Omaha, NE

SOMETHING MIKE HUCKABEE SAID

The G.O.P. is not spelled G-O-D.
If the G.O.P. ever leaves G-O-D,
it will lose m-e.

MIKE HUCKABEE :-o

2007/12/5 22:40Profile

Re: SOMETHING MIKE HUCKABEE SAID

Well said and me too. I was a democrat years ago until they embraced abortion and homosexual marriage as party platform and started trying to silence every reference of the Lord and HIS WORD from the public square and aligning themselves with all that did such. I didn't leave them they left me. I am not ashamed to say why I left and why. I would be ashamed to say I was still there.

2007/12/7 18:47

Re:

In HIS WORDS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-BFEhkIujA

2007/12/20 11:13
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

*Politics

We have found it necessary to curtail political discussion here for a variety of reasons. It is primarily out of step with the manner and thrust of Sermon Index in it's intention and we have found little good to come from an allowance of things based politically into the discussions. It is unfortunate, but the results have shown that policy and pundits of secular government are divisive enough inherently and while that is neither here nor there, it is again that which would have little to do with this sites intentions. Moreover, where we have allowed it in the past it is almost always that of the Western hemisphere and largely American politics that wish to be argued over. This is a ministry borne out of Canada and gone out into all the world, rarely has the politics of other nations been brought forth for discussion and overall very little of it has to do with spiritual attributes. For these reasons we ask you to not bring forth political matters.

It is inevitable that with an allowance of items and issues effecting us all by that which is happening in this present world that attributes of a political nature will creep in, this is understood. However, we will keep a very close eye on these things and may ask you to stop midstream or lock a posting if in our discretion we feel that it is out of place in the forum.

2007/12/20 11:18Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:

MrBillPro wrote:
*Politics

We have found it necessary to curtail political discussion here for a variety of reasons. It is primarily out of step with the manner and thrust of Sermon Index in it's intention and we have found little good to come from an allowance of things based politically into the discussions. It is unfortunate, but the results have shown that policy and pundits of secular government are divisive enough inherently and while that is neither here nor there, it is again that which would have little to do with this sites intentions. Moreover, where we have allowed it in the past it is almost always that of the Western hemisphere and largely American politics that wish to be argued over. This is a ministry borne out of Canada and gone out into all the world, rarely has the politics of other nations been brought forth for discussion and overall very little of it has to do with spiritual attributes. For these reasons we ask you to not bring forth political matters.

It is inevitable that with an allowance of items and issues effecting us all by that which is happening in this present world that attributes of a political nature will creep in, this is understood. However, we will keep a very close eye on these things and may ask you to stop midstream or lock a posting if in our discretion we feel that it is out of place in the forum.

What?

2007/12/20 11:22Profile

Re:

I agree with Bill...

Let me just say, regardless of what anyone thinks of Huckabee... he has consistantly take a strong stand of faith in his public life. It's refreshing.

Politics has caused more division on this forum than any other topic I can think of.

Krispy

2007/12/20 11:29
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

So if Mike Huckabee came on SI and started to post something we would just "lock his post"?

Granted, SI is not a political site, but politics do play roles in many topics. To discount all would be the wrong move in my opinion. But, that is just my opinion, if SI wants to have no politics talked about on this site, I will submit to that.
:-)

2007/12/20 11:48Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

What I posted was right out of the SI rule book
it wasn't something I wrote. :-)

2007/12/20 12:02Profile

Re:

If one has a problem with listened to another in any situation proclaim the name of Jesus I would have to ask what leg or who whose leg one has to stand on.

The latest effort to spread the idea that religion has no place in the public square comes as a response to a TV spot produced by presidential candidate Mike Huckabee.

I urge you to watch the two video clips I have placed in this e-mail. First, is the ad by former Governor Huckabee wishing people a Merry Christmas. Click here to watch the 30-second ad.

Next, is a clip from the Today Show (Dec. 18), hosted by Meredith Vieira, on which Governor Huckabee was a guest. Vieira opens the interview talking about how some say the ad is sending an overt religious appeal to voters.

Some have become so openly hostile to the Christian faith that they are upset when a candidate simply wishes viewers Merry Christmas and mentions that --after all-- Christmas is the day Christians celebrate the birth of Christ.

The governor is accused of putting a cross in the background of his ad. The 'cross' they find offensive is nothing more than a bookcase. The critics say also the three lights stand for the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit! What is disappointing is that the media grabs such a concoction and makes big news out of this ad.

To me, these accusations are utterly silly, and biased. Watch the clip from the Today Show. There are those who feel that nothing religious, especially wishing people Merry Christmas, should be made by anyone seeking public office. That is the attitude of those who want to drive religion from the public square.

2007/12/20 12:05

Re:

Quote:
Granted, SI is not a political site, but politics do play roles in many topics. To discount all would be the wrong move in my opinion. But, that is just my opinion, if SI wants to have no politics talked about on this site, I will submit to that.

I think you're missing the point... it isnt politics in and of itself that is the problem. It's the inability of a lot of folks here (and I include myself in this at times) to discuss politics in an open forum like this without it becoming a [b]huge[/b] divisive fight. That is what Greg is trying to avoid.

Krispy

2007/12/20 12:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy