SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are we truly seeing changes occur in response to our prayers?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Salvation is not the most important thing on God's agenda. The most important thing is that you and I become one in Christ Jesus. Remember Jesus said in John 17:9 "I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine."

I think if we take a closer look at John 17, we will see Jesus praying for the 12 disciples God gave to Jesus here on earth AKA the 12 Apostles.

I believe this is clarified in verse 12. Who was the one lost....the son of perdition....it was Judas.

If we read further in Jesus prayer here we read in verse 20 the Great commission of preaching the Gospel ....reconciling sinners to God through Jesus Christ.

John 17:12While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

13And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

14I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

15I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

16They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

19And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

[u]20Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. [/u]

We are ambassadors for Christ....be ye reconciled to God. REPENT!

The wrath of God is coming on those who have rejected the Love of the Gospel that they might be saved.

Katy

2008/4/7 10:36

Re:

We still need to cry louder, louder and louder! yes, Still!

THis isn't the mall! This is the Holy One of Israel! He doesn't just want prayers and give answers and good gifts, but he wants true worship from our beings/lives.

In Christ

2008/4/7 12:08
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Re:

Ejg,
Amen and amen. Your statement encopasses all others on this subject. He alone deserves all the glory, and He alone should be the object of our worship. He inhabits the praises of His people. Personal praises, the kind in the closet. In His presence there is fullness of joy. Stand in the pulpit and look as I have for joy among church people. Their faces look like they are at a wake! They are dead because they have no personal relationship with God. They are there only to attempt to fulfill religious obligation. It is not worship. They are worn out from trying to manipulate God into being their servant and exhalting themselves instead of exhalting Him. They have not strength because they have no joy, for the joy of the Lord is our strenght. They know about Homer Simpson. They know about Family Guy. But they know not the living God.
Jesus died that we might have fellowship with the Father once again. We, as His children have that right and privilege. Yet we would rather discuss "it" with our neighbor, than with the Father.
Jesus said that He did not do or say anything without first talking it over with the Father, and receiving His Father's instructions so that He could obey them. His miracles were not of His own choosing. He was following orders from Heaven. He had the power of the throne of God supporting His every move, because He was obedient even unto death, death on the cross. Who among you is like Him? Surely not I. God forgive us all. Far too often I give up and rely on my own understanding, instead of trusting my God who cannot do else but love and have my best interest at heart. Oh God, forgive me. I seek the wisdom of other men, instead of the wisdom of God. I resort to short cuts to accomplish my goals, instead of patiently waiting for the leading of the Holy Spirit as our Jesus did.

Jesus was the center of attention everywhere He went. There was no CNN, no Fox News. Just word of mouth, and He had them all talking. Why? Because a city set upon a hill could not be hidden. He told His disciples, "so let your light shine before me, that they may see your good works, and glorify God".

The good works are not good preaching, not good singing, not good videos, not good books. It is charity.

See, in modern times here, we have become dupped by deceivers to believing that 1 Cor 13 is the "love" chapter. It's not the love chapter, it's the works chapter. Love is not patient, charity is patient. Love is not kind, charity is kind. Love does not endure all things, charity endures all things. Charity has a benevolent "work" attached to it. Not works of salvation, but works of love. Charity is agape, non conditional. When we start to do the works of the Father, you wont' have to advertise. You won't have to hold conferences. You won't have to by TV and radio time. It will all be provided, because we will be so different, they will be crowding us as people were in Jesus' crowding Him. Yes, the religious will be out to kill us too.
Love is not something we have, but something we do. It is the demonstration of self sacrifice, our "reasonable service" unto God. It begins with the lowly, the down and out, not the Country Club or the pot luck hall of fame.

Oh, faith and worship are so different than what is portrayed in so called "churches" today. We have slipped a long, long way from Christ. The horror is that so few see it and understand it. Most think all is well. The great deception, and the great falling away is not coming. It is here and now.

Yours in Christ Jesus,

"0"

2008/4/7 13:16Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
Love is not something we have, but something we do.

Yes, not as a means to God's love, but as a result of God's Love - His love flowing through us unto others - drawing them to Himself - that He may also fill them with His Love - Himself.

2008/4/7 13:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy