SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Heresy Hunters: Is This Discernment?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi again all,

Brothertom,

'"As much as you have done it unto these, the least of my brothers, You have done it unto me!"; Jesus speaking.'

This is a powerfull reminder!

And what a weighty thing then it must be to speak about someone else in a public way!

The Lord Jesus said,

[b][color=660000] I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him. [/color][/b]

- John 8:26(KJV)

This He said while He was teaching in the Temple(v20).

In the proverbs it says

"A hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbor: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered."

- Proverbs 11:9(KJV)

2008/6/7 13:49Profile

Re: Chris JD,,,,Shepherding is keeping my brother.

It is a powerful thing to speak of people in a public way, but absolutely necessary if Christians become allies with deceivers. All of the examples in the New Testament did it, beginning with John the Baptist, and Jesus, and Peter and Paul, and his admonitions to Titus and Timothy, including his counsel to all churches, and ending with John rebuke of Diotrophes as "loving the preeminence."...on and on..We are our Brother's keepers, and as a brother or sister, inherently undershepards of the Great Shepherd, Jesus of Nazareth.

To not do so in many cases would be sin, now wouldn't it? How would you propose to expose an apparent wolf such as Bentley, or his counselors? Telepathy? If we knew in our heart that a man was practicing a unscriptural and even a demonic ministry, and remained passive, would one have to act as if he did not know this, in order not to expose him? He would. This is the nature of hypocrisy; putting on one face while hiding your true face. I hope you understand this, and in no way practice this type of apathy, for it is sin.

Furthermore, not to do so would be similar to the sin of Cain, for Cain did not love his brother, nor felt that he was his keeper, or Shepherd.

You see, as a brother or sister who loves His children, as He does, we want to protect them, and the warnings must be in a specific way for our friends to understand. This involves naming the offender and sounding a clear trumpet call, for anything less[in most cases] would disqualify you as God's Shepherd.

2008/6/8 0:03
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi Brothertom,

Brothertom,

"It is a powerful thing to speak of people in a public way..."

I think the article in this thread is suggesting to us that we compare our lives to that of those who had authority and grace from God to publicly identify the errors of others, before we do so ourselves.

Maybe that is a good place to start: to see if we have the grace from God to speak about others, without destroying ourselves. Not just that we can see what is wrong, but that we can communicate it to others, without exposing ourselves to condemnation as well.

We are not writing here in private letters, to those who know us, but these things are open before the whole world.

Grace to you in Jesus' name.

Chris

2008/6/8 3:57Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"Simeon and Levi [i]are[/i] brethren; instruments of cruelty [i]are in[/i] their habitations."

- Genesis 49:5(KJV)

I wanted to share something here just for consideration and do not mean it to anyone in particular.

In Genesis 34, after Jacob speaks to Simeon and Levi about what they had done, they responded by appealing to the wrong that was done to their sister.

I was thinking how it may be possible that a lust for war and for violence is hidden in our measure of love.

Wish you all well,

Chris

2008/6/8 5:18Profile

Re: A flaming two edged Sword that we must fear...

In the garden, their was a flaming sword` placed there by the Lord , representing holiness, the character of God and His Love. This would slay any who would enter that were not of His nature, and, in essence, an act of compassion for those dwelling within the gates of Eden. God and his eternal Life were manifested there. So it is in Heaven.

"You mentioned a "lust for war and violence" as being a possible motive for naming and exposing corruption. I believe that this is an awesome point, and yes, we should search our hearts to prove that retaliation to obtain our own righteousness is not our motives in doing so.
Thank you for this insight, and it is important. The Pharisees constantly attacked Jesus with this attitude to maintain there position of power; to justify themselves, and murdered Jesus in their anger.

However, God's love ensures that His Heaven will never be defiled, also. Out of His awesome love for the redeemed, He must warrant the decree that all the murderers, unclean, liars, fornicators, and men who have the natures of wild dogs, stay outside of the gates of Heaven and New Jerusalem. What an awefull Heaven it would be, to be bound forever with a greedy and hateful tyrant, or a raging wolf preying on the pure and holy offspring of the Father for Eternity. It would be miserable, and would not be Heaven.

It is His LOVE for His own, that does exclude them, Hallelujah. All of His decrees are Mercy and truth, even the ones that condemn the wicked forever. It is in this spirit that the true shepherds act, to protect the lambs, while they are fed. We can speak in general terms concerning ideas and doctrines that corrupt, but when the corruption is manifested in a personality, we must identify that also, and all personalities have names, and must be identified as such. This is because we love the Body as He does. My thoughts, thanks,, Tom.

2008/6/8 7:41
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: A flaming two edged Sword that we must fear...

Hi Brothertom,

I don't think the way we talk about the sword is any indication that we fear it.

It would seem strange to think that those who feared the word of the Lord to Moses were found close and often to the border of the mountain that burned with fire.

Chris

2008/6/9 4:26Profile

Re: Gideon Slew.

Jesus said:" Fear not Them who kill the body,[persecutors], but fear Him who after killing the body casts the soul into eternal fire."

He was talking about Himself. He said also, "That many will call me Lord in that day, saying Lord, Lord, did we not do many miracles in your name, and many mighty works! I will say depart from me , you workers in sinfulness, [b]I never knew you![/b]

My point is that the condemnation of the unjust is not always a "lust for war and violence" from the carnal Christians who may expose them, but often the hand of righteous love and protection from God Himself; Thereby the flaming Sword at Eden's gate.

Of course the [i]way[/i] we talk about Jesus is no indicator that we love Him, or fear Him, but this in no way diminishes the truth of the Lord's mandate of Holy protection. There is yet a flaming Sword, and there is yet a raging war circling around it, and yes, thank God, there is yet men called and anointed to display it. These are men [and women] like David, who have a heart that follows after Him, and , whether we see it or not, it is also a life of War, as much as it is a life of Worship.

When the Lord Spoke Himself from the mountain, the Israelites trembled and shook in Extreme terror, and begged Moses to ask the Lord to Stop. The Holiness within His speech was life and death, and divided their very souls and spirits. The command was to slay anyone who neared the mountain.

The tent of meeting was the place that some of the righteous seekers came, such as Joshua and Caleb. The Lord had concealed Himself within the Holy of Holies, so that man did not have to die when in His Presence, as on the mount. This mercy was atoned by blood sacrifice.

The ministry often is one of confrontation of Evil as the means to cover the young in a light of saftey and holiness, This is not heresy hunting, for the sake of our own platforms, vengence, or pride of self righteousness, but the mandate to carry His one and the same heart, as a faithful Father, brother, or sister would do,[b]as we carry His heart and follow after it[/b] with all of our strength.

The Sword of the Lord, [i]and of Gideon![/i].

2008/6/9 10:15
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." (1Samuel 16:7)

"Judge not that ye be not judged" (Matthew 7:1)

"Judge not according to the appearance but judge righteous judgement" (John 7:24)

"But he that is spritual judges all things" (1Cor.2:15)

From the above scriptures it can be seen that there is a right way and a wrong way of judging or discerning.

There is a basic difference in someone that is in error or deceived, and someone that is a deceiver or a wolf.

The heart of a man can be right toward God but he can still be wrong in some areas of his beliefs or actions. This is why we need true spiritual discernment so we are not just judging what is on the outside, but we are seeing things the way that the Lord sees them. The Pharisees did all the right things, but did them with the wrong motives. Their hearts were not right with God. God is looking at the heart and the motives of a man, whereas the carnal Christian will judge a man by what he sees on the outside.

The problem with heresy hunters is that they judge after the flesh. They lump men in categories according to their associations with different streams of Christianity.

Not all of the faith teachers are false teachers, as the heresy hunters often point out. Not all of the men that were involved in various movements that the heresey hunters deemed as being counterfeits are false prophets.

The heresey hunters themselves lack discernment because they are not judging according to God's standard of judgment.

In His Love,
Mike

2008/6/9 12:46Profile
Thommy2

Wisconsin

Re:

"There is a basic difference in someone that is in error or deceived, and someone that is a deceiver or a wolf. "

This is only true to a point. And the line needs to be drawn and never comprimised.
Some people may have different views on the effectual calling of God or the millenium reign or (see thread on rap) even music styles. This could just be people in error and their heart is focused on our redeemer. But then you have people like Joel Osteen, Brian Mclaren, or Creflo Dollar who are WOLVES. People will defend them and say "you don't know their hearts" But the mouth is a reflection of a mans heart. If these men are constantly speaking unbiblically, heresy, or just obsurd nonsense, all which comprimise the True Jesus..they have abandoned the Lord. They have exchanged the truth of the Lord for a lie. When pastors are authoritatively stating abosolute heresy (not a gray line or even a questionable moral issue)or using the name of Jesus to further lies...they are wolves and need to be pointed out as such.
Bro love can be tough and hard. But read how the Lord treats His elect who neglect His revelation for a lie...Lamentations can be hard to swallow (by that I mean WOW were the Jews disciplined)but the Lords mercies are new every morning. And before God judged He spoke through a man

2008/6/9 13:50Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone,

Hi BrotherTom,

"There is yet a flaming Sword, and there is yet a raging war circling around it, and yes, thank God, there is yet men called and anointed to display it."

In Revelation 2:12, it is the Lord Jesus Christ that has the sharp two-eged sword.

And the Lord Jesus said

[b][color=660000] He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him. [/color][/b]

- John 7:18(KJV)

How about you?

2008/6/9 18:03Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy