SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Days ARE Evil

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Here is a story from the BBC. Are the nations of this era like those of old who sacrificed their babies to Moloch?

"A new type of ultrasound scan has produced the vivid pictures of a 12 week-old foetus "walking" in the womb.

The new images also show foetuses apparently yawning and rubbing its eyes.

The scans, pioneered by Professor Stuart Campbell at London's Create Health Clinic, are much more detailed than conventional ultrasound.

Professor Campbell has previously released images of unborn babies appearing to smile.

He has compiled a book of the images called Watch Me Grow.

Conventional ultrasound, usually offered to mothers at 12 and 20 weeks, produces 2D images of the developing foetus.

These are very useful for helping doctors to measure and assess the growth of the foetus, but convey very little information about behaviour.

Professor Campbell has perfected a technique which not only produces detailed 3D images, but records foetal movement in real time.

He says his work has been able to show for the first time that the unborn baby engages in complex behaviour from an early stage of its development.

Professor Campbell told the BBC: "This is a new science for understanding and mapping out the behaviour of the baby.

"Maybe in the future it will help us understand and diagnose genetic disease, maybe even conditions like cerebral palsy which puzzles the medical profession as to why it occurs."

The images have shown:

From 12 weeks, unborn babies can stretch, kick and leap around the womb - well before the mother can feel movement

From 18 weeks, they can open their eyes although most doctors thought eyelids were fused until 26 weeks

From 26 weeks, they appear to exhibit a whole range of typical baby behaviour and moods, including scratching, smiling, crying, hiccoughing, and sucking.

Until recently it was thought that smiling did not start until six weeks after birth.

An hour long session using the new technology, which is not yet available on the NHS, costs £275."

30,000,000 children have died in the U.S. alone. How many have died world wide?

"Professing to be wise they became fools," Romans 1:22

In Christ
Jeff

2004/6/28 15:22Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/june/14867.jpg[/img]

[b]Photo Moment: Ultrasound Advances Show Babies Smile in the Womb![/b]
This image captured using a 4D scanner suggests that unborn babies exhibit facial expressions as a reflex in preparation for birth, obstetrician Professor Stuart Campbell said in London, Friday, Sept. 12, 2003. Create Healthcare who released this image Friday, claim that recent advances in ultrasound scanning have shown that babies smile, cry and blink inside the womb. (AP Photo/Create Healthcare/PA)

2004/6/28 15:26Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

A dear brother just showed me this picture and felt it might convict some people by seeing it. It really shows that there is unique life with character in every womb and it is a terrible tragedy to kill a baby.

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/june/babyhand.gif[/img]

2004/6/28 16:32Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Getting back to the time of post WW 2.

In a previous article:

"One of the main weapons in Hitler's Nazi organization was the use of manipulating the perceptions of the population. This was the first large scale use of propaganda. The Nazi called it; Weltanshauungkrieg. This word can be translated; world view warefare."

Following the WW 2, the United States found that it could not go back to the ways of isolationism. The Cold War intensified during this post war period. There were sporadic military interventions conducted by the Soviet and U.S. However, the main battle was waged in the way of propaganda campaigns. The world had seen first hand how the Nazi's "world view warefare,' had succeeded in mobilizing the German nation. One can see the fruits of this type of warefare by looking to how the German people were blinded by pride. I saw a documentary once that gave a graphic example of how thoroughly successful this mind control warefare influenced the common man. During the holocaust, the skins of the Jewish people were used in the manufacture of lamp shades. We look back to this time in history and ask, how could this happen? How could people blindly fall into such a deception?

This kind of mind or thought perception contol was imported into the U.S. as I have explained in previous posts. The CIA continued in the development of this type of warefare. Remember, from a previous post, that President Eisenhower warned the American people of the military-industrial complex. The point I want to make here is the fact that the results of this mind control research did not stay within the jusidiction of the CIA. The industrial component of the alliance of these two entities also benefited from this research. The private sector took this research and applied it to the marketplace.

Today, one third of all money spent by U.S. corporations, is spent on advertising. Meditate on this phenomena. Today men spend vast amounts of capital on something that produces nothing physical. Do you see the power of the unseen? What controls our thoughts? What is it that creates the desires of our hearts?

In Revelation, John writes about an entity called Babylon. He writes about the merchants. He writes about the kings who commit fornication with the whore. What do the hearts of the world worship?

In Christ
Jeff

2004/6/30 12:50Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Continuing along the same line of thought:

Zbigniew Brzezinshi, in his book, The Grand Chessboard, develops a strategy for the acquistion of world supremacy. In the book he outlines how the United States should work to maintain world supremacy. One of the primary means stressed for accomplishing this task is to control the minds of people throughout the world. He first gives historic examples of this method.

Pages 10-11,
"At the empire's apex, the Roman legions deployed abroad numbered no less than three hundred thousand men--a remarkable force, made all the more lethal by the Roman superiority in tactics and armaments as well as by the center's ability to direct relatively rapid deployment. (It is striking to not that in 1996, the vastly more populous supreme power, America, was protecting the outer reaches of its dominion by stationing 296,000 professional soldiers overseas.)

Rome's imperial power, however, was also [b]derived[/b] from an important psychological reality. Civis Romanus sum--"I am a Roman citizen"--was the highest possible self-definition, a source of pride, and an aspiration for many. Eventually granted even to those not of Roman birth, the [b]exaulted status[/b] of the Roman citizen was an expression of [b]cultural superiority[/b] that justified the imperial power's sense of mission. It not only legitimated Rome's rule, but it also inclined those subject to it to [b]desire assimilation[/b] and inclusion in the imperial structure. [b]Cultural superiority,[/b] taken for granted by the rulers and conceded by the subjugated, thus reinforces imperial power."

Paul gives us a glimpse into this phenomena, when he choose to claim the rights of being a Roman citizen. These rights afforded him a level of treatment not held by the masses around him.

The appeal or the pull of belonging to something such as the thought of a superior culture causes blindness to the truth. The Nazi's proclaimed that they were the superior race. The Jews of Jesus' time on earth fell for basically the same reason. They prided themselves in the fact that they shared in the genealogy of the twelve tribes of Jacob.

John the Baptist spoke to this phenomena, "Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance. And do not think to say to yourselves, "We have Abraham as our father." For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones." Matthew 3:8-9

In another place, the Pharisees brougth compliance about in the same way.

"His parents said these things because they feared the Jews, for the Jews had agreed already that if anyone confessed that He was Christ, he would be put out of the synagogue." Mark 9:22

What does it mean to accept the mark of the beast?

In Christ
Jeff

2004/6/30 15:40Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

I believe that the acceptance of the mark of beast is 2 fold. part of it has to do with the system which will come into play in which one has to have a certain mark in order to buy and sell goods, basically a license to survive. the other is the acceptance of the power of the beast as supreme. anyone else have any ideas?

2004/7/1 10:34Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Again from Zbigniew Brzenzinski.

"Cultural domination has been an underappreciated facet of American global power. Whatever one may think of its aesthetic values, America's mass culture exercises a magnetic appeal, especially on the world's youth. Its attraction may be derived from the hedonistic quality of the lifestyle it projects, but its global appeal is undeniable. American television programs and films account for about three-fourths of the global market. American popular music is equally dominant, while American fads, eating habits, and even clothing are increasingly imitated worldwide. The language of the Internet is English, and an overwhelming proportion of the global computer chatter also originates from America, influencing the content of global conversation. Lastly, America has become a Mecca for those seeking advanced education, with approximately half a million foreign students flocking to the United States, with many of the ablest never returning home. Graduates from American universities are to be found in almost every Cabinet on every continent." Page 25

Do you see the idea of cultural superiority and how it can lead to blindness? Do you see how easily we have accepted this role in the world? Do you see how nationalism tugs at our hearts? For what reason does this country strive?

In Christ
Jeff

2004/7/1 12:37Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

we strive to be the best at everything. say would the blindness you're talking about be blindness to all else except becoming the best at all costs?

2004/7/1 15:12Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Ironman,

I believe some are motivated by the desire to be the best at what they do. They strive with all their might to obtain that for which they seek. The question still remains, does the outcome of their efforts glorify men or God. In the end times men will worship themselves. They will look to the world for their glory. The coming anti-christ will set himself before the world as savior.

I have recently thought about what Hitler represents in accordance to Scripture. He promoted the idea of the master race. He promoted the idea that the German culture was superior to all others. He promoted the idea that he was Germany's father. I marvel at the blindness of the German people. Yet, what do we hear today? Is there an element of cultural superiority promoted within our country. I wonder about the idea that many attribute the idea of cultural superiority with Christianity. Yet, if we look at to our present leaders, the President professes Christ. Yet look at all the people he has surrounded himself with. Are they Christian? If Bush died today, our Vise-President Cheney would take over. No one have been able to tell me what Cheney is. Does anyone in this forum have a clue?

It is not my intention to claim that our government represents the anti-christ. It is my intention to point out how easily men are swayed by the empty philosophies of this world.

Out of time,
In Christ
Jeff

2004/7/2 11:37Profile
Rahman

Re:

Brother Jeff you posted:

((( Do you see the idea of cultural superiority and how it can lead to blindness? Do you see how easily we have accepted this role in the world? Do you see how nationalism tugs at our hearts? For what reason does this country strive? )))

Then you also posted:

((( Is there an element of cultural superiority promoted within our country. )))

You know brother Jeff the company I work for was taken over by a British company three years back, and I learned something about American nationalism that I'd not known before ... I was under the impression that since America and Britain were such allies governmentally that it would be a cinch to work for the Brits ... Not so, for I got a rude awakening about how many Brits (as well as other countries) feel about America, and Americans ... You'd be surprised at how many really nasty jokes other countries have about this one, and then this dawned on me, when you're the planets big dog superiority doesn't have to be promoted domestically or internationally, it's simply taken for granted and therefore subconsciously projected, it's institutional ... I told one of the Brits who was doing some rather disrepectful things with Old Glory that the reason why most Americans have few readily available nasty jokes about most other nations is that we very rarely even think of them unless they produce something that Madison Ave. has convinced us is worth buying ... I don't think that America or Americans are so much guilty of having a superiority complex as it is of a reverse pride of not having an national feelings of inferiority at all ... One dosen't have to promote one self as the standard if the rest of the world has placed one on the pedestal of being the standard ... I'd say that America and Americans feel inferior to no other nation, but many other nations, even though they'll deny it feel inferior to America, and therein lies the rub ...

I don't think America or American's set out to propagandize the rest of the planet with a preset notion/message of its own cultural superiority, I don't think that's our blindness, our blindness is now a really mournfully misguided, schizophrenic, still meritoriously based on our Puritan heritage of yesteryear, belief in our continued moral and ethical superiority ... I think this is the blindness that most Americans believe, and will readily propagandize regardless of all the evidence pointing to the cesspool of ethical, moral and double standard corruption this nation has become ... It amazes me that most Americans, even though neck deep in all types of sin that offend God and the really less fortunate in this world can still utter regarding 9/11 that we're innocent ... Now to me, that's America's ultimate blindness, the fact that we can't see that there's some truth to our have becoming "the great satan" in a way far less disruptive than say the way of a Hitler or a Stalin, but putrifying non the less.

America is made up of so many diverse cultures until most Americans glory in the meaning of their own ethnic culture at the expense of glorying in an collective American nationalism ... I don't think the majority of Americans (especially today) for the most part are especially nationalistic or patriotic ... I think Americans are only interested in, and strive for three things, their own individual pursuits of "life, liberty, and the pursuit of hapiness" which satan has transformed into modern America's new religion ... I believe that most Americans reaction to 9/11 wasn't really birthed out of some new found sense of nationalism, or patriotism, but was due to the fact that those crazy terrorist put one major crater in our broad and spacious road of hedonism, and threaten to do so again ... Praise God we're free from any of these encumbrances.

All I can say brother Jeff is that these are exciting times we're living i ... You, I and all the rest of we Christian's on this planet could soon witness a movement of the Holy Ghost unprecedented on the Church of Christ, we could soon be waist deep into His final harvest, for where things were once at a simmer in our world, the bubbles I see popping to the top tells me that soon comes a vigorous boil! ... Maranatha ... come quickly Lord Jesus ... Amen

2004/7/2 17:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy