SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Let's unite for the cause of revival.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Let's unite for the cause of revival.

I was recently reading Psalm 85 and was overcome with a deep conviction to serve God for who He is, regardless of what my personal need is. Although this is something that I have always known with head knowledge, somehow I felt challenged to put this revelation into practice.
I was first led to join this site, after seeing a the on Finney's Lectures https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1617&forum=40&3. After hearing the heart of people like Greg, Robert Wurtz, Mike Balog and Chanin, I was deeply challenged to carry out a desire, birthed in my heart early this year, to pursue God in a way that I never had before.
In this adventure, I got to Lecture 3, and stepped further than before "into the looking glass" by examining the totality of the sin in my life in the light of scripture. However, I wimped out at the point of going to make restitution.
Around this time I asked a question on a forum on this site:
What does one ask for when he prays for revival? I've been hearing from day one of my 10 years in Christ to pray for revival, but few people there are to teach and train us how. I ernestly desire to see revival and be revived, but I don't want to just mentally assent to the idea, I need to see a move of God. Any thoughts?
Rahman turned me onto J. Edwin Orr and Martyn Lloyd Jones, who both deeply challenged me in this area of revival prayer. Orr particularly influenced me to take steps to come closer to the point of being used in this minitry of inercession for revival, with his first hand accounts of the revival in Brazil. He emphasised unity in purpose to see revival, insisting that the "mainline evangelical" denomination's ministers invite the local Assemblies of God pastor to join, in spite of them disassociating from him in the past.
My point is, there are alot of forums that strive to bring correction on doctrinal error, why not celebrate the things we agree on. Enough of this "bless you brother, you're truly a servant of God" when we agree, and "burn the heretic!" when we disagree. We're are all parts of one body, brethren in christ.
Let's believe God for a world-wide shaking in the spirit. Why not, He is in the habit of doing it when the world is most debase.
Feel free to post keys that God is giving you to pray about in this journey.
Yours in Christ
Az

2004/6/5 7:56Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: Visible Unity

The following are some thoughts on visible unity, as taught by J Edwin Orr. He sites this principle as a vital element to revival.
Enjoy :-).

Visible Unity
J. Edwin Orr

My ecumenism is a simple one. I want to have fellowship on earth, with all those with whom I will have fellowship in heaven. Some people think in black & white terms. The way I look at it is this:

I can unite with people with whom I can identify in all of my doctrines.
But I can co-operate with other christians with whom I disagree on non-essentials
And I can fellowship with other christians with whom I have more serious disagreements
And I can dialogue with non-christians

So if we think about it in concentric circles, remember in winning people to Christ, we can always co-operate. And in fellowship we can go beyond that.

2004/7/7 6:28Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re: Let's unite for the cause of revival.

Why leave out the true foundation of unity:
The formation of Christ in mind and spirit by the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit, including ability to identify Christ in another man.
No inner or outer circles needed.
Many more will be included on this groung and the dividing lines will be a lot sharper.
Lars

2004/7/7 6:45Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Huh???

2004/7/7 7:55Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

“So if we think about it in concentric circles, remember in winning people to Christ, we can always co-operate. And in fellowship we can go beyond that.”

The innermost circle in this case is ”Doctrine” – not relation based on common formation in spirit by the Spirit, a poor foundation for Christian testimony and evangelism.

And what do we have in the circles outside this doctrinal core – nothingness.

We certainly need an awakening as to what Jesus Christ brings us out from and then into.
Lars

2004/7/7 9:55Profile
revival9

Arizona, USA

Re:

Quote:
And what do we have in the circles outside this doctrinal core – nothingness. We certainly need an awakening as to what Jesus Christ brings us out from and then into.

Amen, brother Lars, that is heavy.
Quote:
Orr particularly influenced me to take steps to come closer to the point of being used in this minitry of inercession for revival... My point is, there are alot of forums that strive to bring correction on doctrinal error, why not celebrate the things we agree on. Enough of this "bless you brother, you're truly a servant of God" when we agree, and "burn the heretic!" when we disagree. We're are all parts of one body, brethren in christ.

Amen, brother Aaron, that is my heart too!

How many years I have wasted wrangling over words, worrying about doctrine, messing around with my faith (and everybody else's!) until I nearly destroyed it. If I had the last 22 years to do over, I would focus 100% on my relationship with Jesus Christ, soaking in His Word, and leave everything else go-hang.

It's not about doctrine, or what I do. It's me being put to death. It's me being DEAD!! And Jesus Christ living in my mortal body. If I'm not dead, He's not Lord. It's not a partnership arrangement!! Only NOW am I finding this out.

And I'm the happiest woman alive today!!!!!

Because He lives instead of me!!!

Anything which takes my eyes off this simple, profound fact, is a distraction and a heresy!

Jesus Christ came, not to help me live a better life! He came to kill me off!! He came to help me die!! But I recoil from death and want to insert many other things into Christianity, to avoid death!

In light of this year (2004) being the 100-year anniversary of the Welsh Revival and the first Sialkot Convention, I'm putting an ad in our local paper to see if there's any response.

No churches in our area are holding any kind of remembrance services that I know of. It's a sad commentary that a busy housewife with 9 kids ends up doing this stuff, but hey! I got the burden and maybe others do, too. Here's my ad:

[i]Revival: October 2004 marks the 100th anniversary of the Welsh Revival and the first Sialkot Convention in India. Find out what God did in Wales and India in 1904 --- the people He used --- the global impact. Prayer and discussion group forming. 345-6789.[/i]

I've wanted to do this for months and the want-to has increased past the point of endurance! I will keep you all posted as to what happens. The Lord is stirring up in me such a desire to tell people, He is giving me many resources and much happiness to do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Fred

2004/7/12 13:32Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

Dear Mrs. Fred,
This is certainly an initiative to cover in intense intercession and to copy in other settings.

"Revival: October 2004 marks the 100th anniversary of the Welsh Revival and the first Sialkot Convention in India. Find out what God did in Wales and India in 1904 --- the people He used --- the global impact. Prayer and discussion group forming."

2004/7/12 13:43Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
Revival: October 2004 marks the 100th anniversary of the Welsh Revival and the first Sialkot Convention in India. Find out what God did in Wales and India in 1904 --- the people He used --- the global impact. Prayer and discussion group forming.

Mrs. Fred,

Would be interested in joining your group if in the Phoenix area, let me know.

In Christ,

Ron

2004/7/12 16:38Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re: Let's unite for the cause of revival.

Heaven I believe wants us in his word,getting to know him better, better to tell others of who he is if we know him and have him in us. uniting without him in it is like playing ball with out the ball. and one must play and not sit on the side lines. the word tells us to have one spirit see with one eye having one goal. so I pray we lose our selves in him and not mans doctrine's. We have one Bible and many churches lord let us lose site of who we think we are and go after who you want to be in us as one body amen

2004/7/12 16:52Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

Jesus Christ came, not to help me live a better life! He came to kill me off!! He came to help me die!! But I recoil from death and want to insert many other things into Christianity, to avoid death!

Gulp!! That just says it all. Jesus let me die a little more each day.

2004/7/13 7:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy