Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Those that rob widows

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
rowdy2

Southern USA

Those that rob widows

Many continue trying to reach the Kingdom of Heaven by robbing or being in league with those that rob widows as pious works. They make a hypocritical display of virtue attempting to do almighty God's work. What part of the Power Of Almighty God Creator of Heaven and Earth can't hypocrites understand. You are required to help the poor and If you don’t know any poor people then stop hanging out with the wrong crowd and in the wrong places. Serve the Kingdom of God all the time, every minute, every hour and every day.
I ask you, I plead with you to stop giving your support to any earthly organizations who in the name of God ask for money. Often all you have to show for it is a pious glare toward the poor and a cold heart toward the unlovable. Who are they serving? What is providing the power? Are they serving the root of evil or God. Don’t perpetuate the sinful display of greed we see over the airways of this country in the name of Our Heavenly Father. Give your love and money to the poor and you want have money leftover to perpetuate this practice. There is enough money in religion but the lack of love is astounding.
Give all you have cheerfully if it is what you purposed in your heart but only if you are motivated by the love and charity in your Christian Heart. In the days Jesus taught in the flesh, He said to give your money to Caesar because it had his likeness on it. Give to God that which was made in the image of God, (you) if your Father has replaced your old heart of covetness and greed with a new heart of love and charity.

2007/11/16 17:25Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Those that rob widows

"There is enough money in religion but the lack of love is astounding."

"Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, [i]see that ye[/i] love one another with a pure heart fervently:"

- 1Peter chapter 1 verse 22(KJV)

[i]...a pure heart fervently[/i]

"He that oppresseth the poor reproacheth his Maker: but he that honoreth him hath mercy on the poor."

- Proverbs chapter 14 verse 31(KJV)

2007/11/18 18:49Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

"For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus...

...That no [i]man[/i] go beyond and defraud his brother in [i]any[/i] matter: because that the Lord [i]is[/i] the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified."

- 1 Thessalonians chapter 4 verses 2 and 6(KJV)

"But ye have despised the poor..."

- James chapter 2 verse 6(KJV)

"He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his Holy Spirit. But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another."

- 1Thessalonians chapter 4 verses 8-9(KJV)

2007/11/18 19:04Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

Stampe wrote

The Tithe - A shadow of things to come...
Dear Brethren,
"I am writing this post testify of what happened when I sought the face of the Lord for understanding and revelation.

I have been brought up to believe that every believer is to tithe 10 percent of their income, lest they be cursed of God, and this is what passed on to other believers. However, in a search for more understanding and more scriptures to prove the point of tithing, I got a bit confused. As I searched all the scriptures concerning tithing, it did not seem to strengthen the case for tithing, but rather to weaken it. I decided not to go deeper and put it aside for a while, thinking that this was a matter to high for me...

...However, on many occasions I felt the Holy Spirit nudging my heart to seek more understanding concerning this complex matter, and so I did. One day, as I was in agony about the whole thing, I got on my knees and I asked the Lord: "Lord, what is the tithe?". Now I wasn't asking to find out if the tithe was 10 percent brutto or netto or anything like that, but I was seeking God in honesty as a child that knew nothing, but so desperately wanted to get an answer from my Father.

The answer came immediately. God said: "A shadow of things to come". As God said that, a floodgate of understanding literally exploded in my heart. Suddenly I began to see how the law and the prophets prophesied about Jesus, how it all spoke of Him and pointed to Him.

Not only was the tithe fulfilled in Him and by Him, because He is that first part that sanctifies the rest, but He is also the fulfilment of the first fruit, every animal sacrifice, He is the fulfilment of the blessing of the firstborn etc. All these things were only types and shadows pointing to Him, but in themselves they did not bring perfection. Now that Christ has come, we are no longer going to serve the types and the shadows which spoke of Christ and taught us about Him, but we are to serve Him!

Unfortunately, the church today not only seek to serve this shadow of things to come, but it has been turned into a tradition that makes the word of God of no effect. I have studied the reasons why God instituted the tithe in first place, and what I found not only astonished me, but it also revealed the true heart of God to me.

In Deuteronomy 14:22-29 God commands His people to rejoice before Him as they EAT THEIR TITHE, and as they partake in (eat of) what He has provided for them, they are to learn to fear Him. One of the main reasons that I found was also this: God instituted the tithe, so that the Levites, the orphans, the widow, the poor and the strangers could eat and be satisfied. God's heart is truly revealed here. God wanted food in His house for those who are needy and without.

When I read Malachi 3 in this context, I understand, that when God's people fail to care for the poor and needy even in their midst, they are indeed robbing God. Oh, but for how long are we going to rob God, by robbing poor widows on welfare, by telling them that unless they bring 10 percent of their income to the church they are cursed of God? My dear brethren, the food was supposed to be for the widows and for the poor among us!

If we care to study how the new testament church in the book of Acts functioned, we find that that those who had supported and supplied those who did not have. It is simple and it is the heart of God.

Speaking of the early church, there is a great paradox concerning tithing. The tithe was 10 percent of the produce of your land and your livestock, but in the book of Acts we discover that the believers sold their land and their possessions and brought the money to the apostles, so that it might be distributed to those who had the need. If the believers sold their land, from which crop where they to tithe from?

Historically it is also a fact that we do not hear about tithing in the church until around the Nicene period (325 AD).

When all this is said, I will also say this: I believe that generous and sacrificial giving is part of the Christian walk, and there is no two ways about that. A true believer will be moved to give to God's work and to those who are in need, however, I find it very inconsistent with God's character, to demand from the poor rather than to support them, and too often this is how tithing is practiced in our churches... ...in fact, our system of tithing has little or no relationship at all with the tithe of the scriptures!!!"
END OF QUOTE
Be blessed,

Stampe

2007/11/19 9:10Profile

Re:

Psm 68:5 A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his
holy habitation.

2007/11/19 9:21
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

"Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy."

- Proverbs 31:9(KJV)

2008/5/2 7:55Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness."

- Isaiah 1:27(KJV)

"But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked."

- Isaiah 11:4(KJV)

2008/5/2 8:00Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"...and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry."

- Isaiah 5:7(KJV)

"But the LORD of hosts shall be exalted in judgment, and God that is holy shall be sanctified in righteousness."

- Isaiah 5:16(KJV)

2008/5/2 8:33Profile

Re:

Luke 21:1-4
As he looked up, Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. 2 He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. 3 "I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. 4 All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."

Luke 12:33-34
34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

1 Cor 16:1-2
16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
KJV

1 Cor 9:13-14
13 Don't you realize that God told those working in his temple to take for their own needs some of the food brought there as gifts to him? And those who work at the altar of God get a share of the food that is brought by those offering it to the Lord. 14 [b]In the same way the Lord has given orders that those who preach the Gospel should be supported by those who accept it.[/b]

Where is this money in 1 Cor 9:14 coming from?

And there is there is others scripture that say your post is bologna.

I have some questions for those who want to keep all of what God gives them.

Where is your heart?

If one keeps all his money that pretty well answers the question.

God doesn't need our money but he does need our heart. He has ways of finding out where our heart is. No one can explain away these scriptures above and others but they will preach against tithing. Go figure. JUSTIFICATION but to whom?

2008/5/2 12:57
Compton

Re:

A couple of surprising studies to add to this discussion of money.

Apparently the vast majority of us don't tithe to our churches.

[url=http://www.christianpost.com/article/20080414/31947_Study%253A_Few_Born_Agains_Tithe_to_Churches_.htm]Few Tithe to Churches[/url]

Apparently most Christians (conservative protestant) in the United States are not basing their lives on money or material wealth afterall...at least when compared to other citizens of the United States.

[url=http://news.duke.edu/2008/03/cprelease.html]Conservative Protestant's beliefs and wealth[/url]

So statistically for most conservative Christians in America one could say that, giving money to churches is out, but giving money somewhere or at least living for something other then money is still very much alive.

For what it's worth,

MC

2008/5/2 13:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy