SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ron Luce, Teen Mainia Ministry, Any Testimonies

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
LiveforGod

Re:

Quote:
The blinders come off. They suddenly realize they do not need these lame functions; they discover that quiet time with the Word of God and the Holy Spirit is all they need.

Well put my dear brother, all we need is God the rest is trivial. NO wonder so many are turned from the road that leads to salvation, because they start to loose sight of God and start looking at men and what they have to say instead of what God has to say. God bless

2007/11/19 19:33Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

These men love God. John Piper is one the most God fearing men I know of. He is one of pastor that Change my life. In prayer and in a hunger for God. Only thing he teach is truth and Gods word. He is a brother in Christ who loves God very much, and has many life changeing words from God.

As for Passion, when I got saved I went a event called One day. 6 others went with me, as for and a few others it change us for life. It wasn't a whole group of people getting together is all God centered. there was much prayer, godly speakers. They had reading of the word for 24/7 for two days. And we prayed many times together. I can still reminder some of things they spoke on. I think at that time in my life, it hit me hard. I know that these love God, and everything done behind stage is done with honor.
This event has much prayer going into it, I am sure God will use it in many ways in hearts of those going.

I have never been to a passion event,
Don't be quick to judge it, they may have things that are not right, but really was everything at revile conf perfect no. I think are right think about,

Why would you Go? what are looking for?
what is important if you go?
The leaders who run it is that important. If they pray and read, being they live what they preach? If so who are the leaders? Are true to there words? Do act with Honor and honest.
Are they men of prayer, seeking God. Do they fear God and seeking do as he calls?
What role does the leader have in a Event?

If a leader is important, then what are you looking for?

what about how things are ran? is what we are looking at, much money goes into it. Does the money used show if it honors God or not., Or is the way the money is used? There can be pride is the little use of it, or a lot of money.
Is money the thing you look at.

Or is who is worshiping? what if it is big name, then would be they are not honoring God in that time? What make worship honoring to Christ? They prayer and hearts of those leading that time?

What about prayer in the event, does it matter if they prayer before, with others? What if there is little prayer, would that make a difference? What importance id prayer in a event, that you would look for? Or is the heart of those who are praying?

What about those who are speaking, who are they do they fear God? Are going to speak Gods word?

and what is there end goal?

Is things done in honor of God, or is dishonor?
is there honesty and truth or lies?

Lots of question why or why not to go to a conf.
In his love
charlene

2007/11/19 19:58Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Brothers,

the only fire that young people or old people need to aquire is the Holy Spirit sent down from above.

This world's philosophers, its magicians, its entertainers, its con-artists, its seducers, its carnival workers and mind altering-manipulaters, they can all keep their strange fires to themselves.

2007/11/20 0:28Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
the only fire that young people or old people need to aquire is the Holy Spirit sent down from above.

Amen. You study the Word and see that true fire [i]comes down[/i], whereas strange fire is [i]offered up[/i]. You'll also see that the fire of God [i]comes down on sacrifices.[/i] A preparation is necessary, a consecration, a laying of the pieces on an altar of offering prior to an expectation of God moving. The Word shows us God's true fire does not come haphazardly, at the behest of empty-handed priests flaunting barren altars.

Also, the sacrifical offering must be one approved by God. A priest couldn't cut up a camel and lay it on the altar and expect the consuming flames of God to fall. A vulture's head couldn't be twisted off in place of a turtledove's. Strange fire, on the other hand, accepts all these kinds of unlawful sacrifices, for it embodies lawlessness, and strange fire will even accept no sacrifice at all.

All that is needed for a profane manifestation in the realm of soul is the right kind of "work-up" device, the right kind of censer and incense and priestly garb and words. The familiar ritual needs to jibe with the authentic. I'm sure Nadab and Abihu invoked the Name of Jehovah in Leviticus 10 as they swung their censers.

2007/11/20 11:32Profile

Re:

Quote:

PaulWest wrote:
Quote:

Amen.

Acquire the fire??? Are they not saved?

2007/11/20 11:49
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Brother Paul, appreciate what you shared!

"true fire comes down"

2007/11/20 20:55Profile

Re:

Brothers, I plan on taking some of the quotes and incredible wisdom shared on this thread and placing them on a tract that will be custom made for the ATF event here in Detroit. These events are increible harvest fields for false converts and kids who have grown up in their parents powerless form of religion and want the real thing.

Last year we were able to pass out over a hundred cd's I believe with Paul Washer, Ray Comfort messages and some compilation cd's on top of countless tracts at ATF.

I don't wish to talk about the actual event which grieved me so much, but these are great mission fields if anyone feels led.

In Christ - Jim

2007/11/20 21:01
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Brother Paul, appreciate what you shared!

Dear brother, and I thank you for all [i]you[/i] share here. Mike Compton is right; your heart for God is an inspiration to us all, your Christlike demeanor is always refreshing. I count myself blessed to know you in these forums.

Brother Paul

2007/11/20 21:04Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Rookie...

I wrote this in the other thread about this topic.

Six times as both a teen and an adult, I have traveled on missions to the indigenous Tarahumara within the rugged and pine covered mountains of the Sierra Madre Occidental in Chihuahua, Mexico. This was a tremendous experience. However, it was quite a bit of work! We worked from before the sun came up until after the sun went down.

I traveled with a non-denominational minister from Texas. He gathers doctors, carpenters, skilled workers, interpreters and volunteers to travel in either late October/early November or in the summer. It is an exciting time -- and every person is expected to contribute. We are expected to contribute via hard work and in verbal ministry (whether sharing their testimony or one-on-one evangelism).

Each trip usually involves some sort of building project (a church building, a well, a school, a clinic, etc...), medical projects (vaccinations, dental work, etc...), and educational/philanthropic work. Those who go are asked to raise the funds in order to help complete this task. It can cost upwards to several hundred dollars, and we end up "roughing it" in terms of accomidations. I have usually slept on floors or outside (or if you are particularly blessed, inside of a vehicle). There are almost no opportunities for a shower during these 10-14 day trips, and the food is mostly confined to camp food.

I have also gone on several easy "border trips" in Mexico. More times than not, these trips are almost "tourist-like" in nature as they are confined mostly to the poverty regions along the border. We usually are allowed just a little time of evangelism in areas already saturated with the Gospel. While these might have some merit, they aren't exactly my idea of true "ministry" in terms of sharing the Gospel. While those trips are far easier in regard to accomidations and work, I never found them as fulfilling as the more difficult trips into the mountains.

The Tarahumara were so receptive of the Gospel. They literally live in caves high in the mountains and far from normal Mexican civilization. There is no electricity, no running water, and the people live much like they would have a thousand years ago. Most do not speak Spanish, and most have never traveled beyond the rugged mountains that our 4x4s have taken us. They are animists who believe in many different gods. In those difficult trips into Mexico, I have seen many people (including adults and fellow teenagers) who felt that their lives were immeasurably changed by these difficult missionary trips. I know several of the young adults who actually went back and stayed working at these locations for six months!

Anyway, I recommend that you find a good ministry to work with (yes, work with). The tourist-like "quick evangelism excursions" that are often reflective of large "safe" ministries are okay, but I have always found the purpose-intrinsic trips to be far more fulfilling.

:-)

P.S. - I have several friends who have participated with "Global Expeditions." Each of their stories were similar. They complained of an extremely "structured" mission setting with quite a few participants who don't go for the right reasons. Each returned with mixed emotions, complaining that the expedition "could have been better if..."

2007/11/21 0:33Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Chris wrote:

Quote:
P.S. - I have several friends who have participated with "Global Expeditions." Each of their stories were similar. They complained of an extremely "structured" mission setting with quite a few participants who don't go for the right reasons. Each returned with mixed emotions, complaining that the expedition "could have been better if..."

I have been to men's retreats where this has been true for many also. Yet, in the midst of this frustration I have been grown by God in many ways that I had not anticipated prior to the retreat.

I have been considering sending my son who will be turning 15 in April, to one of these mission trips. We are considering sending him for a month to Peru or Argentina. So it might be good that there is considerable "structure" in place, at least for my son who has never been away from us for more than a 4 days.

Your brother in Christ
Jeff

2007/11/21 0:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy