SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : "Desiring the 'gifts' of The Spirit"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: "Desiring the 'gifts' of The Spirit"

This is truly a pity that you men have decided not to listen to a plea from a sister for the Body to be One in His Love and that HE would be allowed to Increase by our decreasing.

That's all this was "about".

2008/1/19 22:39
pastorfrin

Re: Controversy!

ChrisJD,
Speaking of controversy;
I have hesitated for some time on commenting as not to cause controversy.
I have noticed on several threads as of late that you have been well practiced at playing the thorn in the flesh. May I suggest you find a place in your prayer closet and seek the Lord as to what ‘spirit’ you are operating in and allow the discussions between those who wish to do so to continue. I believe all, including you would benefit.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2008/1/19 23:03Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi pastorfrin,

Thank you for your counsel. I will do so. and please do tell me if the Lord has revealed something to you. And also I would like if you could write me and let me know where you think I have been out of line.

Thank you,

Chris

2008/1/19 23:23Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

pastorfrin wrote:
ChrisJD,
Speaking of controversy;
I have noticed on several threads as of late that you have been well practiced at playing the thorn in the flesh.
In His Love
pastorfrin

Lord have mercy! I think we all at some point have been a thorn in the flesh here, I have just never heard of someone using the term "well practiced" how well do you have to practice to be a thorn in the flesh? I think to some, someone might appear to be a thorn but to others that same so called thorn might just be someone who also deserves the right to hold on to there God given right to what they believe just like any other Brother or Sister here has the right to, without being called a thorn. I personally have seen a few thorns here and after I gave them a chance to let them explain what the Spirit of truth is saying to them ended up being a Blessing to me. If we can't possibly understand it all anyway "God said that" I didn't it has to become opinions anyway at some point and how can we justify calling someone a thorn when after all it all really boils down to opinions after a while anyway, heck with that example we all are thorns. :-)

2008/1/19 23:36Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

pastorfrin wrote:
May I suggest you find a place in your prayer closet and seek the Lord as to what ‘spirit’ you are operating in and allow the discussions between those who wish to do so to continue. I believe all, including you would benefit.

In His Love
pastorfrin

I believe all, including you would benefit, I agree with you there Brother on the "ALL" would benefit. :-)

2008/1/19 23:46Profile
psalm1

Re:

I also apologize for any harm to my brethren....
My points are just "points"
And i dont know how in the world my size 12 shoe fits completely in my mouth but ....it does!

David

2008/1/19 23:52Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

psalm1 wrote:
My points are just "points"
David

Well Brother Dave thats the attitude your points are just "points" well rather anyone else wants to believe this or not everyone else's points are just points also, unless of course there God then there points are the absolute Truth. :-)

2008/1/19 23:58Profile
psalm1

Re:

bro Bill, something comical.......I just realized a thread on the "gifts".....sometimes its ironic that whats preached seems best for someone besides ourselves. Can you imagine strife over the subject of the gifts?....thats hilarious.
I think I will go get some help with this beam.........[the one in my eye]

David

2008/1/20 0:10Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Is there a such thing as the gift of Strife? if so we all probably have held that gift once in life, hey I am not ashamed to admit I have probably held that gift before, if there was one. :-P

2008/1/20 0:17Profile

Re:

Quote:

MrBillPro wrote:

Chris, read my signature line and it will explain that "NO ONE" understands its all perfectly, so sometimes rather we want to believe it or not it becomes opinions. I am sure we all try our best in good faith to explain things the best we can as to what we believe the Spirit of truth speaks to us, but even explaining it the best we can has to end up in a happy medium of opinion and truth, because even God tells us we will never totally understand it all. We should at some point learn to humble ourselves and not necessarily admit defeat because this should not be like a competition but meet each other half way if at all possible, because if we can't possibly totally understand it all anyway "God said that I did not", we should use this as a form of teaching even ourselves through others opinions and beliefs and with an open mind of understanding. Sometimes it's better here to just drop out of some discussions "trust me" than let the discussion get carried away to were it might cause some animosity, because if that happens it becomes a no win situation anyway, because at that point it doesn't matter who is right or wrong it does not Glorify God so we all lose even God.

Amen Bro Bill

I'm bewildered even by the use of the word "controversy" here, and want to ask, "[i]What[/i] controversy?".

Different ways of looking at things certainly - why not, because we are all different! But that isn't controversy.

I did wonder if some would take up the only major cause of controversy re spiritual gifts, by bringing up the cessationist viewpoint. But discussing, or even arguing, abot that aspect need not be destructive in itself.

But we haven't even had that controversy on this thread (or not so's you'd notice). A few misunderstandings can be ironed out if we are willing to dialogue instead of accuse!

in Him

Jeannette

2008/1/20 8:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy