SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Days ARE Evil

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Re:

Brother Rahman,

Look to the download section on this site. Look to the bottom right corner under the topic of misc. audio. First selection is compilations.

God Bless all
In Christ
Jeff

2004/6/24 18:09Profile
Rahman

Re:

Thanks brother Jeff ... got it!

2004/6/24 18:40Profile
rookie

Re:

I was watching a news story yesterday on Luara Bush. What I hadn't realized is that she supports Roe vs Wade. Someone on another site did the research for me. Here is another illustration.

Laura Bush's abortion comments 'personal views,' Fleischer says Laura Bush is interviewed in Washington on Friday

January 19, 2001
Web posted at: 9:12 p.m. EST (0212 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Laura Bush, the wife of President-elect George W. Bush, said Friday she believes the country could do more to minimize the number of abortions, but also indicated she doesn't believe the 1973 Supreme Court ruling legalizing abortions should be overturned.

"No, I don't think it should be overturned," Mrs. Bush told NBC's "Today Show" when asked about the high court's decision, Roe vs. Wade.

Mrs. Bush did not respond in the interview when asked if a woman had a right to an abortion. Instead, she said the country should do "what we can to limit the number of abortions, to try to reduce the number of abortions in a lot of ways, and that is, by talking about responsibility with girls and boys, by teaching abstinence, having abstinence classes everywhere in schools and in churches and in Sunday school," she replied.

"I agree with my husband that we should try to reduce the number of abortions in our country by doing all those things," she said.

The Bush team refused to comment on the first lady-to-be's statements.

Ari Fleischer, Bush's designated press secretary, said he would not discuss the "personal views" of the president-elect's family.

During the presidential campaign, Bush did not push for a constitutional amendment to ban abortion, even though he supports one except in cases of rape or incest, or to protect the life of the mother. Bush said he didn't believe there was enough public support for such a move.

Mrs. Bush said the country should do "what we can to limit the number of abortions" but that Roe v. Wade shouldn't be overturned

In January 2000, Bush said he thought that Roe vs. Wade "was a reach" and that it "overstepped constitutional bounds."

Noelia Rodriguez, Mrs. Bush's press secretary, said that Mrs. Bush's position on abortion is that there should be education on issues, such as abstinence and responsible behavior, to reduce the number of abortions, and only when pressed, did she answer the question on the landmark Roe vs. Wade ruling.

When asked if Mrs. Bush supports a woman's right to choose, Rodriguez said, "She already addressed the question."

"Everything Mrs. Bush wants said on this topic has been said," Rodriguez added.

Later Friday in an interview on CNN, Mrs. Bush said she intends to use her position as first lady to put a focus on education.

"I will take a high profile, at least a high interest, in education issues. I think education is the most important issue in our country," said Mrs. Bush, who earned her masters degree in library science and taught school from 1968-77.

Education is "the great equalizer," she said. "It's the one way that every single person has a chance to succeed."

Speaking with CNN's Wolf Blitzer, Mrs. Bush said she never imagined when she married Bush that he would rise to the highest position in the land.

Not only that, but she said she "would have never guessed then that his dad would have become vice president or president."

"People use to say, Do you think George will get back into politics?' and I'd joke, 'Maybe when we're 50.' And as it turned out, we were pretty close to 50 when he ran for governor."

Here is an example of putting one's faith in education. I was once a proponent of education. Another false path.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/6/25 16:17Profile
Rahman

Re:

You know brother Jeff I was watching President Bush's rebuttal to the swipes Ron Reagan Jr. made at his dad's funeral regarding Bush's overt mixing of his faith and politics, where Pres. Bush stated that like Thomas Jefferson he also believed in seperation of church and state, and instantly I thought "what association does light have with darkness"? ... George Bush espouses to being a born again believer, while Thomas Jefferson was a self serving diest who literally whittled down an actual Bible to the scriptures he agreed with while discarding the rest ... I think President Bush would do well to research the founding fathers beliefs before he agrees with them ...

It's a real shame that our presidents are so much like the so called good kings of the divided kingdom of Israel back in ancient times, they too just couldn't seem to bring themselves to tearing down ALL the high places of Baal for fear that the people might rebel, and for that both kingdoms eventually secumbed to God's judgement of destruction ... What is to be, will be.

2004/6/25 17:20Profile
rookie

Re:

Amen Brother Rahman,

In my own life, as a father, before I became a believer, I was striving to provide the best education that I could contemplate for my new son. At that point in my life I viewed education as the cure all for man's miseries. In this article about Luara Bush, I see myself in her as she is now. I recognize our common solution to man's problems.

I now thank God for opening my eyes to the only living water that has ever existed. May we not be accused of using broken cisterns that cannot hold that water.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/6/25 17:58Profile
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re:

Rahman,
Was President Bush saying that his idea of "separation of church and state" meant freedom OF religion or freedom FROM religion? Jefferson (whatever religion he was) and the other Founders (mostly Christians) taught "separation of church and state" to mean freedom OF religion. It is the modern PC slant that renders the phrase to mean freedom FROM religion. From the article, what did you gather our President to be meaning?

Quote:
It's a real shame that our presidents are so much like the so called good kings of the divided kingdom of Israel back in ancient times, they too just couldn't seem to bring themselves to tearing down ALL the high places of Baal for fear that the people might rebel, and for that both kingdoms eventually secumbed to God's judgement of destruction

Amen! (Unfortunately!) I was reading an article, I think from the Vision Forum, about how too many Christians are simply supporting President Bush uncritically and making excuses for the policies he makes that contradict Scripture. The author made the point that if Clinton or another liberal made some of the same decisions, how would you respond? He really stressed not having a double standard. I was really convicted by the article. I now pray for our President to stand for the Truth regardless of the cost. As I think about it more, President Bush is even more accountable because he claims the cross. Who, like John the Baptist will rise to tell him of his errors?!

Jeff / Rahman, [b]How do you pray for our President?[/b]

Jeff,
Thanks for the post about the limits of education. I remember holding that same belief you once held until I was confronted with those who smoke cigarettes. How many people who smoke, know it is harmful, and yet continue this destructive habit day in and day out? The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

God bless you both and have a blessed weekend,
Matthew

2004/6/25 18:58Profile
rookie

Re:

Matthew 2323,

I am guilty of not praying for the president. I have no hope in the ways of this world. And thus, I have strayed from the path which calls us to pray that we might live in peace. I see no peace, only the seas of humanity being thrashed to and fro. I have no hope in any political party.

In another thought, VP Cheney, I just tried to research his religious beliefs. I haven't been successful yet.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/6/28 12:24Profile
Rahman

Re:

Brother Matthew you posted:

((( Was President Bush saying that his idea of "separation of church and state" meant freedom OF religion or freedom FROM religion? )))

You know brother Matt it just dawned on me that's what he meant, "freedom of religion", so I guess President Bush was ok in agreeing with Jefferson on that ... I just wish that we could have one Christian President who would get in office and do and say exactly what he knows/believes the Bible states/God desires, without thought to his political career, or whether he'd be elcted to another term ... I think it's just to much to hope for ... I've heard some say that "it's good to be the king", but I don't think so especially if one is a Christian ... Kings, presidents, prime ministers, etc., seem to have to do an awful lot of compromising of their Christian beliefs/principals in order to hold an office of rule over mankind ... That's why I instantly thought of the Kings of Israel and Judah, who just didn't seem to be able to be 100% for the Lord in political office.

Brother Matthew you also posted:

((( I now pray for our President to stand for the Truth regardless of the cost. As I think about it more, President Bush is even more accountable because he claims the cross. Who, like John the Baptist will rise to tell him of his errors?! )))

I totally agree with you on the "even more accountable" issue regarding the president's claim to the cross, and I just hope that he understands this ... I'm thinking that it must be becoming clearer to him everyday what he's gotten himself into in that God will not have us ignorant, and since He is not a respector of persons I'm sure the Holy Spirit is talking to president Bush - now as to will the president listen, and be bold enough to speak/do the mind/will of Christ ...

And your second point is the most poignant ... WHERE IS GOD'S SPOKESMAN FOR THIS AGE???? ... One would think that with all the religious right preachers, etc. hanging around the president one of them would have the unction to call it like the Lord shows it to them ... This is where I feel a certain despair creeping into my spirit, and one that I know I've got to keep check on for I've come to far by faith to allow a faltering now ... But I'd be less than truthful if I didn't confess that I'm weary of waiting to see the hand of our God move mightly ...

Brother Matthew you also posted:

((( Jeff / Rahman, How do you pray for our President? )))

I just ask the Lord to direct Pres. Bush in the way that he should go and then to give him the boldness to do so, and also to bring him to repentance in any areas where he's made to realize that he's made errors, both politically and personally ... I used to pray even longer, more indepth prayers concerning Christ Church and it's leaders, revival and America and it's leaders, but I'm secumbing to weariness (which has now taken up much of my prayer time in praying for my own strength because I feel myself becoming weary in well doing, even though I know it's always darkest before the dawn) ... Pray for me, as I for you ... Amen

2004/6/28 13:57Profile
Rahman

Re:

Brother Jeff in answer to brother Matthew's question of how do we pray for president Bush you posted:

((( I am guilty of not praying for the president. I have no hope in the ways of this world. And thus, I have strayed from the path which calls us to pray that we might live in peace. I see no peace, only the seas of humanity being thrashed to and fro. I have no hope in any political party. )))

Brother Jeff (please correct me if I'm wrong) you sound as if you're already at a place that I'm just now arriving to, a "weary" place when it comes to any type of positive expectation of any "repentant" good from humanity ... I've been trying my level best not to get to such a place in my outlook on the unsaved, and especially with my outlook on the saved ... It's like with my discussions with sister Chanin on "Christian City" ... I'm literally sick to gagging of Churchianity with it's commitees, programmed worship services, $150.00 choir robes, demi-god/CEO preachers, and the like, but I know that I'm not supposed to abandon them, especially in prayer ... But God knows, at this point, I sure want to ... So let me table this question ...

Would you place our scriptural admonition to pray for our political leaders, under the same explicit scriptural instruction to "be not weary in well doing" ? ... It's this admonition that has fueled me for far longer than I've wanted to in praying for Christ Church and it's leaders, revival, and America and it's leaders, but as I've already stated to our Lord, "I'm tired, for it seems to only be getting worse, and nobody seems to be listening" ... I still pray, but it certainly isn't with the same fire, fervor and hours, as say even a year ago ... I long to see/experience/participate in the mighty movement of the Holy Ghost, that He's been telling me for 20 years is coming ... It's been glimpses of that little hand shaped cloud that has kept me going for years, but I long to stand in a full fledged thunder storm of a downpour of the Holy Ghost, where I'm no longer just peculiar by myself ... Pray for me, as I for you ... Amen

2004/6/28 14:02Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Rahman,

"be not weary in doing well"

You have seen my heart and I am weary many times, yet when I see the futility of men I also remember the work the Lord did in me to bring me to a deeper understanding of the depravity of man. We as evangelicals, often preach to our brothers and sisters about this doctrine. Yet, I believe we often miss all the implications or applications of this doctrine in day to day life.

Secondly, during President Reagan's week of sevices, I saw a film clip covering the meetings between Gorbachov and himself. There was a point in this clip where Gorbachov spoke candidly about his negotiations with Reagan. The Soviet president said something to this effect, "For some strange reason I believed that President Reagan was speaking the truth." Gorbachov said it in a way that he seemed puzzled by this event.

As I watched this clip, I believe God was behind this reconciliation of two men who ruled the world at one time. So I am weary most of the time, but every now and then I see His hand working. It is these times that give me a refreshing.

Thankyou for your exhortation, Brother Rahman.

God Bless
Jeff

2004/6/28 14:55Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy