SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Days ARE Evil

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
PosterThread
Rahman

Re: Days ARE Evil

Brother Jeff, you quoted:
Ecc. 1:
18 For in much wisdom is much grief,
And he who increases knowledge increases sorrow.

Ha! ... ha! ... brother Jeff that scripture reminds me also a lot of you ... i've often thought in reading this thread this brother and i of are like mind/spirit/calling ...

i love knowledge, always have, just not any ole kind tho ... i'm analytical by God's design and am extremely inquisitive, but not by what most in my peer group finds fascinating ... i find God to be the most fascinating subject of inquiry period ... He's the only subject who's promises that if we diligently call unto/seek Him, that He'll answer us and tell us more and more and more things that we didn't know before ... i'm most joyous and at peace when i'm in that Holy of Holies place with God, and i'm not wearing a rope because i don't want nobody on the outer side pulling me out! ... '0)

i was reading a book last week that asked me "What is your greatest gift" ... i couldn't for the life of me pin it down so i asked Holy Spirit to tell me ... True to form as usual just the other day, out of the clear blue, He said to me, "Your greatest gift is your ability to talk to and about God" ... That kinda blew me away because when i'm talking to, or about God it's hard to shut me up, other than that i tend to revert back to my more reserved, contemplative, quieter self ... But truly what i concider my greatest treasure is that He answers back ... It's impossible for any saint to diligently seek communion with the all knowing, and all wise Creator, and not have some of it rub off ... And yeah what you learn can cause grief, and increase sorrow, that for me soon pales in the glow of all the blessings of attaining His knowledge, and wisdom ...

There are so many life sustaining "wisdom" and "knowledge" perks listed in Proverbs for those saints that indure a little more grief and sorrow to be in His know, here i've just included a few ...

Wisdom:

Prov.2
[1] My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
[2] So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
[3] Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
[4] If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
[5] Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
[6] For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
[7] He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.
[8] He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints.
[9] Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path.
[10] When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul;
[11] Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:
[12] To deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh froward things

Prov.3
[13] Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
[14] For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.
[15] She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
[16] Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour.
[17] Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.
[18] She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.
[21] My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion:
[22] So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck.
[23] Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble.
[24] When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.
[25] Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh.
[26] For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

Knowledge:

Prov.9
[10] The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Prov.20
[15] There is gold, and a multitude of rubies: but the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel.

Holy Spirit is doing something so beautiful, and so miraculous in my spirit these days that i can't even begin to put it into words ... But i especially pray the same anointing on you brother Jeff, and each and every other saint who longs to possess the "knowledge" and "wisdom" of our Jesus ... Amen

2005/3/14 14:16Profile
rookie

Re:

This morning I saw a 90 second news release covering the state of religion in the U.K. It stated that only 5% of the population attend church regularly. It then reported that in Manchester England, merchandise stores are having pastors from various backgrounds come into the stores as part of a service that they offer to the consumer. The story also noted that these stores were trying to recruit local Islamic leaders too.

Is this an acurate description of the state of Christianity in England today or is it propaganda?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/3/15 11:54Profile
rookie

Re:

Associated Press
Trade Deficit at All-Time High of $665.9B
Wednesday March 16, 11:17 am ET
By Martin Crutsinger, AP Economics Writer

U.S. Trade Deficit Hits All-Time High of $665.9 Billion in 2004, Commerce Dept. Reports

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The United States deficit in the broadest measure of international trade soared to an all-time high of $665.9 billion in 2004, showing in stark terms the speed with which the country is becoming indebted to the rest of the world.

The Commerce Department reported Wednesday that the shortfall in the current account was 25.5 percent higher than the previous record, the $530.7 billion deficit set in 2003. The department also noted that the deficit was worsening as the year ended with the shortfall in the fourth quarter hitting a record $187.9 billion, up 13.3 percent from the third quarter deficit.

The Bush administration contends the soaring trade deficits reflect a U.S. economy that is growing faster than the rest of the world, pushing up imports and dampening demand for U.S. exports. But private economists are worried that the huge level of resources being transferred into the hands of foreigners will eventually result in lower U.S. living standards."

Matt. 24:32 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.

How long will this nation choose to be blind?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/3/16 11:34Profile
Rahman

Re:

Brother Jeff,

And the debt goes on ...

i'm just finishing up a book entitled "The Coming Crash in the Housing Market" which breaks down how leveraged out all the main players are in the effort to keep America's precarious Economy functioning on "debt" by extending mad credit to the most "sub-prime" of borrowers, to say nothing of all the deregulation from sane business practices, and the smoke and mirrors games contrived to say on paper that one can in fact afford a house that common sense says otherwise ... Anyway the main players are ...

1 - Banks (who initially loan the $$$)

2- Private Mortgage Insurance Companies (Who because hardly anyone puts down 20% of their own cash anymore, underwrite responsibility for reimbursement to the lender of the mortgage debt in case of default - Responsible for $750 billion dollars in mortgage loan defaults)

3 - Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (Who buy up mortgage debt repackage them into derivatives and somehow sell them, a great deal to Mutual Funds, Pension Plans, and any other large group of bundled investment monies where such participants are average Joe Public's who haven't a clue ... These two combined entities hold $3 trillion dollars in outstanding mortgage loan debt)

But the real Achilles heel out of the three are the PMI's ... There are currently in America 5 small PMI companies with a combined total asset of 11 billion dollars, out on the limb for a combined $530 billion dollars in promise to mortgage default ... This may have been a reasonable gamble 50 years ago in America, but with the dire straits that out economy is in now it's just a matter of God's grace before it begins a domino effect ...

When you posted the Ecc. 1:18 the other day i was so glad that you did because it gave me this scripture to relay to others why i don't have a fear in the world about what's coming ...

Prov.2
[23] Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble.
[24] When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.
[25] Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh.
[26] For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

What a Mighty God we serve! ... Amen

2005/3/16 13:35Profile
rookie

Re:

U.S. REPORTEDLY MISLED ALLIES ABOUT TRANSFER
Pakistan, not North Korea, sold nuclear material to Libya, intelligence shows

By Dafna Linzer
The Washington Post

In an effort to increase pressure on North Korea, the Bush Administration told its Asian allies in briefings earlier this year that Pyongyang had exported nuclear material to Libya. That was a significant new charge, the first allegation that North Korea was helping to create a new nuclear weapon state.

But that is not what U.S. intelligence reported, according to two officials with detailed knowledge of the transaction. North Korea, according to intelligence had supplied uranium hexafluoride-which can be enriched to weapon-grade uranium—to Pakistan. It was Pakistan, a key U. S. ally with its own nuclear arsenal, that sold the material to Libya. The U.S. government had no evidence, the officials said, that North Korea knew of the second transaction.

Pakistan’s role as both the buyer and the seller was concealed to cover up the part played by Washington’s partner in the hunt for al-Qaida leaders, according to the officials, who discussed the issue on the condition of anonymity. In addition, a North Korea-Pakistan transfer would not have been news to the U.S. allies, which have known of such transfers for years and viewed them as a business matter between sovereign states.

The Bush administration’s approach, intended to isolate North Korea, instead left allies increasingly doubtful as they began to learn that the briefings omitted essential details about the transaction, U.S. officials and foreign diplomats said interviews. North Korea responded to public reports last month about the briefings by withdrawing for talks with its neighbors and the United States……

Do you remember last month when all we were told is that North Korea behaves as a rogue nation and that they are a threat to the free world. My question is, why do our leaders lie? What is their real motive for such actions?

Psa. 101:7 He who works deceit shall not dwell within my house;
He who tells lies shall not continue in my presence.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/3/20 14:00Profile
rookie

Re:

Vice President Dick Cheney visited Bakersfield yesterday, listen for the theme of this observation.

BAKERSFIELD CALIFORNIAN
Robert Price Staff Columnist Tuesday March 22, 2005

CHURNING OUT PROPAGANDA, TEXAS-STYLE

Was it just five years and two presidential campaigns ago that George W. Bush was so prolifically mangling English syntax? Or was that some previous White House resident?

I ask because the once-parodied president is building a Ronald Reagan-like rep these days, and not just in the ideological sense.

This Great Communicator (West Texas version) doesn’t have Reagan’s oratorical gifts, but he makes up in resource mobilization what he lacks in enunciation.

We got a taste of that Monday when Vice President Dick Cheney was dispatched to Bakersfield to pitch Bush’s Social Security privatization plan.

In a meticulously choreographed infomercial, Cheney—accompanied by Bakersfield Congressman Bill Thomas—hosted a “town hall meeting” at Cal State Bakersfield that was more like town hall theater. It lacked the two key attributes that tend to characterize the real thing: access and spontaneity.

In order to attend, townfolk first needed to land on somebody’s guest list. And, if history is an indication, the people passing out the invitations were interested in giving the vice president the kind of reception that would best serve his purpose; a crowd willing to supply it’s-all-good sound bites for the evening news.

(A couple of dissenters obtained tickets anyway and briefly interrupted Cheney’s Q-and-A-modeled presentation. Ah, the hazards of going live.)
Cheney called on seven people who raised their hands with questions, and six were conveniently seated on or near an aisle. The microphone-holders located them instantly, and the questions were uniformly positive, on point and clearly stated.

Were they a true cross-section of Americans with realistic range of
Social Security concerns? Hardly.

Nationally, only 33 percent approve of the president’s handling of Social Security, according to the latest Newsweek poll; 59 percent disapprove. More people trust the Democrats (44 percent) on the issue than trust Bush (33 percent.)

But the president had a 99 percent approval rating Monday in the Icardo Room at CSUB.

Give Bush this much: His White House manipulates the media as well as any administration ever has.

Two Bakersfield TV stations broadcast all or part of Cheney’s appearance live, and all four English-language stations that have newscasts topped their evening shows with his appearance. It was probably much the same Monday in Tuscon, where Bush himself was making the same Social Security pitch.

Nothing surprising about that. Republican and Democratic presidents alike have always commanded the camera’s attention.

But this administration seems to take things a step further. Whether it’s allowing idealogue reporters with laughably inadequate credentials into the White House press briefing room, or paying sympathetic newspaper columnists on the QT to promote Bush’s education agenda, or hiring faux reporters to produce one-sided “news stories” that TV stations can and do broadcast as straight news, this White House plays by a different set of rules.

It is called propaganda.

And to think, A recent Knight Foundation survey tells us that one in three teens believes the government ought to be able to approve newspaper stories prior to publication…”

Did you see that last thought? In the 1930’s Hitler and Goebbels brought about that very circumstance. This fact already exists in nations like China. Do you see the growing tide?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/3/22 15:38Profile
Rahman

Re:

What's that old adage? ...

"Tough Times Call for Tough Measures" ...

"Warrior Politics: Why Leadership Demands a Pagan Ethos"
http://www.financialsense.com/Experts/2002/Kaplan.htm

We ain't seen nuthin yet!

2005/3/22 15:56Profile
rookie

Re:

Br. Rahman,

Have you read the book?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/3/22 18:15Profile
Rahman

Re:

Brother Jeff,

No i haven't ...

But the interview is pretty insightful in itself ... No one in America other than the Neo-Cons themselves seem to understand their agenda ... But all the major players outside the dummied down American general public sure do ...

What stuck out to me in the interview was that the author said that in light of what the Bush Administration knows regarding the increasingly precarious economic precipice our nation is teetering on, they're going into Iraq was exactly what a "realist" political leadership would have do ... He said that the Bush administration just shouldn't be so cocky about it ... But hey, that's Texas ...

The major difference i see between what the Democrats would have done in juxtaposition to what the Neo-Cons have done, is that America would have been dwindled down slowly as a second rate power with a lot of nuclear weapons ... Whereas the Neo-Cons have a lot more pride than that, believe that God (at least i believe George Bush does) is on their side, and so have a right to use America's might to insure that America controls the middle east ... For who does so controls the oil ... With the Neo-Con's it'a all, or nothing at all ... Iraq is their last throw of the dice in their bid to stay the preimminent global economic power, but the numbers tell the informed that it's even now all over but the shouting ...

Some how i think America's gotten some kind of divine stay of execution with Bush in office, even tho it seems so many American's hate him ... Folk think it's bad now but i shudder to think what an extremely liberal agenda would have brought already on this country that we haven't gotten yet ...

To me, no matter which way you cut it, America's in for a long overdue reckoning ... Praise Him that if one diligently has their spiritual ears cocked to His whisperings, and is ever on the wall watching, one won't be disappointed of His early warning ... When you see these things start to occur ...

i'm looking to the hills ... you know the rest dear brother ... Amen

2005/3/22 19:08Profile
rookie

Re:

Here is a different perspective on what is going on in the world.

By Dr. Elias Akleh *
Republished from Amin.org

When Iran sells oil in euros, the dollar suffers

Iran does not pose a threat to the United State because of its nuclear projects, its WMD, or its support to “terrorists organizations” as the American administration is claiming, but in its attempt to re-shape the global economical system by converting it from a petrodollar to a petroeuro system. Such conversion is looked upon as a flagrant declaration of economical war against the US that would flatten the revenues of the American corporations and eventually might cause an economic collapse.
In June of 2004 Iran declared its intention of setting up an international oil exchange (a bourse) denominated in the Euro currency. Many oil-producing as well as oil-consuming countries had expressed their welcome to such petroeuro bourse. The Iranian reports had stated that this bourse may start its trade with the beginning of 2006. Naturally such an oil bourse would compete against London’s International Petroleum Exchange (IPE), as well as against the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX), both owned by American corporations. Oil consuming countries have no choice but use the American Dollar to purchase their oil, since the Dollar has been so far the global standard monetary fund for oil exchange. This necessitates these countries to keep the Dollar in their central banks as their reserve fund, thus strengthening the American economy. But if Iran – followed by the other oil-producing countries – offered to accept the Euro as another choice for oil exchange the American economy would suffer a real crisis. We could witness this crisis at the end of 2005 and beginning of 2006 when oil investors would have the choice to pay $57 a barrel of oil at the American (NYMEX) and at London’s (IPE), or pay 37 Euros a barrel at the Iranian oil bourse. Such choice would reduce trade volumes at both the Dollar-dependent (NYMEX) and the (IPE). Many countries had studied the conversion from the ever weakening petrodollar to the gradually strengthening petroeuro system. The de-valuation of the Dollar was caused by the American economy shying away from manufacturing local products – except those of the military -, by outsourcing the American jobs to the cheaper third world countries and depending only on the general service sector, and by the huge cost of two major wars that are still going on. Foreign investors started withdrawing their money from the shaky American market causing further devaluation of the Dollar. The keen observer of the money market could have noticed that the devaluation of the American Dollar had started since November 2002, while the purchasing power of European Euro had crept upward to reach nowadays to $1.34. Compared to the Japanese Yen the Dollar had dropped from 104.45 to 103.90 yen. The British pound climbed another notch from $1.9122 to $1.9272.

Economic reports published at the beginning of this month (March) had pointed towards the deep dive of the American economy and to the quick rise of the deficit up to $665.90 billion at the end of 2004. The worst is still to come. These numbers worried the international banks, who had sent some warnings to the Bush administration.

In its economical war Iran is treading the same path Saddam Hussein had started when he, in 2000, converted all his reserve from the Dollar to the Euro, and demanded payments in Euro for Iraqi oil. Many economists then mocked Saddam because he had lost a lot of money in this conversion. Yet they were very surprised when he recuperated his losses within less than a year period due to the valuation of the Euro. The American administration became aware of the threat when central banks of many countries started keeping Euros along side of Dollars as their monetary reserve and as an exchange fund for oil (Russian and Chinese central banks in 2003). To avoid economical collapse the Bush administration hastened to invade and to destroy Iraq under false excuses to make it an example to any country who may contemplate dropping the Dollar, and to manipulate OPEC’s decisions by controlling the second largest oil resource. Iraqi oil sale was reverted back to the petrodollar standard.

There is only one technical obstacle concerning the use of a euro-based oil exchange system, which is the lack of a euro-denominated oil pricing standard, or oil ‘marker’ as it is referred to in the industry. The three current oil markers are U.S. dollar denominated, which include the West Texas Intermediate crude (WTI), Norway Brent crude, and the UAE Dubai crude. Yet this did not stop Iran from requiring payments in the euro currency for its European and Asian oil exports since spring 2003.

Iran’s determination in using the petroeuro is inviting in other countries such as Russia and Latin American countries, and even some Saudi investors especially after the Saudi/American relations have weakened lately. This determination had also invited an aggressive American political campaign using the same excuses used against Iraq: WMD in the form of nuclear bomb, support to “terrorist” Lebanese Hezbollah organization, and threat to the peace process in the Middle East.
The question now is what would the American administration do? Would it invade Iran as it did Iraq? The American troops are knee-deep in the Iraqi swamp. The global community – except for Britain and Italy- is not offering any military relief to the US. Thus an American strike against Iran is very unlikely. Iran is not Iraq; it has a more robust military power. Iran has anti-ship missiles based in “Abu Mousa” island that controls the strait of Hermuz at the entrance of the Persian Gulf. Iran could easily close the strait thus blocking all naval traffic carrying gulf oil to the rest of the world causing a global oil crisis. The price of an oil barrel could reach up to $100. The US could not topple the regime by spreading chaos the same way it did to Mussadaq’s regime in 1953 since Iranians are aware of such a trick. Besides Iranians have a patriotic pride of what they call “their bomb”................."

During the late 1930's Germany was suffering from the economic collapse of it's currency. Remember the pictures we have all seen of a German citizen pushing a wheel barrow full of paper currency?

Also, do you remember the military tactic of what Germany called the 'blitzkrieg." Germany would pour over the border of neighboring countries in lightning like fashion. One of the results of such tactics is that the banking systems of each country did not have time to move it's gold bullion out of harms way. Hitler invaded each country with the same intensity. He needed real gold to finance his ambitious goals.

Now we may be a country in need of "black gold."

In Christ
Jeff

2005/3/24 17:07Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy