SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Holy Spirit.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

"Yeshua Messiah put it this way"

Of course He did.

John 1:10-12 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

He was presenting to Israel the perfect interpreted and completely fulfilled Law. Even then they could not keep it.

Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

They were cut off for a time.

Acts 28:27-28 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

Paul saw Jesus Christ and was given the Gospel of Christ in the Believer, that he was to be a witness to all men of salvation by Grace through the Faith of Jesus Christ, and that He would be birthed in the believer. Paul was the first to know this, not the first to be born again and receive the Holy Spirit as the Teacher of Jesus Christ. They had the Holy Spirit but they did not know the mystery which was revealed to Paul.

Colossians 1:23-28 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister; Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

"Christ in you the Hope of Glory", this futlfilled the the Word of God and revealed the mystery which Christ fulfilled in being birthed in the believer, fulfilling the Law, us becoming dead to the law and giving life to every person that would believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, [even] to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

Acts 22:14-15 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth. For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.

If we as the wife of Satan who was our husband, and our husband be dead we are freed from the Law and able to be married to another, the "another", is Jesus Christ of whom we are now His Bride.

Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to [her] husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of [her] husband.

1Cr 7:39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

We are not bound by the law anymore, unless you are not born again. We are loosed from the death of the law administered by our old husband Satan, who accused us continually before the Father that we were committing adultry by sinning and not keeping the Law.

Romans 7:4-5 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

Are we serving in the newness of the Spirit or are we still serving the Law unto death in our old husband?

Romans 7:6-7 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

In Christ, not in the Law because Spirit of Christ liveth in me: Phillip

2007/11/9 21:41Profile

Re:

Quote:
Katy-did------------what is your understanding of it all, if I may ask?

Wildbranch, I am in agreement with Christinyou, or Philip.

You seem to be overlapping promises still given to Israel, that do not belong to the Church, or the ONE NEW MAN.

I may be mistaken, but did you say here and on another thread that Jesus was created by God, and by that, He did not exist from eternity past present and future. If I am mistaken, please forgive.

If you do hold this to be so, then I have something to ask you and your belief regarding the everlasting covenant.

My belief is that this Covenant was made between Father, Son and Holy Spirit from before the foundation of the world on our behalf. That the Everlasting Covenant is not based on "if" but on DONE.

The Word (as the second person of the Trinity was known as in the OT) became flesh and dwelt among us....fulfilling the promises....with more under that covenant yet to come....the final overthrow of Satan...Genesis 3:15.

I don't believe I am being lead to ZION...earthly, but have all ready been seated in Heavenly Places In Christ, known as SION...heavenly. That we are not taking over the world bring in the Kingdom, but have been translated out of this world into the Kingdom of His Dear Son, Jesus Christ. That the Earthly Kingdom will be brought in by Jesus Christ Himself as He takes the throne of David, and that the Church having been Glorified together with Christ will reign and rule with Christ during that time. This is the MYSTERY given to the Church, a special calling out of His elect for this purpose.

I posted this on the Wine Thread, and it seems as though it will fit in here too. It is concerning the Deity of Jesus Christ from eternity past to eternity future.

Concerning Jesus First Miracle and the differences in the Old Covenant and New Covenant, also stating that Jesus Christ was not created.

The problem I have with saying Jesus was created is this. God said, "Thou shall have no other God's before me"....so it would be impossible for God to create another God placed before Him to be worshiped where every knee will bow and confess Jesus Christ as Lord.

On with the Deity of Jesus Christ New Covenant and Everlasting Covenant.

Jesus first says to His Mother…“My time” has not yet come.

John 2:11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

The key words here is Manifested forth His Glory. This was Jesus First Miracle, signifying who He was.

Jesus prayer in John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Hebrews 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Philippians 2:
5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Hebrews 9:15And for this cause he is the mediator of the New Testament/Covenant, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
16For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Hebrews 13:20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, ****************through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

2 Corinthians 4:6
For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

The Significance of the Miracle of Moses (Old Covenant )and Jesus Christ (New Covenant) have parallels:

The signs that God gave to Egypt in the Old Testament were plagues, destruction, and death, and the signs that Jesus did in the world in the New Testament were healings, blessings, and life. The turning of water to blood initiated Moses (a type of the Savior- Deuteronomy 18:15) leading his people out of the bondage of Egypt into an earthly liberty; the turning of water into wine initiated Jesus taking His people out of the bondage of the corruption of the world into the glorious liberty of the children of God (Romans 8:21). The turning of water to blood culminated in the firstborn in Egypt being delivered to death, while turning the water into wine culminated in the life of the Firstborn being delivered from death (Colossians 1:18).

We also see other miracles Moses did symbolic of Jesus Christ. One of my favorites was when the waters were bitter Moses threw in a piece of wood, and the bitter waters became sweet, signifying the Cross.

Exodus 15:
22So Moses brought Israel from the Red sea, and they went out into the wilderness of Shur; and they went three days in the wilderness, and found no water.
23And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they were bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah.
24And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink?
25And he cried unto the LORD; and the LORD shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them,

And we all know when Moses struck the Rock (Jesus Christ---our rock of ages) water came forth.

We also know when Jesus Christ was crucified out of His side came Blood and Water.

Love in Christ
Katy-Did
:-)

2007/11/10 9:32
wildbranch

Re: everlasting covenant, zion/sion....

Katy-did said-----------quote: " My belief is that this Covenant was made between Father, Son and Holy Spirit from before the foundation of the world on our behalf. That the Everlasting Covenant is not based on "if" but on DONE.

My question Katy is this. What exactly is the Covenant that the "three persons of the Godhead"---(the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit) made between themselves? What did they promise each other, on our behalf?

Another question would be: "Why would you call the "Word", the second person of the Trinity, when he is seen by Christianity to be the Creator of the Universe? Would he not then be the First person?

My 3rd question would be regarding your words here----------quote: "I don't believe I am being lead to ZION...earthly, but have all ready been seated in Heavenly Places In Christ, known as SION...heavenly..."
----------where in scripture is their a distinction found between "Zion" (Tsiyon)....and the Greek version of the word, "Sion"?

I am trying to understand where you are coming from, and also if your beliefs reflect those of mainstream Christianity.

Thanks Katy!

2007/11/10 20:26Profile
wildbranch

Re: 10 commandments abolished...

Christinyou said:---------------quote: "The law of Moses and the commandments written in stone, (10 commandments) kills and condemns. There is no salvation in them. They only bring us to Christ Gloriously to a better ministration of the Spirit in Christ Jesus who is born again in the believer to condemn and abolish all that interferes with the New Testament in The Blood of Christ.) .... The Law was done away at the Cross because it was fulfilled by One Man Jesus Christ fulfilling all the requirements God required, so man might be saved By Him that is birthed in us, Jesus Christ the Son of God.).....and also..........Of that which is abolished. Or rather, to be abolished, (tou katargoumenou;) whose nature, design, and intention it was that it should be abolished. It was never designed to be permanent; and Paul speaks of it here as a thing that was known and indisputable that the Mosaic institutions were designed to be abolished."...

Christinyou-------------do you agree with those who have abolished the Ten Commandments from schools and courthouses across North America, seeing that you say of the Ten Commandments, quote: "(10 commandments) kills and condemns....There is no salvation in them.............were designed to be abolished"...?

Thanks......(I have heard of this before, but never spoken to someone who felt this strongly about it)

2007/11/10 21:09Profile

Re:

Good Morning Wildbranch,

First of all, let me say I am a Born Again Jew. Not that that holds any higher place then Gentiles, believe me. All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God.

Let me start here by pointing out some comments you have made I totally disagree with. If I have misunderstood, please forgive. Since I'm already writing, it is difficult to go back now and grab those comments you have posted and repost. There are so many, I didn't want to get into a line by line dispute.

If memory serves me well, you say you are a wild branch grafted into the Natural! Correct. Saying you were grafted into Israel?????? Or grafted into the Covenants given to Israel????

It is very clear that salvation is OF the Jews, meaning Israel was God's Elect who brought forth these covenants pointing to Jesus Christ. But one does not become a Jew or start talking like they were a Jew just because they received salvation.

The Covenant made from before the foundation of the world, include those who's names are written in the Lambs book of Life from before the Foundation of the World......Long before God gave the Law to Moses. Those in the "Hall of Faith", listed in Hebrews 11, beginning with Abel, placed their faith in the promised redeemer, promised in Genesis 3:15. Abel's animal sacrifice was accepted by God, counting him righteous before God. Able was not a Jew, or is the "Everlasting Covenant" Jewish. However Israel was chosen to carry the "LIGHT" of the Everlasting Covenant into the World. From Abraham, to Isaac, to Jacob (renamed Israel) through the line of Judah, through the line of David (David being Judah of coarse) on to Mary (of the tribe of Judah) who was overshadowed by the Holy Spirit, bringing in Jesus Christ, our Messiah, Jesus Christ.(The visible fulfilling((still more to come)) of the Promise of the Everlasting Covenant).

In the Old Testament, there were two comings of Messiah...one as KING, and one as the suffering servant, who was slain from the foundation of the world. This same Jesus Christ, of the seed and offspring of David, will be as was told to David in the Psalms (the Lord said to my Lord, sit here until I make my enemy your footstool.) Prophecy concerning Jesus Christ Messiah KING who will reign and rule during the 1000 Year Millennial Reign. (Also refer to 1 Corinthians 15 for the order of events) Christ the first fruits, then those who are His at His coming, THEN the Kingdom, where He must Rule until he has put all things under Him, for He must Reign until He has put all things under Him.....the fulfilling of Genesis 3:15.

If you look up the words Zion and Sion in your Strongs, I do believe you have one, You will see the differences, and that they are not the same.

They are placed in 2 entirely different places in Strong’s, and have entirely different scripture to back. If these words were one in the same, they would be listed, as so many that are the same under the same heading suggesting a different spelling, with ALL scripture referencing below.

SION is used in Hebrews 12:22, Romans 9:35,( I lay in SION a stumbling stone, (the Cross) (see :1 Peter 2:6 ). The definition in Strong’s is The CHURCH....the Heavenly, The City made without hands, the one Abraham was looking to...by faith.

Hebrews 12:22 clearly state along with Hebrews 12, the very differences between The Old Covenant---earthly, and the New...Heavenly. You will also see the Church of the First Born mentioned here as well.

1 Peter 2:6 is Christ, the CHURCH, our ROCK of Ages, the Chief Cornerstone, and We, His body, are those who are Crucified with Christ, and raised up together with Him, seated in Heavenly places in Christ Jesus. The stone of Stumbling and Rock of offence is the Cross....or foolishness to those who are lost. To those as were the Pharisees who missed it....Romans 10.

Didn't they know, hadn’t anyone told them? Of Course! However, the problem was, like Judas, they wanted not the redeemer, but the KING. Jesus said, My Kingdom is not of this world
(redeemer).

But we do see the end of the story in Romans 11:26, out of SION (His second Coming) shall the deliver come, and all Israel shall be saved.

I believe this to be when they look upon Him whom they pierced, and also when He establishes His Throne in Earthly Zion.

The Church I believe will be coming out of "SION" with Him. This is told in Thessalonians and Jude.

Must go for now. If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

:-)

2007/11/11 8:24
wildbranch

Re: zion/sion differences

Katy-did said------------quote: "...If you look up the words Zion and Sion in your Strongs, I do believe you have one, You will see the differences, and that they are not the same. They are placed in 2 entirely different places in Strong’s, and have entirely different scripture to back. If these words were one in the same, they would be listed, as so many that are the same under the same heading suggesting a different spelling, with ALL scripture referencing below.

SION is used in Hebrews 12:22, Romans 9:35,( I lay in SION a stumbling stone, (the Cross) (see :1 Peter 2:6 ). ...

Katy, it is quite clear from some research - Strongs or other dictionaries, that the words "Zion" and "Sion" have the same meaning, and are used interchangeably. The Greek alphabet did not have a "Z" in it, so the "S" was appropriate. Even the verses you quoted there from the KJV NT which use the word "Sion", are direct quotes from the OT which use the word "Zion" ........The Hebrews and 1Peter references you gave refer to Isaiah 28:16..."Zion".

Isaiah 28:26: "Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner [stone], a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste."

Result of search for "sion"and "zion":
7865 Siy'on see-ohn' from 7863; peak; Sion, the summit of Mt. Hermon:--Sion.

6726 Tsiyown tsee-yone' the same (regularly) as 6725; Tsijon (as a permanent capital), a mountain of Jerusalem:--Zion.

4622. Sion see-own' of Hebrew origin (6726); Sion (i.e. Tsijon), a hill of Jerusalem; figuratively, the Church (militant or triumphant):--Sion.

Zion means fortress in Hebrew. According to Strong's Exhaustive Concordance #6726 it is pronounced Tsiyown, tsee-yone; Tsijon (as a permanent capital), a mountain of Jerusalem --- Zion. The word Zion is found 152 times in the Old Testament.

Sion is Strong's #7865 SIYON, see-ohn; peak; Sion, the summit of Mount Hermon -- Sion. However, Sion (Deuteronomy 4:48 for Mount Hermon) can also be used to define a district in Jerusalem (Psalms 65:1, KJV). Remember, too, that Sion is the Greek spelling for Zion the seven times it is used in the KJV.

All modern translations that I have seen use Zion instead of Sion.

But ye are come unto mount Sion*, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, - Heb. 12:22-24

And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion*, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. - Rev. 14:1
*In the New Testament, the Greek word "Sion" [#4622] derives from the Hebrew word for "Zion" [#6726] referring to Mt. Zion in Jerusalem.

2007/11/11 10:04Profile

Re:

Wildbranch or can I call you Sharon, Sorry, here is the answer to your other Question. Rather then reconstructing I had posted this on another thread and will re-post here to answer your question...What was the Covenant between Father Son and Holy Spirit based on our behalf.

Our Eternal security is the answer.
Not of works, lest any man should boast, but by Grace (Calvary) through faith....a Gift.

Quote:
I admit that I never linked Covenant with eternal security, because most Bible covenants are conditional, (except for one or two, such as with Noah, that the earth would never again be destroyed with a flood...) So that if either side broke the covenant then it becomes void, so fails to give such security.

I don’t want to start a thread on the Covenants of Promise, but will post here to show you where eternal security IS in the Covenants of Promise.

Hebrews is a great place to start with the New Covenant and Everlasting Covenant promises.

Yes, there are many Covenants and many different teachings on Covenants. And you are correct that some teach these as conditional.

However, the New Covenant, and Everlasting Covenant are not a conditional covenant based, "if" in the way that the Law of Moses was based.....because, Jesus fulfilled the Law, and now those "In Christ", have that Law written in their heart.

Psalms says, the secrets of the Lord are with those who fear Him, and He will Show them His Covenant.

As we Grow in the Grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ...He does just that!

The New Covenant is based on [i][b]Better Promises[/b][/i]. That is the [i][b]key[/b][/i] word in Hebrews[i][b]Better Promises[/b][/i]. Better than what? Better than anything you can possibly imagine.

Ephesians 2:11-13
11Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

So many overlook this verse in Hebrews 6.….that chapter that many say you can lose your salvation????

But if read through,

Hebrews
6:9
9But, beloved, we are persuaded [i][b]Better [/b][/i]things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

Hebrews 6:16-18
16For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife.
17Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:
18That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
19Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;
20Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec

The Covenants of Promise were sealed in the Blood of Jesus Christ. (From [i][b]before[/b][/i] the Foundation of the World) a Covenant between Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Here we have the understanding of the Word SURITY. Also can look it up...Andrew Murray has an excellent article on the [i][b]Surity[/b][/i]of the Covenant.

Genesis 43:9
I myself will be surety for him; from my hand you shall require him. If I do not bring him back to you and set him before you, then let me bear the blame forever.

Genesis 44:32
For your servant became surety for the lad to my father, saying, ‘If I do not bring him back to you, then I shall bear the blame before my father forever.’

Hebrews 7:21-23
21(For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:)
22By so much was Jesus made a [i][b]Surity [/b][/i]of a better Testament/Covenant.

Now look at the verses that say …“within the veil” and “through the veil“.

When we enter within the veil or through the veil we enter into the Holy of Holies, when we identify with Jesus in death and resurrection life. The New and [i][b]Living[/b][/i] way is…Romans 6-8.

Added for content:
Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

And Galatians 2:20 & 21.….I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
( Galatians 2:20&21) This is Grace….the [i][b]Spirit[/b][/i] of Grace…of which Hebrews 10 speaks of….

Hebrews 10: 29Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Again, many take this to be a warning one can lose their salvation….but that is not what the Chapter is about….No more sacrifice for sin was the warning to Jews who were sitting on the fence undecided about keeping Law…the old way of sacrifice through animal sacrifice…or completely putting their faith in Jesus Christ *****who once and for all ***** became that final sacrifice. If you read all of Hebrews 10 completely through…this is the main subject matter. AND we know in Thessalonians that God Vengeance is coming to those who have rejected the Gospel.

The Blood of the Covenant wherewith he was sanctified….WOW! Yes even our sanctification is covered here.

What does Peter say:
1 Peter 1:2
elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace be multiplied

Hebrews 6:16-18
16For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife.
17Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:
18That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
19Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;
20Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Hebrews 10:19-21
19Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
21And having an high priest over the house of God;

Jeannette, For me these great and Precious promises through the Blood of Jesus Christ are YES and AMEN. I will post here, and will say no more then this. For me it is most sacred, and not to be argued, or picked apart. We stand on the Promises of God, believing what He said He will do , He will do.

Hebrews 13:
20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
21Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Because this Glory belongs to Jesus Christ all I can say is YES and AMEN because it‘s TRUE!!!! Our Eternal Security is in Jesus Christ and His finished work upon the Cross.

This is what John 3:16 [i][b]is all about[/b][/i]!!!!

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

God Bless

Love in Christ Jesus
Katy-Did

:-) [i][b]Better[/b][/i]

2007/11/11 10:06
wildbranch

Re: covenants, grafted in etc

Katy said-------quote: "First of all, let me say I am a Born Again Jew:.

Dear Katy-------**-wonderful!** As the apostle Paul says, a natural branch, grafted back into their own olive tree, after previously being 'broken off'.8-)

You also said------quote: "If memory serves me well, you say you are a wild branch grafted into the Natural! Correct. Saying you were grafted into Israel?????? Or grafted into the Covenants given to Israel???? "

Yes I did say that Katy, quoting again from the apostle Paul in Romans 11 and also from Ephesians 2 etc.

I pretty much agree with your last post on the issue of the covenants, the portion which I will copy paste at the end of this post.

My question was regarding the Everlasting Covenant, which you had previously said was made between the 3 persons of the Trinitarian Godhead. I'll post the quote----------

Katy-did said-----------quote: " My belief is that this Covenant was made between Father, Son and Holy Spirit from before the foundation of the world on our behalf. That the Everlasting Covenant is not based on "if" but on DONE.

My question Katy is this. What exactly is the Covenant that the "three persons of the Godhead"---(the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit) made between themselves? What did they promise each other, on our behalf?

Another question would be: "Why would you call the "Word", the second person of the Trinity, when he is seen by Christianity to be the Creator of the Universe? Would he not then be the First person?

Katy's words on the covenants of Israel-------------"The Covenant made from before the foundation of the world, include those who's names are written in the Lambs book of Life from before the Foundation of the World......Long before God gave the Law to Moses. Those in the "Hall of Faith", listed in Hebrews 11, beginning with Abel, placed their faith in the promised redeemer, promised in Genesis 3:15. Abel's animal sacrifice was accepted by God, counting him righteous before God. Able was not a Jew, or is the "Everlasting Covenant" Jewish. However Israel was chosen to carry the "LIGHT" of the Everlasting Covenant into the World. From Abraham, to Isaac, to Jacob (renamed Israel) through the line of Judah, through the line of David (David being Judah of coarse) on to Mary (of the tribe of Judah) who was overshadowed by the Holy Spirit, bringing in Jesus Christ, our Messiah, Jesus Christ.(The visible fulfilling((still more to come)) of the Promise of the Everlasting Covenant).
In the Old Testament, there were two comings of Messiah...one as KING, and one as the suffering servant, who was slain from the foundation of the world. This same Jesus Christ, of the seed and offspring of David, will be as was told to David in the Psalms (the Lord said to my Lord, sit here until I make my enemy your footstool.) Prophecy concerning Jesus Christ Messiah KING who will reign and rule during the 1000 Year Millennial Reign. (Also refer to 1 Corinthians 15 for the order of events) Christ the first fruits, then those who are His at His coming, THEN the Kingdom, where He must Rule until he has put all things under Him, for He must Reign until He has put all things under Him.....the fulfilling of Genesis "

----------Yes Katy, that sounds scriptural, and I would be in agreement with these words as you have posted them. Only one note, in that Psalm you quoted, the original language reads....YHWH said to my lord ...ADONAI (the LORD) said to my lord (Adoni).

Thanks

8-)

2007/11/11 10:08Profile

Re:

Sharon, I believe I just posted my answer to you as you were also posting this past question.

I believe the Trinity is ONE God in three persons. The term second person of the Trinity is not something I made up, but is used quite often. It does not mean 2nd in rank.

Quote:
----------Yes Katy, that sounds scriptural, and I would be in agreement with these words as you have posted them. Only one note, in that Psalm you quoted, the original language reads....YHWH said to my lord ...ADONAI (the LORD) said to my lord (Adoni).

Also reference Hebrews 1&2 concerning your reply to Psalms.

Love in Christ
Katy-did

2007/11/11 10:15

Re:

Quote:
All modern translations that I have seen use Zion instead of Sion.

Maybe that is the problem with Modern translations.

Please look again in Strongs, under both words, and the scriptures. ZION only captures verses from OT. However SION has a couple of OT, but mostly New. Those few OT references are spiritually discerned, and may the Lord give you sight to see.

When Jesus went to the cross, and many were crying, Jesus said, Daughters of SION, clearly demonstrating teh differences between their faith in the Redeemer, and those still attached to ZION who rejected.

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2007/11/11 10:29

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy