SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is the Gospel?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Amen:

Once you are saved you get the whole bucket of Grace. The Spirit of Christ, total, The Holy Spirit, complete, The Father Himself, abiding Himself in us with the Son.

We fall behind in nothing. 1Cr 2:10 But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

1Cr 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

1Cr 3:21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

1Cr 3:22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;

1 Corinthians 3:23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

Trust in Him. 1 Corinthians 1:4-10 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ; That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge; Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you: So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

In Christ; Phillip

2007/9/30 17:33Profile
rookie

Re:

Quote:
God gave me a vision [or a daydream] in it I saw a number of His children standing on the bank of the river of life, crying out to God to put them in the river. I said Lord whats up? Then He opened my eyes and I saw them all standing in the river crying to God " Put us in the river"." My people parish for lack of knowledge."

I see brother that you are quoting from the OT...

Paul writes to Timothy...

2 Timothy 3:

14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Paul is exhorting Timothy to continue on in reading of the Scriptures because it is the Scriptures which enable one to grow in wisdom for salvation...

The Corinthian church had been given all things in Christ Jesus, there were many teachers, yet few fathers among them...pride and fleshly affections held many in bondage to the old man. Many were not willing to obey the Spirit and thus Paul could not discuss spiritual precepts with them...

God gave us the Scriptures so that we too could recognize His voice...

Keep on keepin on Brother Tom...

God Bless
Jeff

2007/10/1 0:37Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Once you are saved you get the whole bucket of Grace. The Spirit of Christ, total, The Holy Spirit, complete, The Father Himself, abiding Himself in us with the Son.

We fall behind in nothing. 1Cr 2:10 But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Paul writes to the Ephesians...

Eph. 4:11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting,

Paul exhorts all of us that "we should no longer be children..." who are "tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting."

Again we find Paul teaching and exhorting the Ephesian church to grow in as you wrote, to take advantage of the "bucket of grace" that is freely given to all who are born again. Yet Paul continues to make the distinction that those who remain "children" are easily "tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine."

Today is no different than it was in Paul's day. We see the doctrines of men causing confusion and strife amongst the people...we see people barking, we see people laughing, we see preachers fleecing the flocks for wages. We see the church divided.

Christ in you is still the same message we hear today as the Ephesians heard then... We know that the Ephesian church also suffered in the same ways...look at all the problems Timothy was having...

So is Paul's gospel of no effect?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/10/1 0:54Profile
rookie

Re:

Pastor Daniel Kenaston who will be preachin at the Revival Conference teaches a series on the "Declaration of Faith."

In his second message he teaches that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ who continue to say yes Lord.

http://www.charityministries.org/audio/3279.mp3

In Christ
Jeff

2007/10/1 1:07Profile
thomasm

Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada

Re:

Dear Rookie;
Brother Phillip, is simply saying, that we are saved by grace, and that grace, is the power of God that transforms us into the image of Christ.
Paul said; "The gospel isn't about words [or doctrine,] it's about Power in the Holy Spirit".

I don't understand your argument.
Grace isn't a means to lawlessness, it brings about Christ likeness, which is the purpose of the gospel, son ship. God desires many sons and daughters. Jesus was the first born of many brothers.
The holy Spirit leads us into all Truth, revealing who we are in Christ, faith brings the reality of what Christ has finished to a completion in us. We are just lacking knowledge of this great salvation, that is all ready complete. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of Christ. Many are trying to move God, but the work is complete, Pentecost, is finished, it's time to humbly accept the word which will save us. Jesus isn't coming to die again, He's coming to redeem the mortal body.

love in CHRIST tom

2007/10/4 11:50Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Thomas wrote:

Quote:
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of Christ. Many are trying to move God, but the work is complete, Pentecost, is finished, it's time to humbly accept the word which will save us. Jesus isn't coming to die again, He's coming to redeem the mortal body.

The gospel comes with power to overcome the flesh. As you have said, "Faith comes by hearing..." The power of the gospel is ministered to us by the Holy Spirit....

Rom. 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

The point of this thread was focused on this issue...that those who obey the Gospel will not continue to walk after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

To obey the Gospel means that we are called by the God to..."mortify the deeds of the body" "through the Spirit."

This precept it taught throughout Scriptures like Proverbs 1-8, Psalm 119, Job 32-36.

The Gospel never ever changed throughout the generations that has precede ours....

God spoke to Cain and Abel as well as He speaks to us who have the Spirit of God...

3 And in the process of time it came to pass that Cain brought an offering of the fruit of the ground to the LORD. 4 Abel also brought of the firstborn of his flock and of their fat. And the LORD respected Abel and his offering, 5 but He did not respect Cain and his offering. And Cain was very angry, and his countenance fell.

Gen. 4:6 So the LORD said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? 7 If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.”

Abel obeyed the word which was spoken to him....this is an example of being saved by grace through faith. Cain on the otherhand disobeyed God when He spoke to him...this ia an example of rebellion and the sin of unbelief....

God Bless
In Christ
Jeff

2007/10/5 1:13Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

""so is Paul's gospel of no effect?"

In Christ
Jeff

Only when we commingle it with the Law.
Only when we commingle the Old Creature with the New Creature in Christ Jesus.

Old:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
New:
Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected [the same] in hope,

Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2Cr 5:17 Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

The Creature Himself in us, making us new creatures in Him.

Col 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and [be] not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, [and] which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister
Only when Paul's Gospel is not the Center of our new Life in Christ. By which his Gospel makes Christ the Center of all that we are in this life. Paul's Gospel is not the same gospel of Able and Cain, they had no Gospel but the Fall of Adam and Gods mercy Able did not know who Christ was or is. He chose to give of His flock and Cain chose to give of His fields. God is the One that made Able's gift of thanks the Gospel of Christ, by the blood Able shed and it has not changed ever sense, and even before the foundation of the world, "the Lamb slain". If Able is saved it is because of God's mercy.
I am Saved by the Grace of God and by the Son that is in me. Able could not have had that born again experience of The Seed of God, which is Christ birthed in you, because He had not risen yet. Our salvation is in Christ, Able's was in God's mercy. All Israel will be saved, not is saved.

We are saved now and seated in Heavenly places in Christ Jesus.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/10/5 3:33Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Only when we commingle it with the Law.
Only when we commingle the Old Creature with the New Creature in Christ Jesus.

The Corinthians, Ephesians, and Colosians all had Paul's gospel, yet Paul had to correct each church, he had to exhort each church, why?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/10/5 4:03Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Thomas wrote:

Quote:
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of Christ.

I was pondering the prayers of the psalmist of 119, and saw this...

49 Remember the word to Your servant,
Upon which You have caused me to hope.

This is a picture of the faith which you speak of...

132 Look upon me and be merciful to me,
As Your custom is toward those who love Your name.
133 Direct my steps by Your word,
And let no iniquity have dominion over me.

Just as the Lord directed the steps of Joshua, just as the Psalmist prays for the same, we too look to hear from Him who is both our King and High Priest.

154 Plead my cause and redeem me;
Revive me according to Your word.

40 Behold, I long for Your precepts;
Revive me in Your righteousness.
41 Let Your mercies come also to me, O LORD—
Your salvation according to Your word.

Just a thought...

God Bless
In Christ
Jeff

2007/10/5 4:49Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

""The Corinthians, Ephesians, and Colosians all had Paul's gospel, yet Paul had to correct each church, he had to exhort each church, why?

In Christ
Jeff""

Galatians 1:1-16 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;) And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia: Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ, Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father: To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers. But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

By trying to make the Jewish religion the reason that a Christian would be accepted as a religious person, that is by circumcission and the Law. This is what Paul fought his whole ministry of his Gospel, which is "Christ in you the Hope of Glory".

Again speaking of the Jerusalem Church, specifically Peter James and John, who changed his mind when he wrote John's epistle, and his gospel, which is completely different than the three History Gospels.

Galatians 2:3-10 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised: And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage: To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you. But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me: But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:) And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision. Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.

Then the strongest correction:

Galatians 3:1-9 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

By faith Abraham was saved by God's mercy, not believing on the Name of Jesus Christ His Son and receiving the Faith of Christ not Abraham, we are blessed in Abraham but we are saved by the Faith of Jesus Christ.

Collisians, save thing: Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Philippians also: Philippians 1:26-30 That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again. Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God. For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake; Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me.

Also the Ephesians, as in all His letters trying to keep the circumcision form polluting the Gospel of Christ with their Law and ceremony.

2007/10/6 1:16Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy