SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : demons?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
problem is, how many versions are there of the Book? many. how many different denominations arose from people seeking truth from the Bible? answer is many. interpretation divides these various denominations. all of these people are praying that God gives them the correct interpretation and believe that they have been given it.

Bub these answers don't prove that God can lie, it only proves that man is a liar.

2008/4/17 15:07

Re: miccah: spin, spin, and more.

No, God cannot lie, but He has sent lying Demons to rest in the mouths of false prophets, and He has "turned people over to lying deception", a reprobate mind.

We cannot discuss anything Spiritually about the Truth, unless we first establish that the Truth lays in God's Word alone. The entire, complete, and absolute truth, in God's written word, the Bible. Otherwise, your wasting your keyboard and the oxygen around it.

Consider Noah, when he was building the Ark;Jesus in Nazareth, Jeremiah in Jerusalem.

See my post, "dancing around the Truth", a few posts down from here.

2008/4/17 15:12

Re: Dancin' in the dark

here it is again:

Quote:

Brothertom wrote:

Faith cannot be proven. It must be received, For some, the Spirit of Truth is a Myth, or a machination of their own grinding intellect: ever learning, but NEVER COMING TO THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH.

The Christian, born again by the Spirit of Truth, has surrendered his natural and earthly thought processes, to the Mind of the God who entered him or her. True Christians will always "rejoice in the truth", and have a deep hunger and respect for the Word of God. the Bible.

We cannot argue someone into faith. It is a fruitless endeavor, for the carnal mind is an enemy to the Spirit of truth, and the mind of Christ.

I picture an American Indian Brave, in full war regalia, dancing and skipping in a circle, chanting and whooping as he goes. He has an odd smirk , almost a silent laugh as he points to the man by the fire, reciting bible verses. It's sport, for he doesn't believe a word of it. He whoops once more, in hope that the preacher would light it up again. His mind is stimulated and warmed by the heat of this dialogue, and the idea that the preacher actually believes that the striving will help him.

The Holy Spirit convicts of sin, righteousness, and judgement. Men and women bow the knee as they hear and believe and are convicted by Him. Dance on, Bub. We love you anyway.

2008/4/17 15:17

Re:

"We cannot discuss anything Spiritually about the Truth, unless we first establish that the Truth lays in God's Word alone."

Tom, the Bible itself tells us that this is not so. Christ promised us the visitation of the Holy Spirit, to reveal truth to petitioners, in the time after He left earth. and this continues this day, well after the Bible was compiled.

bub

2008/4/17 15:38
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

1Jo 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

1 John 5:18-19 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

1 John 5:10-13 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Mark in our minds how many time we are to "KNOW", and have the witness of Christ in ourselves.

That you might know, Colossians 1:25-28 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Who made it known to us? To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

We truly have the witness in ourselves. Amen

For surly Christ is in me and you: Phillip

2008/4/17 15:53Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Irrelevant question? Are you serious? Refusal to answer a question does not liberate you from the truth of the question. Does God lie?

Quote:
I have seen this question too often...

This at lease tells me that there are some Christians out there that will not compromise with you and others that think that the Word of the Lord is false.

You claim to believe in something (Jesus Christ)without being able to claim that it is true or not. What a horrible way to live, denying the very truth given to you by the savior whom you claim to believe in, all the while denying the truth given to you..

I give more credit to the SDA folks. At least they can take scripture and make an arguement for their case, where as yours is based on yourself and mans interpretation, and yes... the flesh.

You refuse to say what you believe (does God lie?) but want people here to succumb to your godless ideas of human wisdom based on a knowledge from man. This is the same as the serpent. You bring in falseness and heresy in these forums and when confronted by it, hide behind the vail of a counterattack.

Repent and believe the Gospel. The living Word of God.

2008/4/17 16:39Profile

Re:

Miccah,

that you do not know the difference between

irreverant: meaning a lack of reverence

and

irrelevant: meaning not pertaining to

says something very important.

bub

ps. you have to quess what it is. ;-)

2008/4/17 17:04
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Titus 3:10 - 11 (KJV) 10A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition reject; 11Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Titus 3:10 - 11 (ESV) 10As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, 11knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

αἱρετίζω
hairetizō
hahee-ret-id'-zo
From a derivative of G138; to make a choice:—choose.

It is obvious that a choice has been made, why belabor it?

Clint

2008/4/17 17:12Profile

Re:

broclint

thank you. the verses you posted are a good example of my point about interpretation. they are clear in their intent and should be taken literally.

but much of the Bible is not so clear in meaning and leaves much open to interpretation.

the path to Salvation is quite clear. What to believe about the history of the earth is not.

and for me, belief in demons is not much different than superstition. For people of the time of the Bible, well, undoubtedly demons existed. they had no other explanations for strange things that happened, and if humans don't know the why of something, they often invent it.

the real reason i don't believe in demons is because there ain't any in the modern world. (no one has posted examples on this thread, which is very telling.)

but there's lots of stuff that we would interpret as demonic, IF we didn't know about biology.

those people who claim to have had experience with demons, i would say were receptive to the idea in the first place. here's a small example

at age 15 i started smoking cigaretts occasionally in the summer (i was on the wrestling team and would have gotten booted if caught)

in college this progressed to half pack a day and then one and two per day, afterword.

i struggled many times to quit and could not.

i finally went to a hypnotist. the next day i got up and 'forgot' to smoke and didn't realize it until late in the day. i thought about it and it seemed like the smoking habit was something from a dream. poof, gone.

what this showed me is that the human brain is very suggestable. if you believe in demons, have an idea what they will do to you, let yourself become convinced they are attacking you, then your brain will do whatever it needs to do to keep this idea going. it happens because you want it confirmed for you.

bub

2008/4/17 17:52

Re:

Quote:
i finally went to a hypnotist. the next day i got up and 'forgot' to smoke and didn't realize it until late in the day. i thought about it and it seemed like the smoking habit was something from a dream. poof, gone.

No wonder your all over the board in your beliefs Bubba, you need to be delivered. Seeing a hypnotist is no different in going to see a medium, a witch doctor, gypsy, or a palm reader.

I am concerned for you, this is real. I know of people that have been delivered from spirits who have dabbled in this area. I seriously recommend you pray saying, "If I received a spirit that is not of God via the hypnotists, LORD I want you to direct me to get the help I need in getting this out".

Don't balk at this, or laugh, or reason this away, this is serious stuff.

2008/4/17 20:32

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy