who put our trust in Him. I am just constantly amazed and ever so thankful for this medium of the internet, despite all of it's abuses. The ability to speak with brethren all over the world with such ease and speed...Phenominal!

With pleasure I will go on to post the remainder of the entries regarding Ethiopia from Rees Howells. If you feel so inclined would love to hear more about your country and the particular needs that we all can pray for.

Us Americans can get a bit to self absorbed in our country, forgetting that our brethren are everywhere.

And do let us know if we can be of any other help on the site or for information, resources, you name it, there is wealth of knowledge and wisdom amongst our members and they are all more than willing to help.

The Lord is good!"

By request she had asked for the remainder of the entries from Rees Howells regarding Ethiopia, to make it less confusing (since this is posted under the 'Praying Nash' thread) will post it under a new heading and cross link back to it here later.

Edit:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2764&forum=34]Rees Howells, excerpt: Ethiopia[/url]

2004/8/7 13:56Profile
kdbutton

Re:

"When do you pray? Would you, or anybody on this list, be willing to pray at a specified time(s?) for revival? Daily, or maybe once a week? With so many time zones it might not work. But then again, some of us are night owls so time zone differences might not matter."

We pray every Wednesday 6pm-7:30pm EST for revival and also every Sunday 9am - 10am EST and also once a month on third Saturdays 9am-11am EST

We are in upstate NY "Finney Country" and longing for revival to come such as has never been seen before.

RE: Ethiopia - I am very interested in praying for the revival of Ethiopia as my sponsered child's address is Addis Ababa.

Mrs. Mekdes, Please advise our intercessors how to better support you through our prayers.

2006/10/15 19:09Profile
Talkn2u

Re: DANIEL NASH: PREVAILING PRINCE OF PRAYER

This write up on Father Nash is Priceless and Powerful...makes me want to fall on my face and pray!!!

2007/3/9 22:19Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: DANIEL NASH: PREVAILING PRINCE OF PRAYER

This is such a great story of Daniel Nash. I love what is written on his tombstone: Pastor- Laborer with Finney- Mighty in Prayer.

What a great testimony even after death. If only you can have such a ministry today that the only thing that can be placed on your tombstone would be your accomplishments through Christ.

What a burden this dear brother had had.

I have read a small booklet on John "praying" Hyde, it was a great gem and to learn of the burden he had carried for that country, only to be taken home early in the prime of his life.

Was it a waste? By no means.

However, this article on Daniel Nash, is so extraordinary, how can we compare today?

I like what Leonard Ravenhill, wrote "God wrote the shortest biography about Elijah; He prayed".

God always has his pray-ers, even if we do not know whom or where they are. I believe that when the books are open at the great white throne, will we truly know the great warriors of the cross, that birthed us through prayer, agonized, wrestled with God and stormed the gates of Hell on their knee's.

2011/6/30 11:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy