SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Joyce Meyer's $23,000 Toilet:A Symbol Of The Prosperity Gospel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Man $23,000 I don't think I would be using it for what it was designed for at that price. :-P

2007/11/17 22:15Profile

Re:

Quote:
Do all rich people go to hell because they are rich?

No... it is harder for them to enter the kingdom because the richer you are the less you think you need God.

Before we condemn anyone we consider rich (and compared to many places around the world, our poorest would be rich by those standards!) remember that Abraham was one of the wealthiest people in the world in his time. Joseph had all of Egypt under his control. Solomon... there was none richer in the history of the world. David was rich beyond our comprehension. Job was not only rich once... God made him rich twice over.

And these were all men of faith, and one in particular was a man after God's own heart.

Scripture says it's "hard" ... but not impossible.

And while we're sitting around talking about how the rich find it hard to enter the kingdom, may I remind you that in order to post on this thread you must have a computer with internet access... now compare that luxery with the starving millions around the world.

We're all a tad hypocritical, are we not?

Krispy

2007/11/18 7:16

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

Before we condemn anyone we consider rich (and compared to many places around the world, our poorest would be rich by those standards!)...

We're all a tad hypocritical, are we not?

I don't believe we are because we are going BY our own standards.The way these people are living here in THIS country is not the standard, it's WAY ABOVE the standard.

2007/11/18 7:25

Re:

God's highest will in the Bible is Prosperity.
I Timothy 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not
highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God,
who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

If someone offers to you $1,00,000 worth of Toilet to you in the ministry do you accpet or reject?

2007/11/18 8:02

Re:

Quote:

chandras wrote:
God's highest will in the Bible is Prosperity.
I Timothy 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not
highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God,
who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

If someone offers to you $1,00,000 worth of Toilet to you in the ministry do you accpet or reject?

You auction it off and give the money to those in need.

2007/11/18 8:06

Re:

So, are you expecting JM to auction the TOILET!

2007/11/18 8:24

Re:

Quote:

chandras wrote:

Brother may I suggest you slow down and spend more time joining in the conversation rather than typing up all of these threads? Maybe you could join in the conversation more. :-)

Anyways I'm done with this thread because like Chris said we really don't know what the deal is with this toilet.

2007/11/18 9:01
cthom

Re:

Jesus drove out the sellers of sheep from the temple. One day He will drive out the sellers of sermons also. So it is necessary to expose those who exploit the poor in the church.
However, to balance out the negative side, here is a sermon that presents the positive side:
WHAT JESUS TAUGHT ABOUT MONEY by Zac Poonen
Listed in SermonIndex at:
http://64.34.176.235/sermons/SID16213.wmv
It is also on his church website: www.cfcindia.com
And he too is from India - like chandras - but he has a completely different opinion of the prosperity preachers.
Enjoy - and be challenged - positively.
God bless you all.
C Thom

2007/11/18 9:20Profile
RevKerrigan

South Central Kentucky

Re:

www.False-Teachers.com

2007/11/18 9:35Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Quote:

Once again, so we stop perpetrating a myth:

It is NOT a toilet. The commode Ms. Meyers paid $23,000 is a piece of furniture. As I said, I am most definitely NOT a fan of Ms. Meyers, but we need to speak the TRUTH in all things, small or large, significant or insignificant.........

2007/11/18 9:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy