SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Rebuilding the Walls

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

MrBillPro wrote:
Quote:

glorytoglory wrote:
I think some talk about Joel more than Jesus.

If not Joel sure is running a very close second.:-)

poet, That was a "very" powerful statement thank you
very much for your, humble, honest,and sincere words.

This is a very powerful statement:
I should have confronted the man face to face.
And not talk about it to other people.

Amen, and if he neglects to hear him how few there are that take two or three and so on...How much damage can be avoided for both sides if things are done orderly!

2007/12/21 22:31

Re:

Like I was saying christians need to understand the difference between gossip and protecting the flock of God.

Is it gossip to say there are Seventh Day Adventist on this site? No, that's a fact.Is it gossip to say that some Christians like Leonard Ravenhill, some like to talk about politics, some are more prone to getting out of order, some people on this board are impatient, some are patient, some are more theologically sound, some are not, some like to post articles of theologians, others perfer the word of God only, some like both? Do you get my point?

[b][color=0000FF]This is not gossip this is a fact.[/color][/b]

When another Christian needs to be disciplined in the church it's a much deeper problem than what I just listed of course! If someone on this board were teaching heresy and we all knew it was heresey do we not all say something? If the person refuses to stop do not the moderators warn them and eventually delete thier post or their account?

If this person is a close friend of theirs should it make a difference whether or not the person should be dealt with? No, that would be hypocrisy and I'm sure the moderators would agree.

These are important issues and something we need to think about.

If someone is interested in a church or another websight and I know there are major problems should I not say something when I know that those in that ministry have been told but do not care? That they have made it publically known that they do not care? Would that be gossip? No.

Should we never comment on anything and lock every thread that mentions any happenings in other churches or ministries?

Everything needs to be done decently and in order. We're not just accountable for the things that we do were accountable for the things that we don't do or prevent others from doing.

2007/12/22 5:28
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi glorytoglory...

It would have probably been better for you to speak to Greg (SermonIndex) about this issue IN PRIVATE -- before you began speaking about it in a public forum. He closed that particular thread for a reason. Have you considered his reasons? Have you even asked?

Even though you may not agree with the reasons that he gave you privately (if indeed you spoke with him), Greg is still the Administrator of this website. Whether or not you agree with this decision is about as relevent as my desire to walk into a local Church this Sunday and [u]force[/u] a discussion about something that I feel is important. It simply is not my place to discuss such an issue if the leaders don't feel that it is the time or place.

In my opinion, your Scriptural anecdote about "[i]Church discipline[/i]" just doesn't seem very relevent in regard to this issue. First of all, it doesn't appear that you have actually gone to this brother and discussed this issue at length with him (remember...there is a difference between a personal discussion in the face and a typed discussion).

Secondly, I'm not certain as to this brother's [i]true[/i] feelings about those issues. Sometimes, our words and beliefs get [i]lost in translation[/i]. I remember an instance where a brother here at SermonIndex disagreed with me and accused me of being a Seventh Day Adventist (although I consider that sect a cult -- and have never attended nor embraced their doctrine). This particular brother tried to "read between the line" with his "gift of suspicion." Even after trying to clarify my beliefs, this brother seemed quite closed. I'm not saying that this is the case, but it is simply something to consider.

Finally, I'm not sure that we would be fulfilling this particular Scriptural anecdote by discussing this brother (and his website) here. How is this going [u]to[/u] the brother with our concerns?

I understand how it can be construed as [i]gossip[/i] -- even though I don't believe this was your intent at all. Personally, I am neither part of the problem nor a willing or acceptable part of the solution. I don't know the brother very well -- and certainly not well enough to "read between the lines" concerning his doctrinal views. I've never visited the website in question. Sometimes, our views are quite different than the ones we present or type (even though they clearly seem to indicate one thing or another). I think that it would be better to simply speak privately with that brother. If you are really concerned, then go visit him and his wife with those concerns. If you aren't willing to do this, then why feel the need to air this in a public, online forum? If after this visit you still have a vital, legitimate concern, why not contact this brother's pastor (or other Scriptural authorities in his life)?

Greg, Mike, at el, are wonderful brethren -- but they are concerned with what is presented HERE (on SermonIndex). They cannot become the "[i]doctrine police[/i]" concerning the discussions at another website. Their legal authority is limited in scope to this web community, even though we might consider their wisdom important elsewhere.

:-)

By the way, you could feel free to discuss the doctrinal issues in question. This might be a little more relevent and productive for those who frequent these forums.

2007/12/22 7:51Profile

Re:

Quote:

ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:
Hi glorytoglory...

It would have probably been better for you to speak to Greg (SermonIndex) about this issue IN PRIVATE -- before you began speaking about it in a public forum. He closed that particular thread for a reason. Have you considered his reasons? Have you even asked?

Even though you may not agree with the reasons that he gave you privately (if indeed you spoke with him), Greg is still the Administrator of this website. Whether or not you agree with this decision is about as relevent as my desire to walk into a local Church this Sunday and [u]force[/u] a discussion about something that I feel is important. It simply is not my place to discuss such an issue if the leaders don't feel that it is the time or place.

In my opinion, your Scriptural anecdote about "[i]Church discipline[/i]" just doesn't seem very relevent in regard to this issue. First of all, it doesn't appear that you have actually gone to this brother and discussed this issue at length with him (remember...there is a difference between a personal discussion in the face and a typed discussion).

Secondly, I'm not certain as to this brother's [i]true[/i] feelings about those issues. Sometimes, our words and beliefs get [i]lost in translation[/i]. I remember an instance where a brother here at SermonIndex disagreed with me and accused me of being a Seventh Day Adventist (although I consider that sect a cult -- and have never attended nor embraced their doctrine). This particular brother tried to "read between the line" with his "gift of suspicion." Even after trying to clarify my beliefs, this brother seemed quite closed. I'm not saying that this is the case, but it is simply something to consider.

Finally, I'm not sure that we would be fulfilling this particular Scriptural anecdote by discussing this brother (and his website) here. How is this going [u]to[/u] the brother with our concerns?

I understand how it can be construed as [i]gossip[/i] -- even though I don't believe this was your intent at all. Personally, I am neither part of the problem nor a willing or acceptable part of the solution. I don't know the brother very well -- and certainly not well enough to "read between the lines" concerning his doctrinal views. I've never visited the website in question. Sometimes, our views are quite different than the ones we present or type (even though they clearly seem to indicate one thing or another). I think that it would be better to simply speak privately with that brother. If you are really concerned, then go visit him and his wife with those concerns. If you aren't willing to do this, then why feel the need to air this in a public, online forum? If after this visit you still have a vital, legitimate concern, why not contact this brother's pastor (or other Scriptural authorities in his life)?

Greg, Mike, at el, are wonderful brethren -- but they are concerned with what is presented HERE (on SermonIndex). They cannot become the "[i]doctrine police[/i]" concerning the discussions at another website. Their legal authority is limited in scope to this web community, even though we might consider their wisdom important elsewhere.

By the way, you could feel free to discuss the doctrinal issues in question. This might be a little more relevent and productive for those who frequent these forums.

I really wish you had not of drug that other thread into this one. That thread was closed. [b][color=0000FF]This is a whole different thread.[/color][/b]

2007/12/22 8:35

Re:

Quote:

glorytoglory wrote:
Quote:

ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:
Hi glorytoglory...

I really wish you had not of drug that other thread into this one. That thread was closed. [b][color=0000FF]This is a whole different thread.[/color][/b]

Aside from the other thread that I do not want to talk about because it has been locked, if we were to do everything that you described here as far as discussing anything that is going on in the body of Christ we would not be able to discuss anything. We would have to lock every thread just about on this board.

This is why I started this thread because we need to understand what is the difference between something that needs to be addressed and something that does not. [b]This is not a board issue this is a church issue. I think this is where things are getting misconstrued.[/b]

The only thing I do want to say about the other thread is that things were totally misinterpreted which was partly my fault. I usually word things better but I was tired after working all day. I raised an issue I felt the Lord wanted me to raise and I did.[b]I said nothing wrong and that I am assured of.[/b] But that thread is locked so I have nothing else to say about that.

2007/12/22 9:27

Re:

Quote:

ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:

So do you think we should not talk about Joel Olsteen or anyone else for that matter? What if we have gone to our brother in private and have than taken 2 or 3 with us should we still not take it to the church than?? What is your idea of handling matters in the church according to Matthew 18:16-17? Do you think it's a big mistake on our part to talk about Joel Olsteen's beliefs, ministry ect...? Seriously I really would like to hear how we are suppose to attend to matters that get out of hand in the church.

Matthew 18:16-17

16But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

17And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church:

2007/12/23 16:15

Re:

Do you think there should be special treatment if they are your friends and if it is someone you do not know personally than it doesn't matter? Wouldn't that be hypocrisy? Seriously???

2007/12/23 16:37
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

glorytoglory wrote:

The way I personally interrupt that scripture is tell it unto the church, I think this means the actual Church the Pastor ministers at, not the whole world church, but that is just my opinion. ;-)

2007/12/23 16:37Profile

Re:

Quote:

MrBillPro wrote:
Quote:

glorytoglory wrote:

The way I personally interrupt that scripture is tell it unto the church, I think this means the actual Church the Pastor ministers at, not the whole world church, but that is just my opinion. ;-)

If that is the case than we should not be talking about any man's ministry, beliefs ect.. and these other threads would all have to be locked such as Joel Olsteen ect...We would have to personally confront every prosperity preacher on the face of the earth before we could talk about thier ministry to anyone on this board.

Do you think than we should not be talking about another man's faulty beliefs until we have talked to them first, taken two or three with us and than the church.

You said take it to the pastor but maybe the pastor doesn't agree with you. That is not what Jesus said to do. He said take two or three with you not the pastor although you could take the pastor if he was in agreement.

2007/12/23 17:20

Re:

I really think this is what the church in America is lacking and that is discipline. The Lord disciplines those whom He loves. The bible says if you do not discipline your own child than you hate them. When it is done in love it's a good thing. I would have no problem with someone correcting me in love, just make sure your right. When it is done in love and orderly than this is pleasing to God. Sure it's humbling but would you rather leave them in pride and ignorance? If they are defiant anyway would you rather leave them in their defiance and pretend they have done nothing because you don't want to be bothered or lose their friendship? Have we gained anything by doing this?

Than we have to think about which sins do you confront, obviously heresy would be one of them for instance.

Because it is such a sensitive thing to have to deal with I understand that christians do not want to go there but we are as a church facing these things everyday.

I don't enjoy it, it's not something meant to enjoy. How do you move forward though if you are facing these things?

2007/12/23 17:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy