SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : demons?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

I think folks know where I stand.

How would people explain Gen 6 to fit about angels, flesh and blood?

[u][b]Gen 6:2-4 (KJV)[/b][/u]

2That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

2008/4/15 17:15Profile

Re:

Quote:
The deity of Christ is not something I feel some need to take a stand on when it is so painfully obvious and again why it needs to be brought up here

It obviously isn't all that obvious to all who come on line here.

Quote:
and again why it needs to be brought up here

Maybe this is why you misunderstood some of what Linn was saying.

Just some food for thought.

Added...We the church don't fight against flesh and blood, but powers and principalities and rulers in dark places. anti-christ is after the working of satan.....

Only in Christ has the power of death and hell for all mankind been broken as it says in Hebrews.

Linn said ...why do you think Jesus came and died on a Cross for our sin.....

Our sin kept us in death satan hold that key....in Christ we are made alive..Born Again givin eternal life, that cannot be snatched away.

Praise God!

Mike you just didn't really listen with a hearing heart what Linn was trying to say in her own words.....

Katy

2008/4/15 17:15

Re:

Quote:

Miccah, what ever happened, we know the whole earth was destroyed by a flood after that, except for 8 people.

Katy

2008/4/15 17:26
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:

Katy-did wrote:
Quote:

Miccah, what ever happened, we know the whole earth was destroyed by a flood after that, except for 8 people.

Katy

Thank God for His mercy and justice. May the Lord be praised!

2008/4/15 17:29Profile

Re:

It seems to be clear from, (I'll use Mike's word) the "silent" scriptures that Angels had the power to become men. Abraham saw three men who happened to be angels and one being the LORD.

Quote:
Genesis 18:2 And he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

We know that they can come in human form,
Quote:
Hebrews 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

2008/4/15 17:49

Re: demons?

Compliments wrote:

Quote:
It seems to be clear from, (I'll use Mike's word) the "silent" scriptures that Angels had the power to become men. Abraham saw three men who happened to be angels and one being the LORD.
Quote:
Genesis 18:2 And he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

We know that they can come in human form,
Quote:
Hebrews 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Hello Compliments,

But... you don't mean angels [u]become[/u] humans, do you? For, at the time the three met Abraham, the Lord had not become a man.

And, we know from Hebrews that He makes His ministers (angels - servants - messengers) a flame of fire - and this is consistent with the angel who announced to Manoah that she would have Samson. The angel did not stay to eat, but ascended and disappeared in a flame. (Judges 13)

Lastly, Jesus Himself says that angels are not given in marriage (Mark 12:25). To me, this is conclusive. While they may be able to transform their appearance, (perhaps so as not to frighten [i]real[/i] humans), they never do [i]become[/i] human.

I think you'd agree. :-)

2008/4/15 18:11

Re: demons?

Hi Miccah,

I would like to add one more thought (p9), namely - 'the sons of God' and 'the daughters of men' is an ancient observation - a very simple observation - that man came from God, and woman came from man. This truth is repeated by Paul.

And one more thought - that the thing which distinguished Eve, for Adam, was that she was flesh of his flesh and bone of his bone. The truth of the human body is that it requires food, as Jesus showed after His resurrection.

There may be an unanswerable question about whether angels need sustenance (the 'angel' equivalent of food), but there is always a clear distinction between angels and mankind, throughout scripture, if you take all the relevant verses together.

2008/4/15 18:19
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

dorcas wrote:

Quote:

Hi Miccah,

I would like to add one more thought (p9), namely - 'the sons of God' and 'the daughters of men' is an ancient observation - a very simple observation - that man came from God, and woman came from man. This truth is repeated by Paul.

And one more thought - that the thing which distinguished Eve, for Adam, was that she was flesh of his flesh and bone of his bone. The truth of the human body is that it requires food, as Jesus showed after His resurrection.

There may be an unanswerable question about whether angels need sustenance (the 'angel' equivalent of food), but there is always a clear distinction between angels and mankind, throughout scripture, if you take all the relevant verses together.

I'll be frank, I have not prayed on this before posting and am not well versed enough in this to speak knowledgeably to back up any debate. I asked more for insight then for making a point.

I have heard this question come up before that some say that it is angels come in unto women and some say human men.

Thank you for your sharing your knowledge on this. I will read it and pray about this, then seek the Lord.

:-)

2008/4/15 18:28Profile

Re:

Linn, thank you for your last three posts. Very informative and sound teaching.

Miccah,

I know there are two schools of thought on this subject.

Here is Scofield's footnotes on this issue:

Some hold that the sons of God were fallen angels who kept not their first estate...Jude 6&7, intruding into the human sphere produced a race of wicked giants. Others hold that since angels are spoken of in a sexless way( Matthew 22:30) and that the words "took them wives " signifies a lasting marriage , the reference has to do with the breakdown of the separation of the Godly line of Seth by intermarrying with the godless line of Cain. Stating as well that sons of God refer to all the Godly and daughters of men to all the ungodly.....further saying that the real importance is that Satan attempted to corrupt the race so that the Messiah could not come to redeem man. But God salvaged a remnant..and a Godly line was preserved.

We are also told that when the Lord Comes it will be like the days of Noah....that tells me even more....not in that there are angels intruding in inter-marriages, but the same as the last explanation..... an apostasy so horrible....ending in anti-christ worship and his mark. However, people will be so oblivious to their state of being...they too will be eating, drinking, and partying, and so on.

Katy

2008/4/15 19:00

Re:

Quote:
But... you don't mean angels become humans, do you? For, at the time the three met Abraham, the Lord had not become a man.

I didn't say it the scriptures says it. If you read the context in which it is written, it says that Abraham saw three men, but addressed all three as LORD. When Lot saw the two angels in Sodom he didn't see them as angels but strangers and thought it wise that such persons shouldn't be in the streets of a wicked society.

"LORD" doesn't have to mean the body of Jesus Christ, that manifestation was not yet made available till the virgin conceived. But the LORD has come as an Angel, and at times taking on human features. Nebuchadnezzar saw one likened unto the "son of God", one would ask, "how did he know what a son of God looked like"? This information might be construed as "extra biblical" or "silent in the scriptures", or it may be "rubbish".

2008/4/15 20:05

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy