SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : LIVE EVENTS: Monday, May 19th: 9pm - 10pm EST - Gareth Evans

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
JoanM

Re: live problem

off air 6:32
never had chat room

2008/5/19 21:37Profile
JoanM

Re:

Can see attempting to reconnect chat flash

Prayer now

2008/5/19 21:41Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Here is a transcription of the event:

06:15 roniya : did we lose the volume?
06:16 roniya : is it just me?
06:16 preachparsly : I have volume. It's a little quiet.
06:16 ustreamer-48891 : what happened? Volume gone and frozen.
06:16 preachparsly : Yeah, it's frozen here too.
06:16 ustreamer-23636 : still freezing up on me. volume o.k. when it isn't freezing.
06:16 Rebecca_LF : I can hear bnot here
06:16 roniya : video works but no volume
06:17 Rebecca_LF : I have volume
06:18 ustreamer-48891 : still frozen and no sound.
06:19 roniya : ok Rebecca, give us a transcript! I'm sure it's really good!
06:19 preachparsly : I have both at the moment. If it stays that way I would exit and reenter
06:19 roniya : ok, I'll try that.
06:19 sermonindex : I am asking Gareth to lower the quality of the audio and video
06:19 roniya : now I have volume!
06:20 sermonindex : It is not skipping barely for me now.
06:20 sermonindex : how is it for others?
06:20 roniya : much better
06:20 preachparsly : It's smooth for me after I exited and reentered.
06:20 ustreamer-23636 : I'm going to try that.
06:20 ustreamer-48891 : I'm still frozen and no sound. Think I will do the same - exit and reenter.
06:22 ustreamer-79006 : yes, working much better now, not as many breaks
06:22 Rebecca_LF : good
06:22 sermonindex : :) its much better
06:22 sermonindex : thank you for your patience saints. This is the first time having Gareth do this so there are things to learn from these sessions.
06:23 ustreamer-28 : I'm better - have volume and the freezing is not so often.
06:23 Rebecca_LF : this is typical for ustream
06:24 ustreamer-36145 : much better now
06:24 sermonindex : Yes.
06:28 sermonindex : Amen. May we overcome the roar of the lion.
06:29 sermonindex : The devil only has power that God gives him.
06:29 roniya : amen
06:30 preachparsly : I once heard a preacher say "the devil goes about AS a lion while Jesus IS the lion of the tribe of Judah."
06:31 sermonindex : Amen. May we all be overcomers in these last days
06:31 InTheLight : by the blood of the Lamb
06:32 sermonindex : the next 3 weeks gareth will be speaking on the tactics of satan.
06:32 preachparsly : Same time, same place?
06:32 sermonindex : Yes.
06:32 sermonindex : I will be posting the full schedule on sermonindex.net
06:33 InTheLight : did anyone take notes? I came in late
06:33 sermonindex : We will work out all the bugs and have it working more seamelessly for next time.
06:33 roniya : he started out with his testimony
06:33 InTheLight : i'm sorry i missed that
06:35 ustreamer-36145 : I missed a lot because of the freezing, but next tme...
06:35 roniya : then he talked about Moses in the wilderness (I missed it here and there also due to the freezing)
06:35 sermonindex-2 : Hi Greg, what was the matter with the streaming?
06:35 sermonindex : Yes, that was unforunate but we will have it worked out for next time.
06:35 preachparsly : Is the audio or video recorded?
06:36 sermonindex : Yes, we will need to test with gareth this week and lower the audio and video output levels. his internet connection could not handle the "upstream"
06:36 preachparsly : Yeah, that makes sense.
06:36 sermonindex : No, sorry we did not record the video. I still need to beta test that feature.
06:37 preachparsly : No problem, I was just curious.
06:37 roniya : what I did hear was really good and I'm looking forward to the next session, Lord willing. Thank you, brother Gareth for sharing!!!
06:38 InTheLight : yes, thank him for us Greg
06:39 sermonindex : I will, the parts I caught were very good.

====

Here is a screenshot of the webcast:

[b]live screen shot[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/revival/garethlive1.jpg

2008/5/19 21:42Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Can see attempting to reconnect chat flash

You will need the latest version of flash but the webcast is over now. Check the schedule for later webcasts.

2008/5/19 21:45Profile
JoanM

Re:

reviewed chat recorded. IntheLight asked about notes. I have notes from beginning to his reference to 7 letters in Rev. "to him that overcomes I will give." when stream stopped. Can post or send when typed.

2008/5/19 21:55Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
reviewed chat recorded. IntheLight asked about notes. I have notes from beginning to his reference to 7 letters in Rev. "to him that overcomes I will give." when stream stopped. Can post or send when typed.

Yes. Please post it here in this thread.

2008/5/20 1:00Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Here is the transcript taken:

May 19, 2008 Note from the Bible study with Gareth Evans {live web on Sermoninex.net)

Began with testimony and related it to 1 John 2:13-14:

13 I write unto you , fathers , because ye have known him that is from the beginning . I write unto you , young men , because ye have overcome the wicked one . I write unto you , little children , because ye have known the Father .
14 I have written unto you , fathers , because ye have known him that is from the beginning . I have written unto you , young men , because ye are strong , and the word of God abideth in you , and ye have overcome the wicked one .

The phases of coming to know God applies to all believers.

CHILDREN

Testimony: in Wales, Asked multiple times by woman “What will you do with the Lord Jesus? Avoided her. Attending a different service, man known to him asks the question he had been avoiding. In simple, childlike way He knew Christ was resurrected, living. Recalled making goals in sports and saying, this goal is for you (mother?). Hope you are pleased. Similar approach, prayed, “If real…take sin…sang Come into my heart” over and over again. All he knew to do. After that knew Him as and called Him Father, knew sins were forgiven. “I write unto you , little children , because ye have known the Father .”

Ex. 33:12-17 focusing on knowing God and God knowing us by mane

12 And Moses said unto the LORD , See , thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people : and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said , I know thee by name , and thou hast also found grace in my sight .

13 Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight , shew me now thy way , that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight : and consider that this nation is thy people .
17 And the LORD said unto Moses , I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken : for thou hast found grace in my sight , and I know thee by name .

God knows Moses by name. He will reveal His name (glory) to Moses

The meaning in names:

§ Cain: Spear, kill, servant
§ Able: Vanity
§ Application: What name does God know me by?

YOUNG MEN

Little children know God as Father. Young men: overcome the wicked one; ye are strong , and the word of God abideth in you , and ye have overcome the wicked one. Jesus defeated Satan. Now it (the battle) is between Satan and me. But greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.

Recognize Satan

2 Cor.11 (sic.3?): being quick to forgive so Satan takes no advantage. He has no power but the power we give.

1 Peter 5: as a roaring lion. Though he doesn’t have experience with lions, he’s seen his cat quietly creeping up on prey, no noise. How can a cat catch something if it roars?

The roar affects emotions. Examples

§ Embarrassment at poor singing performance missed high note, resulting in not singing again when God has called you/gifted you to witness through singing.
§ Doubt an emotion, fear you will fail at leading so you don’t lead
§ Anger: You’re offended and hurt, had a right to be angry and to let the know how you feel
§ Smoke: You fall or slip again and say God can’t use you.

Understand who this came from and not allow a roar to stop your service, to hinder you.

Recall when Timorous and Mistrust (in Pilgrim’s Progress) did not want to go into the Castle because of the lions. Bunyan hears them roar, but coming closer he sees the mental collar around their neck and that they are chained to the castle rock. Bunyan finds that they cannot touch him, not even with their claw swipes, if he walks a very narrow straight path between them. They just roar.

Why? That we learn to overcome the wicked one. This is the intense training of a soldier, hardened to battle. So, Peter (James) says count it all joy, these trials, we learn t overcome the wicked one. See that in each letter to the seven churches, He says, “to he that overcometh I will give...” Program went off air to me after 32 minutes.

2008/5/20 3:36Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:

Thank you!

2008/5/20 10:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy