SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The law

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Preacher777 , you said :

[i][color=0000ff]The Law is good, no were not saved by it not even kept by it were kept by Christ alone but we know sin is lawlessness. I don't like to waste time so I agree with the word you posted I need not to change anyones veiw on the law only Christ can do that. 2Tim 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his.And let every one that nameth the name of Christ
depart from iniquity. [/i][/color]

Very well put , I agree... and I appreciate your thoughts.

Shalom

Stephen

2008/2/11 21:03

Re:

Quote:
You may notice that I have not replied to any of your posts. I request that you do not ask me any more personal questions about my belief. Please keep your questions to the topic at hand.

Anne, I believe you have every right to ask this question, and we as a community have a right to KNOW where one stands on this issue right from the get go!

Those who KNOW Jesus Christ is God, will never hide that one under a bushel and say....ask me that in private:-?

Katy

2008/2/11 21:19

Re:

Preacher777: Again, I will use your words

[i]The Law is good, no were not saved by it not even kept by it. We're kept by Christ alone but we know sin is lawlessness. [/i]

You are correct. The law (read: instructions, statutes and commanments) of our Father are for our good and without them the world would disintegrate into lawlessness.

I want to post a few verses by Paul from Romans, which emphasize Paul's love of the law of the Father:

[color=0000ff][size=xx-small][i]
"...For it is not those who hear the Torah who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the Torah who will be declared righteous." (Rom1:13)

"...Since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcision by faith and the uncircumcision through the same faith; Do we then abolish the Torah by this faith? By no means, rather we uphold the Torah." (Rom 3:30-31)

"...What shall we say then? Is the Torah sin? God forbid. No, I had not known sin, except by the Torah; for I had not known lust, except the Torah had said; Thous shalt not covet." (Rom 7:7)

“…Wherefore the Torah is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good” (Rom 7:12

“…For we know that the Torah is spiritual but I am carnal sold under sin.” (Rom 7:14

“…For I delight in the Torah of God after the inward man. (Rom 7:22) [/color][/size][/i]

Yes ... after the inward man I delight in the law (statutes, instructions and commandments) of Yeshua the Messiah.

Shalom

Stephen

2008/2/11 21:21
Compton

Re:

Quote:
There is an inbetween - a new Living Way.

Amen!

2008/2/11 21:22Profile

Re:

Quote:

Katy-did wrote:
Quote:
You may notice that I have not replied to any of your posts. I request that you do not ask me any more personal questions about my belief. Please keep your questions to the topic at hand.

Anne, I believe you have every right to ask this question, and we as a community have a right to KNOW where one stands on this issue right from teh get go!

Those who KNOW Jesus Christ is God, will never hide that one under a bushel and say....ask me that in private:-?

Katy

I know Katy. I know we have the right but I've just been sort of enjoying watching you and LittleGift and PASTOR CLINT quoting Titus 3:9-11 - Oh how true those words are. Paul advised Titus, "Once-Twice and then No-Shalom".

I have enjoyed your posts though. :-D

My grandmother was sent here by ship, by herself, at 14 yr.s old - alone, landing in N.Y. and then taken to Ellis Island, because her family was trying to save her from the persecution against the Jews over there.
She became a "survivor type" and she raised me.

I have to hold back the rest of what I'm thinking but I think you know.

JESUS LOVES YOU KATY-DID.
AND SO DO WE. ;-)

2008/2/11 21:29
jgraves11

Munford, TN

Re:

After reading over the different posts in this discussion, I am just want to make sure we are on the same page.

Our standing with God does not improve by our keeping the law.
I don't want to quote the whole book of Galatians so I will quote the essence of the first 4 chapters.
Galatians 3:10
For all those who rely on the law are under a curse.

2008/2/11 21:33Profile

Re:

8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

11In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

12Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

[[u][b]14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; [/b][/u]

Everything in the OT was made with hands, even the law written in and on stone.....we now have written in our heart, by the Spirit of the Life of Christ in us....We don't keep the Law....HE Keeps US...therefore fulfilling the Law of the New Covenant. I will cause YOU! All Glory Goes to God...we walk a NEW and Living way...through the veil, that is to say s Flesh.

OT Saints could not enter into the Holy of Holies, but NOW WE CAN!!!! Praise God! Christ IS our Life, our righteousness, our Holiness, and we are partakers of His divine nature BY FAITH in His Promises.....2 Peter 1

15And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Lets not trample underfoot the Son of God, and count the BLOOD of the Covenant with which you were sanctified an unholy thing, and INSULT the Spirit of Grace. Isn't this the unforgivable sin Jesus spoke of? :eek: Insulting the Spirit of Grace ...Grace plus NOTHING.

People will believe anything but the Power of the Cross...to keep from being persecuted for preaching Christ Crucified and risen. Paul's greatest enemies were the lawyers...Jesus's too for that matter!

Katy

2008/2/11 21:41
jgraves11

Munford, TN

Re:

Katy-did said

Quote:
OT Saints could not enter into the Holy of Holies, but NOW WE CAN!!!! Praise God! Christ IS our Life, our righteousness, our Holiness, and we are partakers of His divine nature BY FAITH in His Promises.....2 Peter 1

Not to get too far off subject but, this is an amazing truth. We who deserve to be eternally punished for our sins, get to enter into the presence of God by the blood of Christ.(Hebrews 10:19)

2008/2/11 21:47Profile

Re:

Quote:
Paul advised Titus, "Once-Twice and then No-Shalom".

Who are those guys...anyway!!!

Shalom...Yeshua....Torah...:roll:

I know a little Hebrew. His name is Rabbi Lenny Finkelstein...5'6" tall, and 5'6" wide :-P Are you impressed?

:lol:

Katy

2008/2/11 22:02

Re: Relying on the Law

jggraves, You are precisely correct in stating that those who rely on the law for justification are still under the curse.

The law (read: statutes, instructions and commandments) can not save you.

The law (read: statutes, instructions and commandments) can not keep you.

It is only the atoning work of Messiah that can do this.

However, I trust that you are not saying that the words (Scripture) given by our Father is a curse as many seem to say.

Shalom

Stephen

2008/2/11 22:02

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy