SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 8

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
PosterThread
HeartSong

Re:

“Never did water leap from the crystal fountain with half such freeness and generous liberality as Grace flows from the heart of God! He gives
forth love, joy, peace and pardon—and He gives them as a king gives to a king! You cannot empty His treasury, for it is inexhaustible. He is not
enriched by withholding, nor is He impoverished by bestowing!”
[i]- Charles Haddon Spurgeon[/i]

2009/1/8 2:08Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

"We need to look resolutely away from the impossibilities and to the Lord. His help will come, though often it cannot break through to us until the last moment." Isobel K

2009/1/8 11:53Profile
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re:

Walking Bibles

"Give me understanding, and I will keep Your law
and obey it with all my heart." Psalm 119:34

Determine to PRACTICE whatever you read. Christians
should be walking Bibles, living the truths written. The
Word is not only a guide to knowledge, but a guide to
obedience. A holy reading of God’s Word, results in our
fleeing from sins, and practicing the duties commanded.

"I have kept my feet from every evil path so that I
might obey Your word." Psalm 119:101

Thomas Watson

2009/1/8 19:34Profile

Re:

"..Have you known anything of His voice? Ye will say, "If I were near such a one, I would know his voice." If you do not, you are yet far from Him. "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them and they follow me." What God speaks in this gospel is foolishness unto many; but those who are His sheep know His voice, and unto them this gospel is the wisdom and power of God. Could ye never lay claim unto that word, "It is the voice of my beloved that knocketh " I know whose voice it is. ‘Were ye never persuaded that this gospel was the most wise of all devices that ever was contrived, or thought upon to save sinners? This is to know His voice. You that count the preaching of the gospel babbling, ye are far from God in hearing of His voice, and but expect to stumble upon what ye hear concerning Him.
2) Know ye His face? Who is he that says, "Stay till I be near unto Him, and then perhaps I shall know Him"? But if ye do not know His face, ye are far from Him. And yet I am persuaded that there are many hearing me, that know not what I mean. But pose yourselves, Know ye anything of the difference between the smiles and frowns of God; or what it is to have your and souls warmed with the heat and light of His countenance? Hath ever your soul been made to weep within you with His love? If not, it is a bad token; for the people of God know His face; whenever they hear Him named, their affections go out after Him.
3) What dealings have ye in your ordinary way and walk with God? Do ye acknowledge Him in all your ways? He knows the wicked afar off, and hath no dealings with them. Do ye venture nothing without God's counsel? Do you keep your eye upon Him in your ordinary business? And do ye give an account of it unto Him? If it is so, it is well. But if ye have no mind of God; only when ye put on your clothes, and wash your hands, it may be ye retire a little in secret, and then lose any thought you might have had of Him all the day long; that is a bad token that ye are far from God: and if death shall meet with you in this situation, your hearts shall be roughly handled by it..."

-William Guthrie

2009/1/11 22:26
HeartSong

Re:

As rivers, the nearer they come to the ocean whither they tend, the more they increase their waters, and speed their streams; so will grace flow more fully and freely in its near approaches to the ocean of glory.

— John Owen

2009/1/12 1:29Profile

Re:

"O God, please give me three wounds; the wound of contrition and the wound of compassion and the wound of longing after God. I ask this without condition, Father; do what I ask and then send me the bill. Anything that it costs will be all right with me."

Lady Julian

2009/1/12 17:33
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"A tiny group of believers who have the gospel keep mumbling it over and over to themselves. Meanwhile, millions who have never heard it once fall into the flames of eternal hell without ever hearing the salvation story."
- K.P. Yohannan

2009/1/13 1:08Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"Only a life of prayer and meditation will render a vessel ready for the Master's use." George Mueller

2009/1/13 13:03Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"Truly, it is worth being poor and greatly tried in faith for the sake of having day by day such precious proofs of the loving interest that our kind Father takes in everything that concerns us. And how could our Father do otherwise? He, who has given us the greatest possible proof of His love that He could have done in giving us His own Son, surely will with Him also "freely give us all things" (Rom. 8:32)." George Mueller

2009/1/14 11:56Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"It is our duty not to not only hold fast, but to hold forth the Word of life; not only to hold fast for our own benefit, but to hold it forth for the benefit of others, to hold it forth as the candlestick holds forth the candle, which makes it appear to advantage all around, or as the luminaries of the heavens, which shed their influences far and wide." Matthew Henry (Phil. 2:15)

2009/1/15 12:17Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy