SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : saved??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Even with all of that, it is not our place to judge anyone. We can judge their comments using biblical truth as a comparison. But God alone judges each of His servants. They are not ours to judge. It is before Him alone will a man(woman) be saved.

I agree with you 100%. I am not her judge. But I do have a responsibility, when confronted with her own words, to judge whether what she said she believed was true or not.

A better way of saying it is... based on her own words and confession, we can conclude that she was not saved. That, to me, is not judging her. It's just a simple statement of my understanding of her faith based upon her own confession.

Krispy

2008/4/8 13:11

Re: Saved??

Onesimus4God said:

Quote:
Even with all of that, it is not our place to judge anyone.

[u][b]Baloney[/b][/u]!!!

No disrespect to you Onesimus4God or to anyone, I'm saying this to [u]ALL[/u] People. I get so tired of people saying: Don't Judge, blah, blah, blah. It's bad enough when the people of the world say this but when Christians say this to??? Hogwash!!!

[url=http://www.gospeljohn.com/judgenot.htm]Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged![/url]

2008/4/8 13:34

Re:

Miccah,

i am definately not saying that we should not "go and make disciples." (double negative, sorry)

and lost souls are our business. but in the end, who is and is not saved is between them and God. and we should not make a practice of presuming we know God's will for each soul, and relationship with each soul.

MT did say some things that you or we disagree with, that reflect works based faith, but a works based faith that focuses on imitating the life of Christ, of walking the talk, well, isn't the Faith that underpins such a life real?? that she faced and dealt with such depression and exercised her faith so strongly in spite of it is a real credit to her and shouldn't be taken as a failure.

we can and should address poor or misleading gospel interpretations, those that do not hinge on faith alone. but we should not be in the habit of stating the disposition of others at the hand of God. (besides being unseemly it puts a person in the seat of judgment.)

bub

2008/4/8 13:34

Re: Saved??

Krispy said:

Quote:
A better way of saying it is... based on her own words and confession, we can conclude that she was not saved. That, to me, is not judging her. It's just a simple statement of my understanding of her faith based upon her own confession.

We can go on and on and on with pages of this thread based on MT but the bottom line is what Krispy has stated. In just a few words, krispy has said it all. Perfectly said Krispy!

2008/4/8 13:45
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Re:

To Krispy, my long and dear friend of the Gospel, I agree, and with what the previous poster said.

To the others, Jesus asked what right we had to judge another man's servant. Be careful. MT may not have had sound doctrine. But her eternal home is between her and God. I have a big enough plank in my own eye to work on. I thank God for His mercy and grace that goes way beyond our large measure we used to judge others. This I know, from personal experience, and from the revelation He has given me in His Word.

In Him,

"0"

2008/4/8 16:27Profile

Re:

Quote:
I have a big enough plank in my own eye to work on.

Oooh yes indeed. It doesnt come across on the computer screen, but when I write things like that about dear people like MT I do so with much fear and trembling, knowing that I am certainly not the poster child for holy Christian living. I strive for it, but so far I fall short daily... some days worse than others. But the difference, it doesnt matter because my sins past, present & future have been covered by the blood of Jesus. And thats where my faith lies... alone... and without anything I can do to merit it.

Thats the whole point.

Krispy

2008/4/8 16:54
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Re:

Right on, Krispy. If our favor with God is not unmerited, it is counterfiet. He only sees the righteousness of Jesus by what Jesus did, not what I did for Jesus.

All His best,

"0"

2008/4/8 19:58Profile

Re: CHRISTIANS: JUDGE RIGHTLY OR YOU COULD DIE!

Firstly, it is impossible for anyone who has read Mother Teresa's autobiography, and is a born again disciple of the Lord Jesus, to assume the she was a believer, in the Biblical sense. She refused to lead anyone to the Lord Jesus, claiming that it was beneath the dignity of the faith of the individual to do so. The doctrine of the mothers of mercy was, and is, to offer comfort to the dying and suffering, yet to allow them to pass into eternity believing in God on their own terms.

The Hindus remained committed to a plethora of demon Idols, the Muslim to Allah, etc., as the Mothers helped them cope in a bit more comfort before there awful and eternal slide into Hades, day after day. That is the ministry of mother Teresa. She greased the slide.

Sounds harsh, but if you doubt, read this from her lips. She did not pray through the Lord Jesus, but preferred "the family of Joseph"; sometimes to jesus, sometimes to Joseph, and of course, Mother Mary.

Where does your thoughts lead you to assume that Christians don't judge. I think you are confusing eternal Judgement, with our temporal walk with God. Manassah, the savage King, and the Word testifies the most Satanic and wicked, could well be in the Kingdom of Heaven, as he repented, and returned to the Lord. Multitudes who lost children, and loved ones, surely would have judged him strait into the fire, but it appears that God's mercy was greater. I'm glad that this is so. I don't want anything to do with His part;only He can, for only He dispenses true Justice and mercy.

On the other hand, if I don't JUDGE fruit and doctrine, I will die. IF YOU DON'T JUDGE FRUIT AND DOCTRINE, YOU WILL DIE. Why? You will be deceived. Doctrine, in Christianity, is discerning the truth, and acting on it according to the Word of God! Bad doctrine: what the cults and deceivers teach, will align you with Satan, and the powers of evil, and God, reluctantly, will throw you to the fire. So, is it necessary to judge?

The holy Spirit states through Jesus that he will lead us into all truth. In another passage, the word states that" for this reason are men condemned; they did not receive the LOVE OF THE TRUTH.

If through our misjudgement, or lack of discernment, we become an enemy to the Lord, the Lord will reject us. The ones who love and practice the lies are away from God's camp.[..Rev:22vs. 15.

You can't judge fruit by reading a how to book, or really even reading the Bible, yet we are commanded to judge fruit. How? the Bible says that In your Light, we see light. We bear fruit, and see fruit. The only way to judge fruit is by the Holy Spirit, WHO LEADS US INTO ALL TRUTH! Non-Christians can never see the truth, or the fruits of the SPIRIT, but when they judge, they judge with an unregenerated mind, and thought process, that must always lead them into the LIE, BECAUSE, they are in Darkness, until they are born again. Jesus said, "I am the light of the World".

I see this thread as somewhat of a trap, even, to lure Christians into confusion about acting on sound Judgement and Holy discernment. John the Babtist was filled with discernment, and declared judgement upon all who didn't are wouldn't repent back to holiness, calling them Snakes, and warning them of wrath to come.

John was mild compared to Jesus' ministry, We can go on and on and on. Paul, Moses, Samuel; they judged Righteous judgement. If you are a Pastor[ I like Shepard], and you see the WOLF coming, and do not warn, you are condemned by God. QUESTION?????? How does the
pastor Know a man is a Wolf?

Well, mother Teresa is a posthumous leader. A leader hero who many adore in her death, and pray to, by the way. She is maybe more dangerous in her death, than in her life, as she transcended the Roman Catholic cult into Universal praise as a holy woman; even a SAINT...maybe more than any woman in the last few hundred years.

So, therefore, IF I accept her as a holy woman, it stands to reason that I must accept her belief system also, as the vehicle that got her there. "A HOLY SAINT AND VENERATED ONE!". But,, my judgement compares her doctrine, and fruit, with the Word of God, and that agrees with the Holy Spirit within me, to know that she was a lady WOLF, a deceiver. Useless, really, a worker of evil, all dressed up like real disciple of Christ.

Jesus said "when you judge, judge righteous judgement".

"God is not willing that any should perish, but all come to the knowledge of the Lord Jesus" God loves you, and desires to make you his child, by giving you His own Spirit to come into your being. This is very real, and necessary for you to BEGIN to judge rightly. This is why Jesus died, that all who received Him, gave he power to BECOME A CHILD OF GOD!

BROTHERTOM

2008/4/10 0:25

Re:

Right on, brother Tom.

Krispy

2008/4/10 10:56

Re:

"The Hindus remained committed to a plethora of demon Idols, the Muslim to Allah, etc., as the Mothers helped them cope in a bit more comfort before there awful and eternal slide into Hades, day after day. That is the ministry of mother Teresa. She greased the slide."

Perhaps she recognized that, on death's bed Hindus and Muslims were not going to convert after a lifetime of practice.

Wouldn't Christ comfort such people without demanding what they could not give?

God's Mercy exists, as well as God's Judgement and Justice.

It is not for you to say who is saved and who is not.

As for Hades, why would a loving God create a person such as Mother Teresa, knowing in advance that they would "grease the slide"? Does a loving God create people destined for Hell?

Something is wrong with this picture.

When good people are called evil, watch out for those pointing the finger. that's who is holding the grease bucket.

bub

2008/4/11 10:43

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy