SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 2

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

"But is not the ground naturally bad in every heart? Undoubtedly. And can any but God make it good? None. But it is your business, when you hear of the justice and mercy of God, to implore him to work in you that which is pleasing in his sight. No man shall be condemned because he did not change his own heart, but because he did not cry to God to change it, who gave him his Holy Spirit for this very purpose, and which he, by his worldly-mindedness and impiety, quenched. Whoso hath ears to hear let him hear: and may the Lord save the reader from an impenitent and unfruitful heart!"
Adam Clarke on Matt 13:23

2004/11/17 4:30Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"God never saved any man for being a preacher, nor because he was an able preacher; but because he was a justified, sanctified man, and consequently faithful in his Master’s work. Take heed, therefore, to ourselves first, that you he that which you persuade your hearers to be, and believe that which you persuade them to believe, and heartily entertain that Savior whom you offer to them. He that bade you love your neighbors as yourselves, did imply that you should love yourselves, and not hate and destroy yourselves and them."
-Richard Baxter

2004/11/14 21:47Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

"My Lord was pleased to die for my sins; why should I not be glad to give up my poor life out of love for Him."
-Girolamo Savanarola

2004/11/14 19:25Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
- Unknown

Thats vance havner actually ;-)

2004/11/12 15:04Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re: To sing for Gods glory in prison

"Now if the church ever recovers the power to break up demonism in the community it will bring down the wrath of evil and the church may land in jail but she'll learn how to sing in prison, pray down an earth quake. Folks are asking "will the church go underground?" Well she may develop more power underground then she's got above ground these days. We're not going to pray down earth quakes in committee meetings, sipping coffee and reading the minutes of the last meeting."
- Vance Havner

Edit: with thanks to bro Greg for the comment :-P

2004/11/12 14:48Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"God does nothing but in answer to prayer"
-John Wesley

2004/11/12 9:03Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Today, we are living in desperate times. Yet, the Church is not desperate before God in prayer."
-Chuck Smith

2004/11/10 14:05Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

WAIT (July 7, 1892)

Cease from disquietude,
Fret not, this is unto thee a preparation time;
Thou must be made in likeness unto Him thou wouldest serve.
Wait, the diamond must be cut ere from its tiny facets
Flash the glory of the sun’s pure ray.
Rain must descend,
Else from yon dull grey bulb springeth no sweet perfumed flower.
Be silent upon God, thy time for service has not come;
Patience, this waiting trial is by Him who loves thee sent;
Be still—He knoweth all, thou knowest that His will is best.

Chambers, Oswald, The Poems of Oswald Chambers, (United Kingdom: Marshall Morgan & Scott) c2000.

2004/11/7 4:27Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

"But from where shall I fetch my arguments? With what shall win them? O that I coul tell! I would write to them in tears, I would weep out every argument, i would empty my veins for ink, I would petition them on my knees. O thankful should I be if they would be prevailed with to repent and turn."

-Joseph Alleine

2004/11/2 1:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Our prayers often resemble the mischievous tricks of town children, who knock at their neighbor's houses and then run away; we often knock at heaven's door and then run off into the spirit of the world. Instead of waiting for entrance to be granted, we act as if we were afraid of having our prayers answered."
-Williams

2004/10/31 23:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy