SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Personal Election (not corporate)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Bog wrote:

"""I am not sure if I am misunderstanding you here but I would like to make one point.

Romans 8:16
The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God.

The Holy Spirit is not our spirit. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God who testifies WITH our spirit. These are not the Self-same Spirit.

Just wanted to mention this so there wouldn't be any mistaking that God's Spirit has not become our very own spirit. But rather, His Spirit with our spirit seated in Heavenly Places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)."""

I was not saying the Holy Spirit is our Spirit, I was saying the the Spirit of Christ is our Spirit.

The Holy Spirit does His work in our soul-mind, that is why Jesus Prayed the Father that He would send us the Comforter and He would bring to MIND all that Jesus says.

The Holy Spirit does not speak of Himself to us, He only speaks of what Jesus Gives Him to say.

The Spirit of Christ who is our Spirit now, the spirit of Satan out and the Spirit of Christ in.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.

The Holy Spirit Comforter:

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Joh 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Also in you:

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then, with the mind I my self serve the Law of God: but with the flesh, the law of sin.

"The mind the flesh and the devil.

Why do we serve the Law of God with the mind?
It is the Holy Spirit that give us the teaching of Jesus Christ and the willingness to obey the teachings of Christ who is the Word, now our Spirit and life in Him, that we might serve God our Father by His Son that He has birthed in us.

Romans 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The Spirit of Christ In us, which without we are none of His.

The Holy Spirit in us:

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
The Comforter, Teacher, The Holy Spirit with Power, come at Pentecost.

Philippians 3:14-16 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

Sorry, I will try to make things more clear.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/6/9 19:23Profile
bonni

montana usa

Re: sinless perfection

Dear Clinstone,

In Romans it says, "therefore as by the offense of one judgement came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

I love all of the scriptures that you quoted, I truly believe that God's grace gives the power to live an obedient life. He has freed us so that we can walk in obedience. But that obedience does not mean "sinless perfection" in this life. I am afraid that that would be heresy. The psalmist said "as for me I will be satisfied when I awake in His likeness". As long as we are consistently walking in obedience, and quick to repent of any wrong thought,deed or motive, then we can have a clear concience before God. If we do sin we have an advocate with the Father... I am so thankful for Christ ,so thankful for His Spirit. He is the one who does the sanctifying, but we have to do the thing He says which is "Abide In Me" Then we will bear much fruit, and herein is my Father glorified. It is a process of being changed from glory to glory as we behold the face of Jesus.

Holliness is Christlikeness - Fullstop!

Blessings bonni

2008/6/10 1:38Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
Christinyou wrote:

I was not saying the Holy Spirit is our Spirit, I was saying the the Spirit of Christ is our Spirit.

How is the Spirit of Christ any different than the Holy Spirit?
What is " the Spirit of Christ" if it ain't the Holy Spirit Himself?

Quote:
The Holy Spirit does His work in our soul-mind, that is why Jesus Prayed the Father that He would send us the Comforter and He would bring to MIND all that Jesus says.

How is the "soul mind" any different than the "mind" its self?

With all your new age theology terms, no one can tell what your talking about

Quote:
The Holy Spirit does not speak of Himself to us, He only speaks of what Jesus Gives Him to say.

The Spirit of Christ who is our Spirit now, the spirit of Satan out and the Spirit of Christ in.

Are you saying that all who aren't saved are possessed with Satan?
That is what you just said.

Quote:
Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

The law of sin & death are not one law.
There is no law of "sin & death"
The best internation is:
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin
[b]&[/b]
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the death

Quote:
Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then, with the mind I my self serve the Law of God: but with the flesh, the law of sin.

"The mind the flesh and the devil.

It does not say "the devil", it says the "law of sin"
The "law of sin" is The ''law of sin'' is the demands of our own fleshly desires & effections against known law that bring me in opposition to God which separates us from Him.
The ''law of sin'' includes the inability of the flesh & our own fleshly desires apart from the Spirit & faith in HIM.

Quote:
Why do we serve the Law of God with the mind?

Because it is the only way. No one can serve the law of God any other way.

Quote:
It is the Holy Spirit that give us the teaching of Jesus Christ and the willingness to obey the teachings of Christ who is the Word, now our Spirit and life in Him, that we might serve God our Father by His Son that He has birthed in us.

The "willingness to obey" is because we love Him.
There is no other reason that we obey.

Quote:
The Spirit of Christ In us, which without we are none of His.

The Holy Spirit & the Spirit of Christ is one & the same, do not separate them.

2008/6/10 12:00Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

someday we will not sin, sin is only a choice it is not constitutional. any thing that is involuntary ,like our physical bodies ,is not sinful nor have anything to do with sin , my argument is with the misinterpretation of 1john 1:8 that if we say we have no sin we are liars and the love of God is not in us . should be interpreted to say and mean that, if we say we are not liable, or free to choose to sin, then we are liars, i have studied much on this line and i know my business when it comes to this teaching on sactification entire in this life spirit, soul and body. be ye perfect ... our father says and commands . sin is not anything constitutional charles finney ,in his systematic theology clears this up best.

2008/6/10 18:33Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

hello bonni thank you for recognizing good news the good news is that Jesus ' blood is most efficient to remove all sin from us in this life now . all sin spirit soul and body preserved blameless , the bible nowhere says we will have sin until we die and yet that is exactly what's inferred when people say that we cannot as christians have sinless perfection now in this life. sinless perfection is exactly what faith in God will do all we need to do is obey all that we know and we are sinlessly perfect. sanctification is spoken of 2 ways ,in the bible short term and long term . hence repentance and forgivness yet as we put on Christ more the easier it is to know freedom from sin and how to escape every temptation . sinless perfection is attianable and that is not heresy.

2008/6/10 19:06Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

miccah i only included you in my post because you put a ? mark regarding my first post about my dipute with the comment that all people are sinners when we are born. i realize i butted in the middle of some discussion that i was not fully aware of in this , and i did not mean for you to think i was rebuking you in any of what i said , only those who hold to the idea that all are sinners and all will be as long as we physically live, that is not what the gospel is about . i am sorry for not being clearer in my original post .most minister that are full time ministers evn teach that sin is something constitutional that we as christians cannot get rid of until we die and that is not what the bible teaches most misinterpret 1john , romans7 and phillipians 3, thanks for posting to my and letting me know how you thought about it sorry for the offence.

2008/6/10 19:26Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Jesus is no longer subject to be in the flesh, with mortal limitation. He is in His own resurrection power, which He said, "I have the power to lay down my life and take it again". John 10: 17,18.

Now at this time in coming again in mortal human flesh on this earth, His character and resurrection power, He being God before the foundation of the world and His Oneness with the Father and the Holy Spirit and He maintaining this power has kept His promise in the coming again in the quickened flesh, spirit and baptizing the soul into the Holy Spirit of the ones that the Father has given Him.

If He had not maintained this creation and resurrection power, which was His Spirit; pneuma
Not the psuche That died on the Cross, all creation would have crumbled and died. On the Cross The Holy Spirit or the Father were at the end not with Jesus, for He said, "Father why have you forsaken me: He was alone and He alone hang on the Cross that He might be the first among many that would be son's of God because of the Obedience of Christ to the Father. The Holy Spirit was not on the Cross, Jesus alone said, "It is finished".

In Obedience to the same power of laying down His own life and able to take it up again displayed in His own resurrection, the calling of Lazarus come forth. All the dead would have come forth if He had not called the name Lazarus. Power beyond our understanding. Rev 1:18 Col 1:17&18

How ever now by His resurrection power He has reconciled all things unto Himself, by His Cross. Col 1:20

In His body, that is the, "Body of Christ His Church" and "individuals thereof," He has retained human limitations, by being born again in those the Father has given Him, and exercises His omniscience and presence on earth through mortal humans, making them son's of God, through His Body the Church. Eph 1:22&23

Jesus did not promise all those when He prayed, that He would be everywhere, as the Holy Spirit is, after Pentecost, convicting of sin and sealing those the Father has given the Son. Jesus said, He only lost one, "Judas" and that to fulfill scriptures. John 17:12 Praise God there was only one. The promise and prayer of Jesus was secure, He would be with and in those the Father gave Him. This is our Glory; Col 1:27&28.

He promised He would be with us always, our life and our all in all. He also promised the Holy Spirit sent by the Father as "another Comforter".

Then He says, "John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless : I will come to you .

This word comfortless, means; orphans, fatherless, it has nothing to do with, "another Comforter", "I will not leave you", He is the only one that can be the Incorruptable Seed born again in us that can make God our "Father" and us not orphans. Then the Holy Spirit seals that Seed In us and we will always be with the Lord. Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Jesus now in being seated with and in the eternal Father again, is manifesting His presence in His people the Body of Christ His Church. In whom He has baptized us into the Holy Spirit, Teacher, "another Comforter", who applies the truth and manifests the teaching of Christ in whom we have "The Mind of Christ", renewing it by the truth and power of the Holy Spirit, where He works, the psuche the now eternal rational mortal soul of the believer our minds in whom the Mind of Christ is in the believer.

The Father, Son and Holy Spirit, One God eternal in the God Head, different in Manifestation and and application to bring forth the children that God intended before the foundation of the World.
By His perfect Plan.

In Application and Manifestation the Holy Spirit in Not Jesus Christ, or The Father the Son.

Ephesians 1:3-13 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

The God Heads Plan which was planned before the foundation of the World, to be son's in the Father's House. What are son's in harmony with Fathers? The Seed, The Nature, which cannot be changed. Birthed by God the Father to be son's of the living God by the Nature of His only begotten Son He has put that perfect Seed in the believer.

Ye must be Born Again.

2008/6/10 21:42Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

I believe the article "The Balance Between Human Logic and God’s Logic", may shed light into this discussion. It is [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23974&forum=35]here[/url]

2008/6/11 18:51Profile
boG

Las Vegas, NV

Re:

Quote:
sin is not anything constitutional charles finney ,in his systematic theology clears this up best.

Charles Finney's Systematic Theology is probably really good, but certainly looks like a lot of reading :P

Quote:
Jesus alone said, "It is finished".

Jesus also said, John 5:19, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner."

Does this Scripture not "in like manner" apply to Jesus saying "it is finished" and dying on a cross? It certainly does. But before you accuse me of saying anything weird, "in like manner" does not mean "the exact same manner". Just as the OT Temple was made "in like manner" to the Heavenly Temple.

Quote:
and baptizing the soul into the Holy Spirit

This statement will not be true for "the ones that the Father has given Him" until we are caught up and changed in an instant at the 2nd coming of Christ. As it is, in time, only the spirit of a man is able to be baptized into the Holy Spirit. Hence, the distinction Paul gives concerning praying:

1 Corinthians 14
14. For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful.

The spirit of a man may be praying "fervently in the Holy Ghost", either with groanings too deep for words or with utterances, using the tongue, by which the soul profits nothing; because it understands nothing being prayed by the Spirit through the spirit. Unless there is given an Interpretation of Tongues.

Therefore, "I will pray with the spirit and I will pray with the mind also; I will sing with the spirit and I will sing with the mind also."

And likewise, the distinction given in Revelations concerning the new heavens and the new earth where there shall be the casting off of the natural lights of heaven (sun, moon, stars) in the "outer courts of the temple" being comparative to the natural flesh of man, the mind of the flesh. And the casting out of the lamp (or candlestick) in the "inner court of the temple" being comparative to the sanctified mind, that is the "eyes" of the soul fixed on Christ. For Christ Himself shall be the Light of body, soul, and spirit - "for [then] we shall be like Him".

Quote:
All the dead would have come forth if He had not called the name Lazarus.

Um, no. If all Jesus said was "come forth" it still would have been only Lazarus because Lazarus was the specific subject of the prayer.

Or, shall we also say the woman with the issue of blood (Luke 8:43) could not be healed unless Jesus also called her by name as well? We read, He was not even aware who had touched Him.

You are limiting the working of God by the expounding and multiplying of words with the mouth. Shall Jesus rather have said "Lazarus of Bethany, the village of Mary and her sister Martha -- Lazarus the son of *person*, who was born *DoB*, and Social Security *number*, etc. ... come forth!" Or perhaps, shall we understand that every "Lazarus" in the world, who was dead, rose up from their graves too?

Quote:
Jesus did not promise all those when He prayed, that He would be everywhere, as the Holy Spirit is.

Um, no. You are saying that Jesus is not God, if you believe that Jesus, the Son, is not Omnipresent as the Holy Spirit and the Father are.

Quote:
Jesus said, He only lost one, "Judas" and that to fulfill scriptures.

Are you implying that there has never been even a second lost?

If this were true then what of
[b]Hebrews 6[/b]
4. For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit,
5. and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,
6. and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.

Common sense dictates Paul said this is important to know because this can happen.

Quote:
Then the Holy Spirit seals that Seed In us and we will always be with the Lord.

This is not accurate either. The Holy Spirit is given as the "seal" or "marking" or "evidence", we might say, that the Seed of Christ is in us. For again, the Holy Spirit is also so named the "Spirit of Jesus Christ". The Holy Spirit gives no certainty of an "eternal seal" as you have described it. But rather, 1 John 3:3, And every man that hath [b]this hope in him[/b] purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Hence, such Scripture as the following:
2 Peter 1
10. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence [b]to make your calling and [u]election[/u] SURE[/b]: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
11. For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Quote:
Then He says, "John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless : I will come to you .

This word comfortless, means; orphans, fatherless, it has nothing to do with, "another Comforter"

How exactly did you come to this strange conclusion? Sometimes I wonder where you come up with this stuff. Is this something you received through diligent and prayerful study of the Bible or did you copy this off some textbook or website?

Quote:
John 14:16
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever.

That "he may abide with you for ever", is this "he" indicating the Father or the Holy Spirit? Grammar would imply that "he" is referring to the Father, but let us not jump to conclusions.

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I (Jesus Christ) stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, [b]I will come in to him[/b] and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Or, back to [b]John 14, two verses after where you have quoted[/b],
20. "In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, [b]and I in you[/b].

And again, "that I am in My Father, and you in Me", as the Scripture declares we are "hid in Christ in God [the Father]".

We all agree the Holy Spirit is said to be in us. But do I also need to list more Scripture that says "the Son is in you" and "the Father is in you" and "the Holy Spirit is in you"? I can do that if it would help.

Quote:
In whom He has baptized us into the Holy Spirit

"In whom" is referencing to what now? I didn't quite catch what the object of this "whom" was.

Quote:
the Holy Spirit, Teacher, "another Comforter", who applies the truth and manifests the teaching of Christ in whom we have "The Mind of Christ", renewing it by the truth and power of the Holy Spirit, where He works, the psuche the now eternal rational mortal soul of the believer our minds in whom the Mind of Christ is in the believer.

This phrase, "the psuche the now eternal rational mortal soul of the believer our minds in whom the Mind of Christ is in the believer", is bizarre in the extreme.

Honestly, this whole paragraph is mind-boggling. First off, "eternal" and "mortal" are contradictory terms. There is a lot more I could say about this paragraph but I will refrain for reasons of confusion.

I am not certain what you are implying by this phrase "The Mind of Christ". However, apart from whatever you are intending to say, I would like to give Scripture to see that this phrase is understood for what it truly is.

Philippians 2:5
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: [ ... and read the rest of the chapter, specifically noting verse 12, "So then," because of what he just said about Jesus ]

1 Peter 4:1
Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin.

And likewise, Proverb 9:10, the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Well, what is the fear of the Lord? The fear of the LORD is to hate evil (Proverb 8:8). And knowledge of the Holy One is eternal life (John 17:3, 2 Peter 1:8).

Quote:
the God Head, different in Manifestation and application

Quote:
In Application and Manifestation the Holy Spirit in Not Jesus Christ, or The Father the Son.

Differing in "manifestation" perhaps to the eyes of men, but certainly not differing in "application". For (one of many) a fact that the Father raised Jesus from the dead, Jesus raised Himself from the dead, and the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead. All Three working in One to the Same Application.

To state that the "Application" of Jesus was different than the Father's or the Spirit's is simply un-Scriptural and bizarre. From the Beginning to the End, the Godhead is in total Unity and Order for the same purpose in all things.

In terms of "manifestation", John 14:9, "He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, `Show us the Father'?"

John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God, and God was the Word."

the Word was
the Word was [b]with[/b] God
the Word [b]was[/b] God

The Trinity is, one of those Biblical doctrines I will indeed call, a Mystery. Some of the confusion you have written in your thread stems out of human conceptions of "defining" the Trinity as though He were Three distinct and seperate Entities.

For all "Application and Manifestation" the Lord our God is One Lord. Yet, God Himself refers to Himself as Three Persons in One: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. In all my studies and reading, specifically on the Trinity, there is only one conclusion with any substance: "the Godhead, Three in One."

Which is strange to rationalize because we can refer specifically to the Father, or specifically to the Son, or specifically to the Spirit, yet each One is referred to through the Others.

We can't seperate One from the Three without denying the other Two as God. Not only this but you would be propagating Mormon and Jehovah's Witness doctrine of the Godhead being "many gods". Likewise, we can't make Three as a singular One without contradicting what is plainly revealed in Scripture.

2008/6/12 3:25Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

Romans 15:28 When therefore I have performed this, and have sealed to them this fruit, I will come by you into Spain.

2 Corinthians 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

How long are we sealed?

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Who's body are we baptized into?

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.

But let readers observe here, that the Spirit is, without any distinction, called sometimes the Spirit of God the Father, and sometimes the Spirit of Christ; and thus called, not only because his whole fulness was poured on Christ as our Mediator and head, so that from him a portion might descend on each of us, but also because he is equally the Spirit of the Father and of the Son, who have one essence, and the same eternal divinity. As, however, we have no intercourse with God except through Christ, the Apostle wisely descends to Christ from the Father, who seems to be far off:

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you.

"Because I live, you shall live also".

John 14:19-20 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

The Spirit of Christ in you, taught by the endwelling Spirit Comforter of whom He will not speak of Himself but of Christ and what He says.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

What does He hear? John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Who is the we?

Who is the I?

John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Abide in who?

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Why does the Comforter if He is Christ, not testify of Himself.

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

If Christ is the Holy Spirit, why did Jesus have to go away, why did He not just stay and become the Holy Spirit?

John 16:13-14 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

How can Jesus Christ be the Holy Spirit of Truth?

In Essence of the God Head, Yes. In application and manifestation in the believer, No.

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

This fulfills the word of God. "Christ in you", not the Holy Spirit of promise that is the Teacher of this fulfillment.

Colossians 1:25-28 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

We are sons', We are not Jesus Christ, We have the Son in us, We have the Holy Spirit in us, We even have the Father living with us. We are all One in the total of who God is but separate in form and manifestation. We are not any of the Godhead by individuals but we do have different applications of who we are in making the fulness of Godhead. I am not Jesus, Jesus is not the Father, The Holy Spirit is not Jesus Christ, but we are One and in Him, Jesus Christ we are all in all.

2008/6/14 0:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy