SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Holy Spirit.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip asks:

Quote:
Tell me, How are we able to see the kingdom of God?

Proverbs 123 Turn at my rebuke;
Surely I will pour out my spirit on you;
I will make my words known to you.

:Your brother in Christ
Jeff

2007/12/4 6:10Profile

Re:

Quote:
I wonder how many builders of the temple reject Christ?

Great question Jeff,

Actually the Woman who rides the beast is exactly that...Apostate Christianity.

It is a mock priesthood, as you see "Mystery Babylon" wearing all the same clothing as a priesthood in Leviticus, yet the blue is missing...the blue represents Heaven, as we the church are.

It's those who have crowned themselves Kings and Priests at this moment....much like Neapolitan.

You see, Paul rebukes in Corinthians those he says" So you reign as Kings without us....yet we suffer, and are hated, go destitute, ect, ect. Then Says, be ye followers of me the way I am of Christ.

WE now are to keep the same mind in us that is also in Christ, who made Himself of no reputation and became obedient unto death.

WE follow the Lamb (suffering) now and will be rewarded and highly exalted later.

Paul said before he died in a Roman prison, I have kept the faith, I have finished my course, there is NOW laid up for me a Crown, that the Lord shall give me on [u]that day[/u].

Many want to wear their crown and reign as a Kings now, much like Neapolitan who arrogantly crowned himself.

Are these building the Spiritual Temple or an earthly Temple? Those who are trying to build a mock earthly temple are falling into what is called dominion Theology.

Yes, they have surely rejected the Chief Corner Stone, and the Rock of Offense is the Cross, I am crucified with Christ, no longer I but Christ.

See what Revelation 21 say about the Temple.

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2007/12/4 8:28
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

""""
Brother Phillip asks:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me, How are we able to see the kingdom of God?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:Your brother in Christ
Jeff""""

Answer:

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Jhn 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Who is the Word? John 1:1-14 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Because He makes us sons and brothers: Phillip

2007/12/4 21:38Profile

Re: Holy Spirit

Quote:
dorcas wrote:

Hello to all readers.

I haven't listened yet to this which I found on Ron Bailey's website while looking for something else, but in the context of a previous part of this discussion, it may be a gem not to miss.

[url=http://mp3.biblebase.com/details_33.html]Hezekiah[/url]

:-D

I listened to this last night. It turned up a surprise or two, but that just shows how versatile scripture becomes in the hands of one called and trained in its exposition.

I recommend it, though it dwells only on the start of Hezekiah's reign.

Quote:
There comes a point in each rebellous life where God turns them over and removes the grace that was once given him. Without the knowledge of good, man is left to the ever growing influence of Satan. This growing influence of the evil one, conforms man into his image. Pride and self rule dominate this man unto his destruction.

Jeff,

I think you know why I picked up on grace, as it is one of the factors which separates the Old and the New Testament. The grace in the Old Testament was not the grace of salvation by faith, it was something to do with the acceptance Old Testament saints found when they sought God's presence and He accepted them. They went on their own merit, or, were accepted - like Noah - for no particular reason.

However in the New Testament, the grace of God came through Jesus Christ, and unless we present Him as the one who merits God's favour, we can be assured of none.

When you accord 'grace' to Paul therefore, he could not have been finding it while he wasted the church of God - his version of keeping the law - and he had to come off his own natural merits (legalism) into faith in Jesus Christ for the New Covenant grace of [u]acceptance with God[/u]. By then, there was no acceptance by God, of the natural man.

2007/12/5 0:43
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip quoted:

Quote:
1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Look at these two verses....we have the Holy Spirit being poured out on an individual with the purpose of making God's word known to that individual.

When you received the Holy Spirit, did this happen to you?

Your brother in Christ
Jeff

2007/12/5 4:13Profile
rookie

Re:

Sister Lyn wrote:

Quote:
I think you know why I picked up on grace, as it is one of the factors which separates the Old and the New Testament.

Paul teaches that there is no separation of the grace given to the NT and OT saints...

Romans 10:
11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”

"All who call on the name of the LORD shall be saved."

Psa. 105:1 Oh, give thanks to the LORD!
Call upon His name;
Make known His deeds among the peoples!

Psa. 116:4 Then I called upon the name of the LORD:
“O LORD, I implore You, deliver my soul!”

Psa. 116:13 I will take up the cup of salvation,
And call upon the name of the LORD.

Psa. 116:17 I will offer to You the sacrifice of thanksgiving,
And will call upon the name of the LORD.

Psa. 118:5 I called on the LORD in distress;
The LORD answered me and set me in a broad place.

And by what means are they saved?

Rom. 11:1 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying, 3 “LORD, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life”? 4 But what does the divine response say to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

According to Paul, in Elijah's generation, 7000 men were saved by grace who did not bow the knee to Baal. Now we know from Scripture that there are two fathers and two seeds. We know that most are the children of Satan. But there is a remnant, who because of God's grace, were enabled not to bow their knee to Satan. In Elijah's generation, these men were not saved by their works but by grace.

In Romans 11:1, Paul says that he is the seed of Abraham...

In Galatians...
Gal. 3:5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?— 6 just as Abraham “believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” 7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. 8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.” 9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.

We see that no one is saved by the works of the law, but they are saved by the hearing of faith. Those who live by faith are the sons of Abraham, just as Paul was. "So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham."

Do you see that there is no difference in the grace extended to the OT saints. Faith comes to those whom hears the word of God, and do what He commands.

Paul heard the word of God and did what God told him to do.

Acts 22:12 “Then a certain Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good testimony with all the Jews who dwelt there, 13 came to me; and he stood and said to me, “Brother Saul, receive your sight.’ And at that same hour I looked up at him. 14 Then he said, “The God of our fathers has chosen you that you should know His will, and see the Just One, and hear the voice of His mouth. 15 For you will be His witness to all men of what you have seen and heard. 16 And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.’

Ananais was told by God to say these words to him..."The God of our fathers has chosen you that you should know His will, and see the Just One, and ((hear the voice of His mouth.))

This happened at Pentecost also...
Acts 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words. 15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. 16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 “And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.

What is happens to men and women when the Spirit of God is poured out on them?

They prophesy, they are given visions, and dreams. And for what purpose? Is it not to know the mind of Christ?

Your brother in Christ
Jeff

2007/12/5 4:41Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Call on His Name;

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

1Cr 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called [to be] saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

When could they call on His Name?

Who's Name must we believe in?

Jhn 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

1Jo 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Act 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Jhn 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on Him which should come after Him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 3:29-31 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

A. T. Robertson's Word Pictures
Ro 3:30
If so be that God is one (eiper heis ho theos). Correct text rather than epeiper. It means "if on the whole." "By a species of rhetorical politeness it is used of that about which there is no doubt" (Thayer. Cf. 1Co 8:5; 15:15; Ro 8:9. By faith (ek pisteôs). "Out of faith," springing out of. Through faith (dia tês pisteôs). "By means of the faith" (just mentioned). Ek denotes source, dia intermediate agency or attendant circumstance.

"Out of Faith"

"By means of the Faith"

See the difference.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/12/6 1:29Profile

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. Of course, I don't agree with you....

:-) But hey! What's new? I still love you, though.

You said

Quote:
Paul teaches that there is no separation of the grace given to the NT and OT saints...

If this is so, then you appear to be stating that you don't understand the Old Covenant. Which, if that's what this discussion is about at its heart, may explain why you don't appear to understand how the New Covenant differed from it.

In the scriptures you offered, I decided to check Rom 11:5 in Strong's, because I wanted to see if the 'then' which also appears in Young's, was a reference to something more like [i]back then[/i] than [i]therefore[/i]. It turns out to be the latter. Paul is [u]not[/u] saying that the grace in Elijah's day works the same way as the grace in Paul's, even though in both, the salvation of Jews is being discussed.

So I reject what you said here:
Quote:
According to Paul, in Elijah's generation, 7000 men were saved by grace who did not bow the knee to Baal.

What I mean is, the grace which saves [i]us[/i], operates from God through our faith in Jesus Christ, as Phillip has taken pains to define from several places in scripture. But the grace which saved Elijah and 7000 who had not bowed the knee to Baal, operated through the keeping of the Old Covenant provision.

Is it [i]the same grace?[/i] Well of course it is, because it is in both cases God's favour upon man that He continued speaking to us at all.

But, in many other places in the New Testament, Paul clearly states that there is now [u]no[/u] salvation to Jews through the keeping of the law. Grace [u]no longer[/u] operates through that dispensation, and now operates [u]solely[/u] through faith in Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the sole reason Joel's prophecy came true on the day of Pentecost. Also, it was the [u]first[/u] time it had come true. No Jew before that day had experienced such an anointing, which depended on circumcision of the heart through faith in the death and resurrection of the Messiah.

While Abraham's faith was acknowledged by God through the outward sign of circumcision, that sign became an unreliable label [i]very quickly[/i] in subsequent generations, because it did [u]not[/u] necessarily denote faith in the heart of the circumcised.

But God allowed that mixture to continue, and speaks to us still today from the many ways He prepared the world for the Christ - through having established one family to whom He continued to speak consistently.

It is only because of the many promises He made to this family, that we could ever have recognised His Son, who became the final word to mankind, and through whose obedience the Holy Spirit is poured on all who will believe on Him for salvation from sin and death.

You have to remember that there was no forgiveness before Christ. That is a crucial difference. Men carried their sins mounting up in their lives all the way to their deathbed. It was God's choice to look on the blood of animals instead, but men's hearts continued to be unregenrate, despite faith by which God accounted people like Abraham 'righteous'. God's relationship with man was balanced on a knife-edge which from one generation to the next, depended on there being at least one person alive who was willing to listen to Him and relay His word to the rest of the nation.

Quote:
..."The God of our fathers has chosen you that you should know His will, and see the Just One, and ((hear the voice of His mouth.))

I'm not quite sure why you have emphasised 'hear the voice of His mouth'. Please could you explain what you are thinking?

What I'm thinking is... that was nothing new (except it was new to Paul) and, Paul had already heard Him speak on the Damascus road. Also, of course Paul was not the only believer to hear Him speak either then or since.

So, what's on your mind?

contd.

2007/12/6 14:32

contd.

Then you said:

Quote:
They prophesy, they are given visions, and dreams. And for what purpose? Is it not to know the mind of Christ?

Well, obviously these things are part of knowing the mind of Christ, but they are a comparatively small part of human existence (for the Christian).

I decided to quote 1 Corinthians from which 'the mind of Christ' is taken. It appears to be something different from being renewed in the spirit of our minds although without doubt, as we discern the mind of Christ through the Spirit, we are supposed to agree with Him every time without fail, [i]so[/i] that our minds can be renewed.

17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 Where [i]is[/i] the wise? Where [i]is[/i] the scribe? Where [i]is[/i] the disputer of this world? Hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23 but we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24 but unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, [i]are called[/i]: 27 but God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28 and base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, [i]yea[/i], and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29 that no flesh should glory in his presence. 30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31 that, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. 2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching [i]was[/i] not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. 6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7 but we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, [i]even[/i] the hidden [i]wisdom[/i], which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known [it], they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10 But God hath revealed [i]them[/i] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [i]them[/i], because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

1 Corinthians
1:17 - 2:16

2007/12/6 14:45

Hi Jeff,

I know you said earlier that you have 3D responsibilities which take up your mind and time and energy. And I've been thinking about your comment that you have never heard a commentator say Job was prophesying.

But, remember this. His is the oldest book in scripture. He was an Elamite, maybe even before Abraham's generation (as Elam is only just after Noah), and definitely before Moses (who, for those reading who may not know, wrote down the word received from God to man until his day, in what we have as the books placed first in the Old Testament - although they are not first chronologically;) and he said this:

Job 26:13
By His Spirit He adorned the heavens; [u]His hand pierced the fleeing serpent[/u].

What could be more prophetic?

Even Balaam prophesied something so good for Israel, it cannot but refer to Jesus Christ.

2007/12/8 8:47

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy