SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Holy Spirit.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
PosterThread
GeekyGuy

Re:

Quote:
[u]His hand pierced the fleeing serpent[/u]

I'm sorry, but what translation are you quoting from?

2007/12/12 3:10Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

There is only one way God will speak to this generation, not by Abraham, not by Moses, or any other being will He speak but by the Son only.

Hebrews 1:1-14 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment; And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail. But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool? Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Thus separating the old from the New, He has and is now speaking only by the Son.

"Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son,"

That is why the Holy Spirit only speaks what the Son has given Him. It is now. Now is the day of salvation by the Son.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

He would and could not speak such until the Son had been given, "upholding all things by the word of His power, when he had by Himself purged our sins,

Now is the day of this Salvation in Christ Jesus our Lord, not them of whom in the past were under the Grace of God through the upholding of the Law and animal blood for the covering of their sins.

Not the Living sacrifice of Jesus Christ the Son of God by who's blood the whole world is saved if they only believe,

In Christ: Phillip

2007/12/12 15:39Profile

Re:

Quote:
There is only one way God will speak to this generation, not by Abraham, not by Moses, or any other being will He speak but by the Son only.

Certainly not by Abraham, but certainly by the covenant given to Abraham. Laid out very nicely in Galatians. If reading these scriptures very carefuly, you will see Fellow Heirs...but Fellow Heirs of or with what or who. It's not saying here Fellow heirs with Jesus but fellow heirs to the Covenant promised to Abraham.

First lets look at Ephesians 3:1-11 and then back track what PAul was saying in Chapter 2 to clarify what he is saying in Chapter 3.

Ephesians 3
1For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

2If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

3How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

7Whereof I was mad11Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16[u]And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby[/u];

17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

18[u]For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. [/u];

19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, [u]but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God[/u];

20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

The Mystery is the One New Man, the Church, the Body of Christ, who In Christ, Christ has made of Himself those who live by the faith of Him. That's the Mystery, Christ In You.

But although it was fortold it wasn't revealed how it would come about.

There are no new * New and different Gospels that have no grounding to God's Covenants, the Everlasting or the New Covenant.

The New Covenant could not be implimated until Jesus died and rose again.(((((His blood needed to be shed before any Spirit could be released to man to begin with)))(((( This covers the Everlasting Covenant, but more fully explained throught he New Covenant, because teh New Covenant is the SURETY of those Promised to Keep you and sanctify you, and present you Holy and blameless unto God))) The I will put MY Spirit in you is exactly that, the Spirit of the Life of Christ that set you free from the Law of Sin and death, which that Law was as well the Law of Moses...

God's Covenants are in place, however majorly misunderstood.

The dangers of coming in with a New totally New Gospel is that anyone can do it. If it were so totally New and out of nowhere unheard of, neither Paul, Peter, James, John, Jude would even quote OT scripture to begin with.

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

[u]but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God[/u]

2007/12/12 16:14

Re: Holy Spirit

GeekyGuy asked dorcas

Quote:
I'm sorry, but what translation are you quoting from?

That is the NKJV or the NASB. I'm aware there are other translations.

I don't think I looked at any of the alternatives before I posted it, so I'm not going to argue for its supremacy over others'. But I did before answering you, look at Strong's definitions for the verse, and it fits reasonably, depending one where the translator wishes to place the emphasis in the English.

2007/12/12 21:02
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

"Certainly not by Abraham, but certainly by the covenant given to Abraham. Laid out very nicely in Galatians. If reading these scriptures very carefuly, you will see Fellow Heirs...but Fellow Heirs of or with what or who. It's not saying here Fellow heirs with Jesus but fellow heirs to the Covenant promised to Abraham"

Abraham's promise was the Seed, not seeds as of one man only, Jesus Christ.

Rom 4:14 For if they which are of the law [be] heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

Then we are fellow heirs with Jesus Christ to the Promise to Abraham, the Seed, Jesus Christ Himself.

Romans 8:16-17 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Then the rest is plain when it comes to being heirs with and in Christ: Galatians 3:27-29 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Then are ye Abraham's Seed, which is Christ, then are Christs'.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

I am not Abraham's seed, I am the Seed of Christ by the Father, who has birthed that Seed in me, as of the Only Begotten Son of God, so I am rebirthed into family of God not the family of Abraham.

Gal 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

A son must be of the Father of whom he is the heir of.

This is what Paul is speaking of in all his epistles, his Gospel which was preached to him by Jesus Christ Himself for approx 3 years in Arabia.

Colossians 1:25-28 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

John Agrees with Him and so does Peter, finally.

1 John 3:1-3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

"Born of God" and "being born again of Incorruptable Seed".

1 Peter 1:21-23 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Hard to understand? Peter also, the one Peter mentions is Paul even in his last words.

2 Peter 3:15-18 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

2007/12/13 5:02Profile

Re:

Quote:
I am not Abraham's seed, I am the Seed of Christ by the Father, who has birthed that Seed in me, as of the Only Begotten Son of God, so I am rebirthed into family of God not the family of Abraham.

Galatians 3:29
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to [b]THE[/b] promise.

I'm sorry to hear your seed jesus is not the seed of Abraham, and those promises given to Abraham that in him will all families of the earth be blessed through the Birth/Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ do not belong to you.

However my Jesus is. Abraham, to Isaac, to Jacob, through Judah ( Our Lord sprung from Judah Hebrews) from the House of David, to Mary...from the House of David who was overshadowed by the Holy Spirit bringing forth Jesus Christ and the promise of Christ Paul preached in Galatians, belong to me and anyone who puts their faith in THIS JESUS,will become a New Creation in Christ, according the the Mystery kept silent, but now revealed in this present age.

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2007/12/13 13:21
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The seed of Abraham is of Israel whom God chose to be the line of Jesus Christ, that is Mary and Joseph, descendants of Abraham, They are earthly. The Seed of Christ came from His Father, God which is heavenly. I don't know where our father Abraham is seated but I know that our Lord is seated in the heavenlies with our Father, God.

Mat 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to [our] father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

I don't want to be a stone, I want to be birthed son of God, not a created stone.

Romans 4:1-3 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Not made righteous by the Christ that is in us.

1 Corinthians 1:29-31 That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

It is truly not Abraham that lives in me, but the Christ, the Son of the Living God.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me:

"Christ liveth in me": Phillip

2007/12/13 13:54Profile

Re:

Genesis 3:15

15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Phillip , let's first go back to the original promise of the seed found in Genesis 3:15.

Now whether you believe the Woman is Israel...which is my belief, or Mary( also Israel)right now is not the issue, but the issue is the seed.

Philip, you seem to be overlooking many many scriptures in Galatians about Abraham and where Paul quotes to these Galatians the very same thing I am telling you.((((also teaching the Mystery at the same time))))

Example.....Mormons also believe they are overshadowed and *birth by God*, however their Jesus is not the Jesus of Scripture.

Jesus Fully God, Fully Man

Quote:
Mat 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to [our] father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

I don't want to be a stone, I want to be birthed son of God, not a created stone.

Philip, you have missed the whole point of what Jesus was saying, and I'm not even sure what your point is.

Our roots are right in the beginning, fallen man with Adam and Eve, immediately promised a redeemer Genesis 3:15. You are redeemed by the Risen Christ of Genesis 3:15 who came through the woman Israel.

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2007/12/13 14:09
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

m

2007/12/13 21:02Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Our roots are from before the beginning.

Ephesians 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,

Jesus Christ is on this earth now. He is the Life of and in the believer now.

2Cr 10:7 Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he [is] Christ's, even so [are] we Christ's.

To fulfill the Word of God in Christ Jesus and by His Blood.

Colossians 1:25-28 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

1Jo 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

We are not earthly creatures, we are a new creation race of people, that is Christ persons. We are not of the old testament or have anything to do with the old testament we are in Christ which is the New Testament. God will still deal with Israel but not until the fulness of the Gentiles comes in. Then Israel will receive all the promises and covenants that God promised them for they will inherit the earth, as God promised and Israel will lead the whole earth to God, as they were supposed to do in the old testament and did not. This earthly promise will be complete by the Christ of the New Testament ruling and reigning with His Church and from the Throne of David, as is promised, on this earth. We the church are already seated in heavenly places with Christ and all that needs to take place is "The dead in Christ" are resurrected with those that are still alive and in Christ, which will only take a twinkling of an eye period of time. Thus, "we shall ever be with the Lord. These are the words we are to be comforted with. "In Christ"

We are not in Abraham, I don't care how many times it says we are, the Word Himself supersedes all claim to be connected to the Old Testament and those that try are commingling the Scripture and not rightly dividing the Word of Truth.

We are born again son's of God, adopted and birthed by God the Father, even in His Son Jesus Christ. There are no persons called Christians before Antioch.

Acts 11:19-26 Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only. And some of them were men of Cyprus and Cyrene, which, when they were come to Antioch, spake unto the Grecians, preaching the Lord Jesus. And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord. Then tidings of these things came unto the ears of the church which was in Jerusalem: and they sent forth Barnabas, that he should go as far as Antioch. Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord. For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: and much people was added unto the Lord. Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul: And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

This Paul did to fulfill the Word of God, not to continue it from the old testament but to fulfill the old testament with the New Testament in Christ.

Luk 22:20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup [is] the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

1Cr 11:25 After the same manner also [he took] the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink [it], in remembrance of me.

In Christ by the fulfillment of God the Father, and the preaching of Paul, given direct to him by Jesus Christ Himself: Phillip

Phillip

2007/12/13 21:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy