SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Sorry to rehash

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone,

Katy-Did, you said

"This has nothing to do with salvation..."

But what happened to Korah?

2008/1/19 8:55Profile

Re:

Quote:
But what happened to Korah?

The same thing that will happen to those who stand in the way of those whom God has called to preach the Gospel of salvation to the lost.

Those who constantly want to constantly bite and nip at the heels of the feet of those who are preaching the Gospel, by interjecting the Limited edition, stealing away the Word, turning it into a theological discussion.

Those with Korah are troublemakers!

Katy

2008/1/19 9:03
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Nothing to do with Calvin. Praise God for Calvin, even if he did not get all five right.
AT least he was martyred for Jesus Christ and not churchianity self indulgences.

Num 16:5 And he spake unto Korah and unto all his company, saying, Even to morrow the LORD will shew who [are] his, and [who is] holy; and will cause [him] to come near unto him: even [him] whom he hath chosen will he cause to come near unto him.

But whom He has chosen, will come, by His causation.

Not out of context but truth, it is God who chooses, not man. Because None would come by their own efforts. This He tried to show Korah, but they would not.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/1/19 14:17Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The only one that can top Arminius and Calvin is Paul, to cause such an uproar in the Church that we would dig deeper into the Word of God and search diligently seek the truth. Praise God He knows us well.

1 Corinthians 11:18-19 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Who do you think was approved at the time, Calvin our the corrupt indulgences laden church?

In Christ: Phillip

2008/1/19 15:08Profile

Re:

Phillip, Sorry, but your scripture in Numbers is taken out of context.

This discussion is not about one's call to ministry, but about salvation itself.

When Paul preached the Gospel, it was about Jesus Christ and Him Crucified. No additional information was needed that had to be added to grace plus nothing.

Confusing two different subjects only causes more confusion.

Korah doubted God's call on Moses to lead the children to the Promise Land.

God decided on the banks of the Jordan who would and wouldn't "enter in", because of their lack of faith, whinning and complaining along the way...called the provocation which is the subject dealing with THIS thread. Salvation!

Quote:
Who do you think was approved at the time, Calvin our the corrupt indulgences laden church?

Again, your talking about ministry, and Calvin was one of many of the Reformers. Why would it be either or? Maybe neither!

Quote:
1 Corinthians 11:18-19 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Israel as a whole was called to the Promised Land, promised to Abraham....and Here is God's Promise coming to pass, as Moses was called out to deliver them out of Egypt and into the Promised Land. Joshua and Caleb were then called out to bring them in.

Joshua is a type of Christ and He is the one who leads us into the Promised Land...ours being Christ Himself.

He Goes before, as He did at Calvary, and we follow....I am crucified with Christ, and raised up a New Creation in Christ Jesus.

The NT Church should believe in the individual priesthood of the believer, and salvation is a personal intimate relationship with Jesus Christ. We're not herded in as a group with the Catholic Church as the Head, or Calvin as the Head or anyone else as the Head.

Love in Christ
Katy

2008/1/19 16:32
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone,

Katy-Did, you said

"This discussion is not about one's call to ministry, but about salvation itself."

The Lord Jesus said

[b][color=660033]Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.[/color][/b]

and also

[b][color=660000] If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honor. [/color][/b]

2008/1/19 16:42Profile

Re:

Thank you ChrisJD!!

Bless you! You too agree it is a personal decision!! AMEN!!!!

If ANY MAN is absolutely correct! Whosoever will may follow me!

AMEN!!!

Katy

2008/1/19 17:12
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi Katy-Did,

"Whosoever will may follow me!"

Where did you read this?

Thanks.

2008/1/19 17:21Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
"Whosoever will may follow me!"

Since there is no Greek word for "whosoever", it is not wise to build theological doctrines around it.

Usually the verbs are indicating "the one/ones who..." It speaks of individuals that are doing the action described in the verb.

So in John 3:16, it would be "the one who believes/the believing ones will not perish.."

I still do not understand how any could make that passage a passage for a universal proposal, as the emphasis is not on the ones spoken of, but rather what they are doing that is leading to not perishing, which is believing.

I would however agree that whosoever will may come. However only those made willing will come.

Free will is a man pleasing myth. The will of all men is bound to their sinful desires, and until it is renewed, they will have no care whatsoever for Christ. They may love religion, and make up their own ways of approaching their idea of god, but it will not save them.

2008/1/19 19:37Profile

Re:

Quote:
Since there is no Greek word for "whosoever", it is not wise to build theological doctrines around it

Sorry Roaringlamb,
but not only is there a Hebrew word for whosoever, but Greek as well.

Also more then 200 plus times the word whosoever is used.

All one has to do is read the definition in strongs, along with teh scriptures using the word whosoever, and one can easily build a theological base around it.

Greek

3956 pas

all, any, every, whole, as many as, everyone, thoroughly...

Even a child can understand this.

Katy

PS: I would like to add that Jesus said you must have a child like faith to begin with, not a theological doctrine. That comes AFTER we come to salvation.

All that is required to begin with is a child like faith...God made it soooo simple.

The 10 commandments are very simple too. It exposes sin a 6 yuear old can understand, and points to Grace a child like faith can grasp.

Isn't God so wonderful he created man with the capacity to just have that!!! He'll do the rest folks.

You don't have to understand doctrine to receive salvation...just sin!

2008/1/19 22:39

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy