SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Concerning Daniel_INC

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
jeremyhulsey

Re: Concerning Daniel_INC

BibleThumper,

Thank you for your kind words. I have taken them to heart. We have a special community here at S.I. One that I believe the Lord has led together. Each of us have all had our moments when we'd rather forget what we posted, but we've always in the end treated each other with respect and dignity as a fellow servant of Christ.

In doing so this has become very much a community of believers. Though we've never met or seen each other's faces, we would know each other in a second if we met on the street. And as with any community, there are going to be rules, whether spoken or unspoken. Greg for a very long time was the only moderator with the exception of maybe one or two others. But as S.I has grown the task of moderating the site has grown to the point that Greg began asking some of the members to help.

We rarely excersize our moderator status, I think this is the first time that I have even done it, with the exception of PM'ing a dear brother in defense of none other than Daniel. I admit that I posted in frustration, but not because I felt usurped. I and the other mod's were upholding the rules of the community that we ourselves are asnwerable to. If my actions and attitude were wrong, my motive was only for the good of the community. I am sorry if I offended any brothers and sisters, this has been a miserable episode.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2004/6/22 0:28Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

Thank the Lord for people who are not afraid to speak there mind. going on to a board is like walking into a dark ally you don't know whose out there. But your glad they call you Brother & sister. you just keep the love of the lord in your hearts this is just a day in the life of growing. keep walking keep loving. Bro. Raven
P. S. I know I'd walk here anytime.

2004/6/22 1:12Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

My, this is truly a sad situation. I have read through all the replies here as well as the related posting.

Many kind words, thoughtful and heartfelt.

But with all due respect, think there is a need for a clarification of the issue at hand. The main problem has been one of conduct and of attitude. What had been stressed and was continually being ignored was that some consideration be given to how anyone should conduct themselves in a environment that they are unfamiliar with.

It had originally been pointed out that it would be a good idea to get a 'feel' for the site and it's members and it was stated that he had done so from afar. Fair enough. There was even an apology offered in private if there had been a misunderstanding. But it soon became obvious that this was not the case.

This is the website of one Greg Gordon and he has graciously developed it into a fine ministry, make that outstanding, by providing us all with such a vast amount of resources and a forum with many members throughout the world that is without a doubt a 'church' in the truest sense of the word, even if it is a bit unorthodox.
And unlike many forums where there is so much antagonism and unhealthy arguing, fighting and whatnot, for the great number who come here it is a group of big hearted, humble, willing to learn, willing to share and even transparent Christian believers who long to do Gods will.

If I error anywhere (and I do error often) in this instance it is in a guarded jealousy over the unity of these dear people. Not in doctrine or denomination but in the unity that is shared here amongst one another.

The idea that this is some kind of power trip, that there are wolves running amok...etc. etc. is ridiculous.

When someone comes barging into your church, your home, your place of business is loud and obnoxious, will not listen to your requests to tone it down but Carries on with his own idea's of what he what's to do...that is unacceptable.

Believe we were more than gracious in giving him the benefit of the doubt while there were quite a few that had some serious concerns about what had been transpiring here over the last few days, the whole tone (yes there is a 'tone' around here) had changed.

Yes, he got off on the wrong foot and I will admit to the fact that this may have colored my thinking as well and yet early on I was one to state that we should give him a chance and maybe he would settle down..

The point was made again and again that there is a history here of topics and discussions as well as members and their experience and knowledge, but this was disregarded in wanting to push across his own particular way of doing things. That's fine if you insist start your own website.
But to come here with an attitude, an agenda and total disregard to all that frequent here is very disturbing and disrupting.

All this seems to be overlooked in favor of trying to make this a different issue, that of debate over doctrine or which camp you fit into and assorted other things.

I did state that I thought it was a problem of pride and believe it still is because none of these things have been addressed. But it also raised the very issue with myself and I did not level that charge without leveling it at myself.

I did not take this lightly in any shape or form, this was not an off the cuff comment and it caused a lot of prayer and agonizing to even have to address this whole thing, it has been going on for almost a week now.

To moderate in one definition is to "restrain from excess" and that was the attempt. I am sure it was imperfectly and it saddens me to see it have to become such a problem in this instance.

Finally, something that I will never forget here was early on I had gone off on a tangent about the whole benefit of higher education as it relates to Christian scholarship and the like. Problem being that I didn't have a clue what I was talking about and I was soundly rebuked by Greg and not only did I have it coming, it was the best thing that ever happened to me (it may have been directed at a couple of us, but I took it to heart). I thank God he had the gumption to put me in my place and I was embarrassed and humbled, truly kinds words that I needed to hear.

Lastly, I ask for forgiveness for all the disruption and most importantly if I have overstepped my bounds, caused any undo grief, have failed to see my own pride, anything that is out of place, please, do bring it to my attention.
Always want to be transparent before you all.

2004/6/22 1:56Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Excellent post Mike. I think you have really touched the heart of the whole issue.

2004/6/22 2:28Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

Hear! Hear!
L. W.

"With all due respect, think there is a need for a clarification of the issue at hand. The main problem has been one of conduct and of attitude. What had been stressed and was continually being ignored was that some consideration be given to how anyone should conduct themselves in a environment that they are unfamiliar with.

It had originally been pointed out that it would be a good idea to get a 'feel' for the site and it's members and it was stated that he had done so from afar. Fair enough. There was even an apology offered in private if there had been a misunderstanding. But it soon became obvious that this was not the case.

This is the website of one Greg Gordon and he has graciously developed it into a fine ministry, make that outstanding, by providing us all with such a vast amount of resources and a forum with many members throughout the world that is without a doubt a 'church' in the truest sense of the word, even if it is a bit unorthodox.
And unlike many forums where there is so much antagonism and unhealthy arguing, fighting and whatnot, for the great number who come here it is a group of big hearted, humble, willing to learn, willing to share and even transparent Christian believers who long to do Gods will.

The idea that this is some kind of power trip, that there are wolves running amok...etc. etc. is ridiculous.

When someone comes barging into your church, your home, your place of business is loud and obnoxious, will not listen to your requests to tone it down but Carries on with his own idea's of what he what's to do...that is unacceptable."

2004/6/22 3:09Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

I have rarely had to put on my 'moderation' hat to make sure things are in order.

I can remember at least one of those times!!!! :-)

2004/6/22 6:33Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

with apologies to Rudyard Kipling...

"if you can keep your head when all about you
are losing theirs and blaming it on you...

...it may just mean you don't understand the situation! ;-)

2004/6/22 6:37Profile
moreofHim

Re: daniel inc

No matter what transpired here in the last few days, I would like to thank Mike and Greg for watching out for us and keeping an eye on the "flock". This is one situation that I wouldn't have touched with a ten ft pole. There was such a spirit of confusion (not to mention other things)running amuck (is that a word?)

To many this may have seemed like a wrench thrown in by the enemy to sow discord- and maybe this is so in a way- but i see it as being allowed by the Lord (aren't all things in His control?) to see how everyone would react. It was a great test. Everything happens for a reason. We can glean and learn so much from each situation. I think everyone is wiser and more mature than just a few days ago. This is good! :-)

I am happy to be a part of SI and may any trials that come only bring SI members closer in Christ.

Thanks again!

In His perfect love, Chanin

2004/6/22 9:22Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

Amen, I agree Chanin. Yes thank God for Greg and Mike and all of the other Godly men and women here.

I saw something that Ron said that caught my eye as well "I find that when I dislike a person often some of the same characteristics that I am displeased with are currently exhibited in my own life to some degree or another, or they were in the past. Either the ol "beam" really blinds me or I struggle to forgive another for that which I have been forgiven."

All I can is Amen Brother Ron. Yes, this is something I've struggled mightily with and have been convicted of lately. It struck a cord in my own heart.

2004/6/22 10:17Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Everything happens for a reason. We can glean and learn so much from each situation. I think everyone is wiser and more mature than just a few days ago. This is good!

I agree Chanin. There is an element here that has come out that those who are in management positions (moderators) of being 'in charge' struggle with and its trying to bring correction in a Christlike fashion. This is VERY difficult. I deal with this everyday as a manager. Most of my workers are Christians. I 'feel' Bro. Mike greatly as I read his words and I believe the hearts of all here want to do right. They did not want to have to say something. I don't believe they wanted to confront. It is a horrible position to be placed in to have to confront somebody. It's just plain horrible! :-(

When we bring correction we have to use caution not to make the punishment too great for the situation- as to allow a brother or sister to be overcome by much sorrow. Sometimes when attempts at correction are unsuccessful you have to take action that everyone is uncomfortable with. I agree that God was looking at how we would react- not that He needed to know- but we needed to see our own reactions.

If everyones heart is right God will deal with the situation. Like Paul and Barnabus there are times when people have to part company because of the sharp disagreements until God can work it out. What happened? John Mark was a young man that faultered young- but the Gospel of Mark by tradition was written by his own hand later on. Paul later said to send him because he was profitable for the ministry. God worked it out. God received all the glory also! It is quite a story of God's working and it is marvelous in our eyes. My prayer is that we will see God work this out as well! He is able. He is gracious.

God Bless!

2004/6/22 10:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy