SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What Are You Reading Right Now? (besides this)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Just finished "The Crises of the Christ" by G. Campbell Morgan and now I'm reading Edward J. Young's commentary on Isaiah.

2008/2/6 19:33Profile
caldwell1

Rockland MA

Re:

Foundations of Grace by Steven Lawson
Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ by John Piper
The Knowledge of the Holy by A.W Tozer
Predestination by Lorraine Boettner
Daily Devotionals by Bob Caldwell

2008/2/6 21:27Profile
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

Thanks Phil,

I also am working on reading the bible through, how I've read in the past growing up has often read like this: Genesis through Deuteronomy, maybe a bit of 1st Samuel (David and Goliath), skip to Psalms and Proverbs, skip to Isaiah chapter 53, then on to the New Testament. Growing up in a Christian school and church, I suppose that I took the bible for granted because I always heard parts of it every day...Now I have my personal relationship with God and I realize that I am responsible for what I read or don't read.

I too am learning new things about God, as He reveals them in the books of the bible that I've never read, I just ordered Why Revival Tarries and am looking forward to reading it as well.
Joe

2008/2/6 22:03Profile
PizzaMan

Re:

Second Corinthians. I'm getting close to reading the Bible completely for the first time!

2008/2/7 18:03Profile

Re:

The Way of the Wild Heart-John Eldredge

It's a teaching on the six stages of a mans life. He uses David and Jesus Christ as examples.

It's really interesting I'm abaout half way through it.

2008/2/7 19:28
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:
Thanks Phil,

I also am working on reading the bible through, how I've read in the past growing up has often read like this: Genesis through Deuteronomy, maybe a bit of 1st Samuel (David and Goliath), skip to Psalms and Proverbs, skip to Isaiah chapter 53, then on to the New Testament. Growing up in a Christian school and church, I suppose that I took the bible for granted because I always heard parts of it every day...Now I have my personal relationship with God and I realize that I am responsible for what I read or don't read.

I too am learning new things about God, as He reveals them in the books of the bible that I've never read, I just ordered Why Revival Tarries and am looking forward to reading it as well.
Joe

cool man. i will be thinking of you when i am reading the word. maybe sometime we can talk about what the Lord is showing us through His wondeful word.

God bless bro,
phil

2008/2/7 19:31Profile

Re:

Quote:
Foundations of Grace by Steven Lawson

Caldwell1, Steven Lawson is in town speaking at a church for a conference...I wish I could go. I have to get you the church website maybe they might have audio you can listen too.

I am reading through the minor prophets, I am in the middle of Amos right now. Like what RC Sproul said "There is nothing minor about God speaking through a prophet of His."

Mortification of Sin-John Owen
Your Best Life Now.(teasing)

Mike

2008/2/7 20:17
caldwell1

Rockland MA

Re:

Wow reformer,

He's speaking in your town what an opportunity!
Yeah,please let me know if the audio is available.

His audio is available to download or listen at Christ fellowship Baptist churh I am listening to his series on Definite Atonement-great stuff and that book "Foundations of Grace" is wonderful-God is so magnified in it!

2008/2/7 22:42Profile
BVO

ohio

Re: what you're reading

I love these what you're listening too or reading posts. Thank God for His speaking to us when we get man heavy. We just began attending a new church and spoke with the pastor til 1:00 in morning after Wed. evening service. He preaches my heart and the heart of many that i listen to and read. I started asking him if he had heard of this person or that and all were no. I think he has been drawing from living water and sitting at Jesus' feet and not from man's teaching. I am still thankful for the preaching that God gives us to go with His word. I struggle to not read study notes and commentaries when it pertains to a tough scripture, but preaching I love. Enough of all that :-)
I just finished the best of AW Tozer- Warren Wiersbe compiled and am currently reading Joel, and With Christ in the School of Prayer- Andrew Murray which I took stabs at before and never sunk into, but have thoroughly enjoyed this time. The Andrew Murray book needs to be read over and over. God bless you all, i love you and thanks! Barry

2008/2/8 7:03Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:
also am working on reading the bible through, how I've read in the past growing up has often read like this: Genesis through Deuteronomy, maybe a bit of 1st Samuel (David and Goliath), skip to Psalms and Proverbs, skip to Isaiah chapter 53, then on to the New Testament.

hey brother joe
how's it going man? i was just wondering if was a particular reason why you go through the bible in this way? why do you perfer to do it taking that particular route? what does it do for you??

there's no right or wrong way, i am just curious if there was a certain reason that i may not have thought of when reading God's word myself. :-)

anyways, have a good day,
phil

2008/2/8 8:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy