SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : DVD set--- The Cross: Jesus in China

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
formidable

Perth, Australia

Re:

has any1 read "the heavenly man" i think it should be basic reading for all new christians as it shows that God can do anything he wants with our lives anything he is God but we dont like the doctrine or suffering anymore?
my prayer for my nation is persecution bring it Lord

2004/7/31 4:55Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

my prayer for my nation is persecution bring it Lord

Only a sadist would pray for persectuion to come upon the Church. Brother, this is simply the wrong attitude. I don't know where this idea has come that persecution is the answer for the Church. Besides that, why in the world would we be persecuted? Persecution only comes to the godly. For all who would live godly in Christ Jesus shall be persecuted. We have never been exhorted to pray for persecution, rather, we are to pray for peace.

2004/7/31 11:20Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Only a sadist would pray for persectuion to come upon the Church. Brother, this is simply the wrong attitude. I don't know where this idea has come that persecution is the answer for the Church.

hmm well I think me and Keith are so desperate for God to move and really bring about the true body of Christ to step forward and represent him, I agree Jimmy we shouldnt pray for persecution but we should live [b]so we are[/b] persecuted.

[b]2 Timothy 3:12[/b] - Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

2004/7/31 12:42Profile
Agent001

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

[b]KingJimmy,[/b]).

Quote:
Indeed. I have heard the same thing myself. Perhaps it would have been a little inappropriate in the DVD set to mention, but I think they should've mentioned it. The DVD almost makes it sound like all is well in the Chinese house. For the sake of balance, they should've shown that there are many heresies in China. It would not shock me if some of the folks they interviewed on the DVD held such views.

Your comment here is very perceptive. I have had fellowship with a number of Christian workers overseas who support the Chinese churches, many expressed concerns about the simplistic perspectives presented in the DVD.

The problem with heresies (which sometimes are growing [b]faster[/b] than Christian churches) was not mentioned. The "denominational" disputes among different Christian groups were not mentioned. General disputes concerning attitude towards official churches (some are quite orthodox despite having registered with government) were not mentioned.

Nevertheless, most of us agree that, this DVD is more promotional than informative--to raise the awareness of people who were originally not knowledgeable about the Chinese churches. To that end, they have succeeded. The fact that people from this forum have access to the DVD proved the point.

As for the people interviewed, they are mostly well-known among those who support Chinese ministries. There are some groups that might be considered problematic by some--some of the interviewees are a part of the Shouters group, which is affiliated to Witness Lee and the Local Churches. I think they are legitimate though I differ with them theologically, but some might take a harsher stance.
Quote:
But, I always thought the life of a missionary would be one full of great risks as it is?

Of course. My point was, we must do everything with wisdom, otherwise, many well-intentioned activities did not help the situation but only made it worse. We must have [i]zeal[/i], but we must do so according to true [i]knowledge[/i] (cf. Rom. 10:1-2

2004/8/4 10:16Profile
revival9

Arizona, USA

Re:

The Cross in European Languages

"The excellent documentary "The Cross - Jesus in China" was released in a European multi language version on August 31. This first multi language version consists of the following languages: Narration in English, German or French and subtitles in Dutch, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish. If you want to order a copy, please email info@btjsweden.org for more information."

--from the [url=http://www.btj.org.uk/]Back to Jerusalem Foundation, UK branch[/url]

2004/10/12 12:43Profile
revival9

Arizona, USA

Re: "Canaan Hymns" author Xiao Min wanted by Chinese authorities

From a China Aid report of Dec. 10th:

[i]..."At least three house churches at Fangcheng area were raided last week after Zhang’s arrest including the house of Ms. Xiao Min’s parents. Xiao Min has been wanted by the authority because her prolific writing of Chinese indigenous worship songs which is known as “Canaan Hymns”.[/i]

This woman's story is told on CD #4 of this set. Very touching. Many of the hymns are sung throughout the CDs, with English subtitles.

If you haven't gotten them yet, consider "The Cross--Jesus in China" for Christmas gifts or additions to your family's library.

Mrs. Fred

2004/12/16 17:17Profile
phebebird

San Pedro, California

Re:

Quote:
I think this can probably be seen especially in the fact that we are not sending any missionaries to China. I was shocked to learn that the Assemblies of God and the Church of God, two of the largest Pentecostal denominations in the world, do not have any missions program to China. Could it be the reason that formal denominations do not exist in China is because these denominations do not want to start a church unless they can put their sign on the front door?

Actually, King Jimmy, I can speak for the Assemblies of God that they DO have a fairly extensive missions group in China and have for many years. It is an entirely different incorporation with an entirely different, secular name. This is for security reasons and so that their missionaries can get into China at all. I was actually an Assemblies of God intern in Southern China for a summer with the missionaries there in 1996.

Most missions groups in China that I know of do something similar to this. Overseas Missionary Fellowship, YWAM, etc. This makes it a little difficult to figure out who goes to China and how you can get there as a missionary, but it serves its purpose. I have recently been looking into missions opps there and you have to get fairly involved before you figure out who they are associated with.

It is so great to hear all of this. I must get this DVD!! I have such a burden for China for so many years! I know that one day, in His time, He's going to send me there for good. I really have no idea why, and what He has for me to do, but it's something I've never been able to get away from...

Phebe

2005/1/1 0:03Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Actually, King Jimmy, I can speak for the Assemblies of God that they DO have a fairly extensive missions group in China and have for many years. It is an entirely different incorporation with an entirely different, secular name. This is for security reasons and so that their missionaries can get into China at all. I was actually an Assemblies of God intern in Southern China for a summer with the missionaries there in 1996.

I stand corrected :)

2005/1/1 9:41Profile
rookie

Re:

No matter where one goes there will be false religion. No matter where one goes there will be division. Satan will not rest. It is only by the love of the truth that we overcome. Listen to Brother Yun's thoughts on division.

"Once I took a train with various house church leaders to the southern city of Guangzhou, to recieve Bibles from our Western friends. After a day or two of fellowship we boarded the train again and headed home with our [b]precious gifts.[/b] We were so happy and full of love for one another.

However, after a few years these same mission organizations started putting [b]other books[/b] at the top of the bags of Bibles. These were books about one particular denomination's theology, or teaching that focused on certain aspects of God's Word.

[b]This, I believe, was the start of disunity among many of China's house churches.[/b]"

These booklets told us we must worship in a certain way, or that we must speak in tongues to be a true believer, or that only if we were baptized in Jesus' name (instead of in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) could we be saved. Other teachings focused on extreme faith, still others argued for or against the role of women in the church.

We read all these booklets and soon we were confused!"
page 233, The Heavenly Man.

Satan is the source of confusion, from where did the seed come?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/1/1 12:26Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: DVD set--- The Cross: Jesus in China

Hi everyone,

My wife and I just finished watching [i]The Bitter Cup[/i], the second of the three episodes in this documentary.

Instead of adding my own comments I think I'll just qoute something from the lead post:

[b][i]The faces of our Chinese brothers and sisters radiate with the glory of God[/i][/b]

Turn us God, turn us!

2006/11/24 20:46Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy