SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Register for the "REVIVAL CONFERENCE 2008" (Nov 25-27th - Greenock, Scotland)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re: Bother Tom

Hi Brother Tom,

I am new to this forum, so hope my earlier post was not misunderstood in that i am looking forward to hearing from those the LORD sends.

I fully agree with all you say and am under no illusion that true revival only comes when each one of us wholly yields to God in every area of our daily life. As we allow Jesus Christ to be in control, this is what will change those with whom we associate with, be they family, work collegues or church members.

The LORD in His grace uses individuals to speak His word and oh that that they would be wholly surrendered to Him, then we will have HIS word to HIS body; a word that will convict and bring us all to the place of more surrender to Him and "be be vessels of honour, sanctified and useful to the master, prepared for every good work". 1 Timothy 2 v21.

God will use whosoever is surrendered to Him and each member of His body is to be an expression of His life. May we never exult one member above another or allow our focus to be to a person, but only unto Him who saved us.

When I am drawn to hear a particular preacher, it is beacause (I trust and pray will always be) I see the hand and work of the Lord Jesus in a crucified life.

Regarding 'docrinal stance hindering', if the doctrine be true and of God it cannot hinder, but only enhance true revival. True rival must always be based on God's word and will always bring us back to the truth.

May God bless you richly.

2008/4/14 4:17Profile

Re: CRUCIFIED LIFESTYLES UNTIL HEAVEN. MERCY.

Hey Dave:thank you for your post, and heart to find a crucified life, and to sit at the feet of crucified ones. This is awesome.

I would submit to you though, that there are only crucified lifestyles, not crucified lives...

Remember David's sin, adultery and murder, after Decades of revelation and Visitation in pure Shekinah! We bear our cross daily, other wise the evil Satanic nature in us All, will ascend, and slay us in darkness.

This should keep us lowly, as wickedness is bound in us until we enter Heaven. We have not yet attained, and we must overcome. How? BY dying daily and moment to moment, as we submit to the holy Spirit. This is a lifestyle. Each day of my life, I struggle, as pride, lust, greed,and hate arises. I cry out each day that the Father would count my evil heart attitudes as sin and death, and that he would see them Covered by the Blood of Jesus, my Saviour.

So, crucified lifestyles are really Overcomers. Overcoming lifestyles. How did they overcome? " By the blood of the Lamb, the Word of their testimony, and by Not loving their own self, unto death.

The only true crucified one are those who have entered heaven's gate, who have washed their robes[daily, moment to moment, as they lived in Him]in the Blood of the Lamb, sparkling White!

2008/4/14 11:29

Re: hospitality

I am probably one of those brothers that may need hospitality in a home. I am single[widowed] and I am coming with another brother.

It's a while away, I know. Will be praying. Grace.

Brother tom.

2008/4/14 17:34
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

I am probably one of those brothers that may need hospitality in a home. I am single[widowed] and I am coming with another brother.

Dear Brother,

This will be opportunity for some people to have home-stays and others can share hotels and motels. I am really praying people will catch the vision of the event and even allow more "community" aspects of christianity to be displayed. The early church did not have to work and make big programs they knew the needs and desired to fullfil them immediately.

pre-register today: http://2008scotland.eventbrite.com/

2008/4/15 2:18Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Here are the hotels for the area:

1. The Tontine Hotel, 6 Ardgowan Square, Greenock, PA16 8NG Tel 0044(0)1475 723316 www.tontinehotel.co.uk

This is an old (200 years) established middle class hotel in the heart of Greenock, 1 mile from the Town Hall. £65 for a double room/twin room. Single occupancy is £55.

2. Express by Holiday Inn, Cartsburn, Greenock, PA15 1AE Tel: 0044(0)1475 786666 Fax 0044(0)1475 786777. www.hiexpressgreenock.co.uk This is a modern overnight stay kind of hotel approx 1/2 of a mile away from the Town Hall. Bed and breakfast there would be £56 per night for a double/twin room.

3. Premier Inn, 1/3 James Watt Way, Greenock PA15 2AJ Tel: 0044(0)1475 730911; Fax: 0044(0)1475 730890 http://www.premierinn.com/pti/hotelInformation.do?hotelId=23963 This is another chain of UK wide hotels 3/4 of a mile from the Town Hall. They current charge £59 a night room only.

2008/4/15 12:35Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

The information brochure and schedule information has been posted:

INFORMATION BROCHURE -

Accommodations - The recommended hotels that are close by the venue are: The Tontine Hotel, 6 Ardgowan Square, Greenock, PA16 8NG Tel 0044(0)1475 723316. £55 per night. Express by Holiday Inn, Cartsburn, Greenock, PA15 1AE Tel: 0044(0)1475 786666.£56 per night. Simply mention that you are attending the “Revival Conference 2008” event for a discount. (Shuttle service available as needed.)

2008/4/15 12:48Profile
allhavsinned

North West England

Re:

Sorry if this has been adressed already, or if it's in the brochure, which I haven't read, but is this suitable to bring the kids? I don't mean the're not welcome but sometimes these events are very family friendly, others they tend to get to be a distraction if kids are there.

I'm happy either way, I just want to know if I should be taking my kids out of school for the week or arrange for their grandma to look after them.

Other than that my wife and I are going to do everything to be there! I wish it was a bit closer then we could offer some accomodation :-(

Steve

2008/4/18 10:42Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Sorry if this has been adressed already, or if it's in the brochure, which I haven't read, but is this suitable to bring the kids? I don't mean the're not welcome but sometimes these events are very family friendly, others they tend to get to be a distraction if kids are there.

Yes, there will be childcare offered for all the main sessions and its wonderful to have children even in the services if they can be relatively quiet.

2008/4/18 15:31Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"There is no cost to attend the conference, registration is free!"

[i]Will God send another great awakening? Can revival still change nations? There are over 10,000 conferences that happen every year. This 'Revival Conference' is not to be just another conference but a honest, sincere, earnest plea for the desperate need of revival. There is no cost to attend the event. No materials will be sold. There will be no big bands. The conference chief object is to be God-glorifying. The speakers come on their own accord trusting God for provision. There will be no emphasis on money during the event. The event will be a simple, apostolic, yearning for a genuine biblical revival in our day. The conference is hosted by the ministry of sermonindex.net and is a inter-denominational event. [/i]

PRE-REGISTER here today:
http://2008scotland.eventbrite.com/

2008/4/23 0:38Profile
notmyown

Re:

I'll be there along with some others God willing but I need to ask: Is there a reason why the conferences are held during the week?

It will limit me to getting to any others in the future as my work is very restrictive about time off during the week. I know of a few already who would have went if it was a weekend event.

Is it because of the speakers timetables - I assume they are booked solid at weekends?

PS: Cant wait for this years regardless. Hungering for revival (personal and national)

2008/4/23 11:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy