SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Sabbath

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
I am curious how come Jesus never said " I am your Sabbath"?

Hebrews 10:14For by one offering he hath PERFECTED for ever them that are sanctified.

Oh but He did BlazedbyGod,

7 is that of perfection. Our Perfection came In Christ.

6 represents man.

Do you see how many times the number 7 us used in Scripture? If you were to study the significance of 7 compared to 6 you will be so blessed (hopefully).

Katy

2008/1/26 13:42
jayyou

Re:

Dear sister Katy-did,

Please allow me address your message written to me 2008/1/25 21:37:31.

You quoted something that I had said.

""""Doesn't that alone make you want to keep the Sabbath?""""

And then you went on by giving quite a few reasons why we as Christians should not have to keep the Seventh Day Sabbath.

I could reply to your message and show that all the texts that you gave me, in fact does not support your theory of the Sabbath, but that would not make any difference because most of us here do not want to learn, we want to teach.

But having said that I Want to point out something that you failed to address in your message to me.

You showed some texts in the bible that you believe set us free of the Sabbath keeping, and let's say for a moment that you are right,(which I believe you are not), We as Christians do not have to keep the Sabbath. Even though, I see the Seventh day as a delight, a period of 24 hours devoted to my spiritual life, and physical rest.
(please do not reply to me saying that by saying this I can live like a sinner the other six days, because this in not what the bible teach us, this is an argument of some that have no idea what they are talking about).

My Question to you Is......

According to Isaiah 56

Isaiah 56:1-2 "Keep justice, and do righteousness, For My salvation is about to come, And My righteousness to be revealed. 2 Blessed is the man who does this, And the son of man who lays hold on it; Who keeps from defiling the Sabbath, And keeps his hand from doing any evil."

Isaiah 56:3 Do not let the son of the foreigner Who has joined himself to the LORD Speak,

Here Isaiah is talking about me, I am a foreigner who joined myself to the Lord.
and here is my Blessing for keeping the Sabbath.

Isaiah 56:5 Even to them I will give in My house And within My walls a place and a name Better than that of sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name That shall not be cut off.

SHOW ME IN SCRIPTURES THAT THIS BLESSING IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR THOSE WHO KEEP THEMSELVES FROM DEFILING THE SABBATH?

The other blessing is this:

Isaiah 58:13-14 " If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath, From doing your pleasure on My holy day, And call the Sabbath a delight, The holy day of the LORD honorable, And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways, Nor finding your own pleasure, Nor speaking your own words, 14 Then you shall delight yourself in the LORD; And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth, And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father. The mouth of the LORD has spoken."

Here is another promise/blessing.

By calling the Sabbath a delight, this is what God told us.

Isaiah 58:14 And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth, And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.

AGAIN, SHOW ME IN SCRIPTURE THAT THIS PROMISE/BLESSING IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE TO US?

This is what I want to know from you.

You replied to my message, quoted something I said but failed to comment on that.

So here it is again.

Don't you want to put yourself in a position where you will benefit from the promises or blessing from these two text in Isaiah?

I definetely do............

AGAIN, THIS IS NOT ABOUT SHOULD WE OR SHOULD WE N OT KEEP THE SABBATH, BUT......

PROVE TO ME THAT THOSE BLESSINGS AND PROMISES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR THOSE WHO CONSIDER THE SABBATH A DELIGHT?

2008/1/26 13:56Profile
jayyou

Re:

Dear brother LOVEHIM.

I was reading the messages here and I came accross your message and I could not help but ask you a question.

Your message: Quote:

Exodus 31:16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a PERPETUAL covenant.

wherefore the children of who??
-------------------------------

You are saying that whatever law or commandment was only for Israel, Am I right?

I just have one question for you?

The bible talks about the New covenant in two places saying to whom it is for.....

Jeremiah 31:31 " Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah --

and then.

Hebrews 8:8 He says: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah --

My question to you is:

Where do you stand in this one?

Jesus said:

Matthew 26:28 "For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Now the New Covenant was made for Israel and the House of Judah as well.

So I repeat your words.

The sabbath was something perpetual to whom?

but also the new covenant was to whom?

I am yet to find in the bible a covenant for the Gentiles, care to help?

2008/1/26 14:11Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone.

I noticed this discussion is back again. It was going on a while ago and there was one person posting in particular, insisting that the seventh day sabbath was binding upon Christians.

They were posting under the name [b]jayme[/b], if memory serves me correct.

I noticed there is someone here posting under the name [b]jayyou[/b].

2008/1/26 14:30Profile

Re:

Quote:
Don't you want to put yourself in a position where you will benefit from the promises or blessing from these two text in Isaiah?

Actually the answer to that is NO!

Seek those things above and not below Colossians 3 is our instruction to the Church, the Body of Christ, and again Paul warns:

Philippians 3:18-20

18(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

19Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, [u][b]who mind earthly things. [/b][/u]
20For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

You see Jayyou, in seeking earthly blessings we are denying the Cross. Jesus didn't say, take up your earth and follow me, but take up your Cross and follow me.

Our blessings are in Heaven, and our Riches are the Riches of and in Christ Jesus.

What promises were to earthly Israel, and remaining promises to the Earthly Kingdom Reign do not apply to the Church.

WE are looking for a NEW Heaven and NEW Earth.

Quote:
By calling the Sabbath a delight, this is what God told us.

Everyday is a delight to me In Christ. You are worshiping a DAY, not the Lord of ALL days.

Katy

2008/1/26 14:35
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi jayyou,

Jayyou, you said

"Now the New Covenant was made for Israel and the House of Judah as well."

So what does that mean Jayyou, that we have to decide now which we are, Jews or Israelites?

There is one [b]new[/b] man.

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

Which promise was made before Israel was called as a nation.

"I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;"

- Isaiah chapter 42 verse 6(KJV)

Christ, the seed of the woman, and the Son of God.

2008/1/26 14:42Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

Katy-d

][b]WE are looking for a NEW Heaven and NEW Earth[/b]

Katy

Isaiah 66:22 For as the new heavens and the NEW EARTH, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one [b]SABBATH TO ANOTHER, shall ALL FLESH come to worship before me,[/b] saith the LORD. 24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

This is to take place where-in the new heavens AND THE NEW EARTH. :-)

2008/1/26 16:05Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi BlazedbyGod, how are you?

I noticed in the passage that you qouted here that you did not highlight also the phrase,

[i]from one new moon to another[/i]

How come?

2008/1/26 16:16Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

ChrisJD wrote:
Hi BlazedbyGod, how are you?

I noticed in the passage that you qouted here that you did not highlight also the phrase,

[i]from one new moon to another[/i]

How come?

Greetings Chris, I am well, how are you? Well because the name of this thread is "Sabbath"-that is the focus of this thread

2008/1/26 16:19Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi BlazedbyGod,

I'm alright thanks.

"Well because the name of this thread is "Sabbath"-that is the focus of this thread"

Right, but since you applied [i]this passage[/i] to the discussion of keeping the literal seventh day sabbath, I think this is a reasonable question to ask. If we're to understand this as the sabbath that was under the Law of Moses, should we also expect to observe new moons and feast days also?

Comparing scripture with scripture, maybe we should look at Revelation chapter 21 verses 23-25. What do you think?

Thanks,

Chris

2008/1/26 16:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy