SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : IS GOD ALL-LOVING? HE IS NOT!!!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
What do you mean by "all loving?" And do you think that is what it is historically thought to mean by "all loving?"

The modern gospel says God is all-loving and this is man centered. I hear that if you were the only sinner in the world Jesus still would have died for you. Please! Jesus will kill you before He will exalt you as if man is worthy to be died for. God is God-loving. He does all things for the glory and love of His own name.

2007/10/18 11:15

Re:

Quote:
God loves all man. He came and died for everyone's sin. He hates sin so much, that He died on the cross for you.

God hated Esau, but loved Jacob. So God loved every man except Esau? Or I guess you would say Christ died for Esau and Judas and Pharoh to go to Hell. Thats a weak atonement and powerless sacrifice, you are stripping Christ of His glory on the cross.

2007/10/18 11:19
badthad

Re: IS GOD ALL-LOVING? HE IS NOT!!!!!

God is love, therefore he must hate. you don't want a God who looks down on this world at rape, incest, murder, genocide, abortion, and says...oh well. I once heard a paul washer sermon where he talked about this very thing. You just can't get around Psalm 11:5 NASB "The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked, And the one who loves violence His soul hates." Psalm 5:5 NASB "The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes; You hate all who do iniquity" His wrath is turned towards them, we can talk about details, but the verses say what the verses say.

2007/10/18 11:41Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:

pm4Hisglory wrote:
Quote:
God loves all man. He came and died for everyone's sin. He hates sin so much, that He died on the cross for you.

God hated Esau, but loved Jacob. So God loved every man except Esau? Or I guess you would say Christ died for Esau and Judas and Pharoh to go to Hell. Thats a weak atonement and powerless sacrifice, you are stripping Christ of His glory on the cross.

And God hated you also- along with me and anyone else who is saved. That is unless you don't feel the below verse ever applied to you.

Psa 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

2007/10/18 13:00Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

It's always good to examine ourselves when we make many posts that we know are going to be divisive, lest God hate us.

Pro 6:16 These six [things] doth the [u]LORD hate[/u]: yea, seven [are] an abomination unto him:
Pro 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
Pro 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
Pro 6:19 A false witness [that] speaketh lies, and [u]he that soweth discord among brethren.[/u]

2007/10/18 13:11Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Quote:
I recommend AW Tozer's Knowledge of the Holy. God can love and hate at the same time. He is not the sum of parts, but the absence of parts.

Yeah, that book really helped me understand... Tozer explains that God is like a diamond; it is solid throughout, yet multifaceted in appearance. The appearance of the diamond changes relative to our position and the quality of light we view it in. Likewise, from the darkness and perspective of unrepented sin, God will be manifest as judgment and wrath. From the light and position of repentance and faith in Christ, the same God will be manifest as forgiveness and mercy. God has not changed, but our experience of Him has.

If I can be so simple, yet with all reverence, I might say that by human standards and understanding God both loves and hates, yet from the vantage of God, He only "Gods" us. That is, if you live in unrepented sin, God will "God" you with His godliness, whatever effect that will have. If you worship Him in holiness, He will "God" you just the same, the the effects will be different relative to your behavior.

As for the original post, adjectives are weak by themselves as we say that God hates all men in their state as sinners; He loves all men as creatures; He forebears with all men through the universal aspects of Christ's atonement; He especially loves His elect who believe on Him - these He loves with an everlasting love.

[b]Why does He love anyone, when all are sinners?[/b]

The Elect are, of themselves, fundamentally no better or distinct from the rest of the human race, apart from the distinguishing grace of God in the election. By nature they are equally fallen in Adam as everyone else, and apart from effectual calling by God's Spirit, none would have willingly come to Him under any circumstance. God calls the elect on the merit of His own mercy, and not because of any particular merit of their own, foreseen or potential.

Ephesians 1:9, 11
[v9] “According to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself.”
[v11] “Predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will.”

Deut.7:6-8
“For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth. 7 The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people: 8 But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.”

Note: God's choice of National Israel was based on His determinate love and in order to fulfill His promises. Likewise, the election of sinners to salvation in Christ is based on the determinate love and eternal covenant that God made within Himself between the Father and the Son, witnessed by the Spirit. The exact reasons of His electing decree are locked within the secret counsel of God's own will, but may be accepted as perfect and ideal, as they were made by God. Simply, it was His good pleasure to love his people.

When were the elect chosen?

- Before the foundation of the world. [Eph.1:4]
Before time and creation, the Father determined in Himself to choose whom He would from those fallen in Adam; to redeem them through the Son and sanctify them through the Spirit – that they should be made holy and blameless.

“The salvation of fallen man rests safely in the eternal good pleasure of an unchangeable God.” - den Butter

2007/10/18 13:17Profile

Re:

quote]And God hated you also- along with me and anyone else who is saved. That is unless you don't feel the below verse ever applied to you.

Yes but while we were still sinners Christ died for us. He died for all the elect that God had set His love upon from the beginning.[

2007/10/18 15:26

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy