Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Blog Names

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
HomeFree89

Indiana

Blog Names

Lord willing, I'm planning on start another blog that will be all about the persecuted Church, but I'm having troubles coming up with a name for it. I've thought about calling it, The Faithful, after the song by Steve Green, but I'm not sure about it. Do any of you have any suggestions?

Jordan

2007/10/10 16:47Profile
jarona

The Earth

Re: Blog Names

Quote:
Lord willing, I'm planning on start another blog that will be all about the persecuted Church, but I'm having troubles coming up with a name for it. I've thought about calling it, The Faithful, after the song by Steve Green, but I'm not sure about it. Do any of you have any suggestions?

Perhaps you could call it: "Gods' chosen vessels carrying the Cross, amidst pain and persecution"

Maybe I don't have a good answer but I wanted to post something because you mentioned the persecuted church. Praise God for you! It is so great to find of others who have a heart for Gods' people and to find people who help support the persecuted church! Good on ya mate! I will be working with Autumn Rain International here soon. Have you ever heard about Autumn Rain and the work they do as far as taking Bibles into China? It is great to be able to serve and aid Gods' people, the persecuted church. We in the west can do so much with the money we have; whether it is equipping a native missionary with a bicycle for $65 or for a $1.25 we can equip a missionary with 250 gospel tracts, or we can give $1 so that a person in India can receive a Bible, etc. etc. (O may we give all for Jesus, and then believe Him for more that we might then give even more) O if only I or we were became like men of God like George Muller, how much we could do for Christ and for others. Keep fighting the battle and spreading the Word. Keep looking to Him who is the author and finisher of our faith! Keep looking to the triumphant King!
Proverbs 18:10, Psalm 31:24

2007/10/10 17:22Profile

"White Robes of Persecution", "The Overcomers", "The Church Triumphant", "The Victorious in Christ", "The Martyrs", and as you already stated, "The Persecuted Church"...

...as I write this, I feel compelled to note that I am wholly unable to suggest anything of real value because I have neither suffered, nor do I know victory, as do those in the persecuted church.

How utterly feeble I am.

2007/10/10 20:16
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

I was trying to look up something in Greek, the greek word for martyr is Martus!! I was hoping for something more creative.
Then I looked at the King James reference the same word is used for Witnesses.
Which sounded abit better
I always like something to have some history behind what you say and meaning

2007/10/10 20:38Profile
Compton

Re:

Bless you Jordan,

I can relate to Corey's sense of unworthiness, and even shame to try and "brand" the story of persecuted saints. However, as your blog may help tell their stories, and help some of us remember their suffering, and perhaps prepare for our own time to come... an idea did come to me.

There is an account of Andrew in Foxe's book of Martyers that contains a short phrase which has and continues to challenge my walk with Christ ever since I heard it. Perhaps it can be a noble title for the unfolding story you would be telling, and lives you would be esteeming.

Andrew... would not have preached the honour and glory of the cross, if he had feared the death of the cross.

Andrew coming to the place, and seeing afar off the cross prepared, did change neither countenance nor colour, as the imbecility of mortal men is wont to do, neither did his blood shrink, neither did he fail in his speech; his body fainted not, neither was his mind molested; his understanding did not fail him, as it is the manner of men to do, but out of the abundance of his heart his mouth did speak; and fervent charity did appear in his words as kindled sparks: he said, O cross, most welcome and long looked for; with a willing mind joyfully and desirously I come to thee, being the scholar of Him which did hang on thee; because I have been always thy lover, and have coveted to embrace thee.

The name of your blog could be Most Welcome Cross.

MC

2007/10/10 22:24Profile
Sistren_MML

Ft. Wayne, IN

What about "Of Whom the World was Not Worthy" (Heb. 11:38)?

Just an idea.

2007/10/11 12:01Profile
Tears_of_joy

This is what is happening to our brothers and sisters around the world.

[b]Imprisoned Pastor's Health Failing – VOM Sources[/b]
On September 24, The Voice of the Martyrs received reports that Pastor Zhang Rongliang's health was failing, and if he is not released, he would die in prison. According to contacts in China, "Pastor Zhang must be carried from place to place by two men supporting him. He does not walk well on his own. He openly questions whether he can finish this sentence. If he is not released, there is a good chance that he will die in prison." Pastor Zhang still has four years remaining of the seven-and-a-half year sentence he received after his arrest in 2004. He already had previously spent 12 years in prison for his faith during five separate detentions. He experienced harsh torture, including electric shock, during his previous prison terms. Pray for Pastor Zhang's healing and for his release from prison. Pray the Holy Spirit will encourage him and that his testimony will draw nonbelievers into the knowledge of Christ. Psalm 118:17; 3 John 2

2007/10/11 12:13Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Wow, there are a lot of good blog names here, I'll have to pray about it. Thanks!

Since we're on the topic of the persecuted church, here's an e-mail my pastor sent today.

"Dear friend,

A few months ago, The Voice of the Martyrs launched a campaign to help secure the release of Mr. Son, a missionary to North Korea. His story is both tragic and inspiring.

Mr. Son Jong Nam was an army officer in North Korea. He witnessed the brutality of the government when secret police kicked his pregnant wife in the stomach and she miscarried.

Not long after this, Mr. Son and his family defected to China. It was in China that Mr. Son met a missionary and gave his life to Christ. In time, he felt called to be an evangelist to his homeland of North Korea.

Before Mr. Son could make plans to secretly travel back to North Korea, he was arrested by Chinese police and extradited. Back in his homeland, he was convicted of his "illegal" Christian activities and served three years of imprisonment and brutal torture.

After his release, Mr. Son made his way back to China and continued his biblical studies. Once again, he felt called to share Christ with the many lost souls of North Korea.

Mr. Son’s friends begged him not to return to North Korea -- it was just too dangerous. But with the call of God on his life, he returned to share the Good News.

Mr. Son was arrested again in January 2006 and was sentenced to be publicly executed for his persistent Christian work.

During the past few months, VOM has worked with Mr. Son’s brother to publicize his case. Many in the media picked up the story, and top officials in Washington, D.C. wrote letters.

VOM also featured Mr. Son on the Prisoner Alert Web site (www.PrisonerAlert.com), encouraging supporters to write a letter on his behalf. Nearly 4,000 letters have already been written.

This was all made possible because concerned Christians were willing to stand with their persecuted family through prayer, action and financial gifts. The Voice of the Martyrs thanks all those who stood with us in this effort. Mr. Son has not yet been released, but we remain hopeful this campaign will bring much needed attention to his plight and that of others who are persecuted for their faith in Christ.

If you have not sent a letter to Mr. Son or other Christian prisoners, we encourage you to visit www.PrisonerAlert.com or sign up below to receive regular Prisoner Alert updates. Each month you will be informed of a Christian prisoner you can write to."

Heb. 13:3 "Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body."

Jordan

2007/10/11 16:08Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

jarona wrote:
Quote:

Perhaps you could call it: "Gods' chosen vessels carrying the Cross, amidst pain and persecution"

Maybe I don't have a good answer but I wanted to post something because you mentioned the persecuted church. Praise God for you! It is so great to find of others who have a heart for Gods' people and to find people who help support the persecuted church! Good on ya mate! I will be working with Autumn Rain International here soon. Have you ever heard about Autumn Rain and the work they do as far as taking Bibles into China? It is great to be able to serve and aid Gods' people, the persecuted church. We in the west can do so much with the money we have; whether it is equipping a native missionary with a bicycle for $65 or for a $1.25 we can equip a missionary with 250 gospel tracts, or we can give $1 so that a person in India can receive a Bible, etc. etc. (O may we give all for Jesus, and then believe Him for more that we might then give even more) O if only I or we were became like men of God like George Muller, how much we could do for Christ and for others. Keep fighting the battle and spreading the Word. Keep looking to Him who is the author and finisher of our faith! Keep looking to the triumphant King!
Proverbs 18:10, Psalm 31:24

Hi Jarona,

No, I haven't heard of Autumn Rain International, but it sounds like a good ministry. Maybe when you have time you could send me some more info on it.

Jordan

2007/10/11 16:10Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

Corey_H wrote:

How utterly feeble I am.

Amen!

2007/10/11 16:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.