Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Born Again Catholics

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Born Again Catholics

A man who i did not intend to see was a gangster who said he had a personal relationship with Jesus!
It brought it out of his Gangster lifestyle through the love of Jesus! Through Gods Love, the reason my mind.
He said that he used to be around Mother Terasa, I do believe that Catholic people can be born again!
I am just struggling with this issue as I am anti against what they believe!

2008/5/6 10:17Profile

Re: Born Again Catholics

Quote:
He said that he used to be around Mother Terasa, I do believe that Catholic people can be born again!

It goes without saying they can be saved, just like this former foul mouthed, hard drinking, hell raising, womanizing Marine was saved.

Quote:

If anyone holds to the Catholic Church's teachings on salvation... then they are not saved. Period.

They are not saved thru the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. They are saved in spite of the hellish, demonic teachings of that false religion. And they may not come out immediately. But I believe that if they are truly born again, and they are learning the Word of God and growing in Christ... that the Holy Spirit will reveal the truth to them, and they will come out of the RCC.

There are those who say some stay in in order to bring change to that false religion, but there is absolutely NO mandate in scripture for such a thing. That also goes for any other apostate church. Scripture says to come out and be ye seperate. That applies to the world and apostate churches, and especially false religions.

So yes, Catholics can certainly get saved... and as babies in Christ may remain for a season... but if they are truly saved, they will grow and mature... and as they grow and mature I believe they will come to a point where they will come out of that hellish "church".

Krispy

2008/5/6 10:26

Re: Born Again Catholics

Quote:

deltadom wrote:
A man who i did not intend to see was a gangster who said he had a personal relationship with Jesus!
It brought it out of his Gangster lifestyle through the love of Jesus! Through Gods Love, the reason my mind.

If a Catholic is truly saved, then they are no longer a Catholic, but born again saved [b] Christian[/b] and former Catholic and count it for DUNG.
Paul was a Pharisee too once and hear is what he said.

Phil 3:5-13

5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
KJV

2008/5/6 10:51
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Quote:
If anyone holds to the Catholic Church's teachings on salvation... then they are not saved. Period.

thats what I thought,I am still struggling with it because he said that he had a personal relationship with Jesus!

I know if he is truly saved he would get out of the Catholic Church because I have read truth twisters and know their teaching on Hell, Heaven, ABout the Pope and such like.
I have been actually trying to convert one of my collegues in the christian bookshop from Catholism as she does not believe that jesus dying on the cross saves us from our sins!

2008/5/6 11:13Profile

Re:

Quote:
thats what I thought,I am still struggling with it because he said that he had a personal relationship with Jesus!

And a Mormon will tell you the same thing, as will a Jehovah's Witness.

Quote:
I have been actually trying to convert one of my collegues in the christian bookshop from Catholism as she does not believe that jesus dying on the cross saves us from our sins!

Thats true... only a priest can prescribe forgiveness of sins thru works. Basically Jesus died for nothing. Catholocism is diabolical & blasphemous.

Krispy

2008/5/6 11:48

Re:

No one can serve two masters. No one can serve the Lord Jesus and the Roman Catholic Church at the same time. He will either hate the one or despise the other. The same is true for any religious organization which is run according to the basic principles of this world.

Those who might have found Christ while members of the Catholic Church will not stay there much longer if they hear His voice, "Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues." But the term "born-again Catholic" is like "born-again sinner"--one cannot remain either of them if he is truly born of the Spirit of God.

2008/5/6 11:48

Re:

I'm a 40 yr old born again former Catholic. I come from a long ancestry on both sides and was very 'religious' as a kid. I believe that deception is deception whether it's in a charismatic false healing revival or in a orthodox, ritualistic, and errant church such as the roman catholic or mormon church. I've never really thought what the church taught made sense and they didn't seem to care that it confused kids growing up. And I've never been one to subsrcibe to rules that I didn't understand. I will have nothing to do with the church and am angered by the arrogant and pompous nature of the church that suggests that if you didn't go to seminary you will really never understand God. The clergy are all arrogant fools. My brother and sister I believe are also born again but still attend to 'keep the peace' in the family. When we talk about salvation in terms of repentence and Our Saviors sacrifice, they have an acute awareness and relationship with Christ. My brother once said, "now I know why our friends thought we were so strange that we prayed to Mary and mere people". They are 'Christ centered' and neither of them believes in the divinity of Mary or any other mortal, dead or alive, including the Pope. We talk a lot about 'religiousity' and 'churchianity' and they understand the difference between this and a personal relationship with Christ and they reject salvation by works. My sister has gone to 'fellowship meetings' and has argued with her peers about the need for discernment in the Scriptures and how this and our relationship with Christ should be the basis for our faith. She stopped attending because her testimony wasn't resonating and was met with hostility. She still prays for them as well as the kids in her classroom as a teacher's aide in a Catholic School. She wants eyes to be opened but gets discouraged.... I told her that this is a stronghold for many and not to give up. I'm hoping she leaves at somepoint and she keeps hinting at it but for now this is where she is. My brother is a deputy sheriff and tries to minister to people in his department and to his wife's family about Christ. We all have tried to minister to my parents but my dad is the business manager at the Catholic Church that they have attended since they were children. It's tough. My brother and sister know my frustration with the church and know why I will never go back. I think they will eventually leave but I have little doubt that they are born-again. My brother has stopped drinking and smoking and brings up a lot of questions he may be confused about in scripture. He has always had a good heart(as do my parents)but he is truly a changed man. Now my extended family.... forget it .....they are Irish Catholic to the core.

I won't argue with anyone here about their salvation, they are born again and bear fruit to show for it..... BUT I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE WOULD ARGUE THAT THEY ARE NOT AS WELL. If someone tried to convince me that their relative was born again but are still in the mormon church I would most likely not believe it. I wish it were more cut and dry from my end but it isn't.

2008/5/6 14:35
davym

Re:

Coley, thanks for a great post. Keep pressing on brother!

[i]19Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.[/i]

[i]2 Timothy 2:19 (KJV) [/i]

2008/5/6 14:43Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Good Post Cooley!

2008/5/6 18:49Profile

Re:

Thanks for your encouragement. Please pray for those who are deceived by false doctrines. We were all unsaved at one point in our lives just like many are now. I believe someone's prayers helped my get out of a false religion and I praise God for these people. I believe he is also using my experience to spot deceptions elsewhere and burdens me with prayer. Although the Bible says many may fall away, it also says there will be a harvest and my GOD is bigger and mightier than any deception. Worthy is the Lamb and may His Son's labor and shed blood not be in vain for those whom we pray. Thanks.

2008/5/7 7:49

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy