SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is the Gospel?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
This is not the Law of Love or liberty in Christ Jesus. They did not know it or Him. When He came to His own, "They received Him not".

Who is the Holy One of Israel? And what is Solomon writing about in Song of Songs?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/9/25 1:10Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Tom wrote:

Quote:
The O.T saints received the promise when Jesus, ever the regions of death and lead captivity the the heavenlies.

So looking back now these 2000 years, the OT saints are in the heavenlies...
Paul writes...

2Cor. 5:4 For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life.

As long as we are in this tent...mortality is a burden we are to bare. The Holy Spirit covers us until we are swallowed up by life.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/9/25 1:17Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

"Who is the Holy One of Israel? And what is Solomon writing about in Song of Songs?"

Isaiah 48:17 Thus saith , the Holy One of Israel which teacheth thee to profit , which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go .

To start with, we will use "the Lord",

Then, "I am the Lord, (Strong's Hebrew Dictionary
3478. Yisra'el
Search for H3478 in KJVSL
larsy Yisra'el yis-raw-ale'
from 8280 and 410; he will rule as God; Jisrael, a symbolical name of Jacob; also (typically) of his posterity: --Israel.

Strong's Hebrew Dictionary
3068. Y@hovah
Search for H3068 in KJVSL
hwhy Y@hovah yeh-ho-vaw'
from 1961; (the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God:--Jehovah, the Lord. Compare 3050, 3069.

Then, "thy Redeemer":

1350. ga'al
Search for H1350 in KJVSL
lag ga'al gaw-al'
a primitive root, to redeem (according to the Oriental law of kinship), i.e. to be the next of kin (and as such to buy back a relative's property, marry his widow, etc.):--X in any wise, X at all, avenger, deliver, (do, perform the part of near, next) kinsfolk(-man), purchase, ransom, redeem(-er), revenger.

Then, "the Holy One":

6918. qadowsh
Search for H6918 in KJVSL
vwdq qadowsh kaw-doshe'
or qadosh {kaw-doshe'}; from 6942; sacred (ceremonially or morally); (as noun) God (by eminence), an angel, a saint, a sanctuary:--holy (One), saint.

Then, "of Israel":

3478. Yisra'el
Search for H3478 in KJVSL
larsy Yisra'el yis-raw-ale'
from 8280 and 410; he will rule as God; Jisrael, a symbolical name of Jacob; also (typically) of his posterity: --Israel.

I am the LORD hwhy thy God Myhla which teacheth dml thee to profit ley, which leadeth Krd thee by the way Krd that thou shouldest go Kly

Follow the Law and you have gone where I have told you to go.

Now the Lord Jesus Christ, whom was among the apostles after the Cross, whom we know no more as a man but as He that is in us, The Lord of Glory.

1 Corinthians 2:1-2 And I , brethren , when I came to you , came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom , declaring unto you the testimony of God . For I determined not to know any thing among you , save Jesus Christ , and him crucified .

Jesus Christ, The Lord of Glory:

1 Corinthians 2:7-8 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery , even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory : Which none of the princes of this world knew : for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory .

If you look up the Lord of Glory and Jesus Christ the Lord in Greek you will see the difference in the God of Israel and The Lord Jesus Christ, Savior after the Cross.

God Himself is the Holy One of Israel. Jesus Christ is the Lord of Glory. That is "Christ in you the Hope of Glory".

Colossians 1:25-28 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Old Testament in the God of Israel, earthly works. New Testament in Christ of His body the church, in the Heavenlies, salvation by Grace through the Faith of Christ Himself.

Colossians 3:1-4 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Galatians 2:16-19 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

In Christ the Lord of Glory: Phillip

2007/9/25 17:16Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Old Testament in the God of Israel, earthly works. New Testament in Christ of His body the church, in the Heavenlies, salvation by Grace through the Faith of Christ Himself.

By this answer are you denying that Jesus is the Holy One that led Israel?

Do you view our Savior as Lord only for these last 2000 years?

Do you believe in the doctrine of the Trinity?

Who is Solomon writing about in the Song of Songs?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/9/25 19:51Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip:

Another question...what law is able to reveal these to the Palmist of 119?

18: Open my eyes, that I may see
Wondrous things from Your law.

33:Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes,
And I shall keep it to the end.

Psa 119:34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law;
Indeed, I shall observe it with my whole heart.

Psa 119:35 Make me walk in the path of Your commandments,
For I delight in it.

Psa 119:36 Incline my heart to Your testimonies,
And not to covetousness.

Psa 119:37 Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things,
And revive me in Your way.[fn1]

Psa 119:38 Establish Your word to Your servant,

Do you think God answered these prayers and if so by what means did the Father convey this grace to the Psalmist of 119?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/9/25 20:03Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

your questions are endless, I know what I believe and you know what I will say.

Bless you in Christ: Phillip

2007/9/25 20:25Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
your questions are endless, I know what I believe and you know what I will say.

I will always contend for the faith in love towards you brother Phillip. These questions I ask to press towards a greater more glorius view of our Savior and His work which began long before the cross.

Most are not willing to hear what Scripture says, just like those who told Moses, you go and hear, and we will do what you say. But the offering that Christ has as our High Priest is to put His words in our hearts.

Paul taught...

1Cr 10:1 MOREOVER, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea,
1Cr 10:2 all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea,
1Cr 10:3 all ate the same spiritual food,
1Cr 10:4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.
1Cr 10:5 But with most of them God was not well pleased, for their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.
1Cr 10:6 Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted.

These things become our examples also...not only those that speak of the unfaithful but also the men of God who wrote about relationships they had with God and the Holy One of Irael...

The writer of Psalm 119 teaches us the elementary ways of God in the life of a believer. He teaches us how to recognize the Spirit's work in our lives. He teaches us the content of what we should pray for...

The Song of Song speaks of a love story...

The word of God is powerful not only for those who have lived these last 2000 years....most today deny Christ in the OT.

Paul didn't how about you brother?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/9/25 21:09Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Christ is the Old Testament. The way we receive Him is different in the New Testament or we would still be under the Law and sacrificing in the Temple. We are now the temple and the sacrifice is Christ in us.

The spiritual drink they drank from was not Christ but the miracle of God in providing them with water from the rock.

And that Rock was Christ. This cannot be intended to be understood literally, for it was not literally true. The rock from which the water flowed was evidently an ordinary rock, a part of Mount Horeb; and all that this can mean is, that that rock, with the stream of water thus gushing from it, was a representation of the Messiah. The word was is thus often used to denote similarity or representation, and is not to be taken literally. Thus, in the institution of the Lord's Supper, the Saviour says of the bread, "This is my body," that is, it represents my body. Thus also of the cup, "This cup is the new testament in my blood," that is, it represents my blood, 1Co 11:24-25. Thus the gushing fountain of water might be regarded as a representation of the Messiah, and of the blessings which result from him. The apostle does not say that the Israelites knew that this was designed to be a representation of the Messiah, and of the blessings which flow from him, though there is nothing improbable in the supposition that they so understood and regarded it, since all their institutions were probably regarded as typical. But he evidently does mean to say that the rock was a vivid and affecting representation of the Messiah; that the Jews did partake of the mercies that flow from him; and that even in the desert they were under his care, and had in fact among them a vivid representation of him, in some sense corresponding with the emblematic representation of the same favours which the Corinthian and other Christians had in the Lord's Supper. This representation of the Messiah, was understood by Paul to consist in the following things:

You must be born again of water and the spirit.
I will give you living water.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

The water in the desert from the rock, they had to continually drink. The living water that Christ in us gives we will never need again.

John 4:10-14 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water? Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle? Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Again and again and again, the old testament is earthly as the millennial kingdom will be on this earth, which we are the heavenly dwellers in the Father's House that Christ prepared and is preparing for us. The Heavenly Kingdom in the Father's House, us ruling and reigning with Christ by our heavenly birthright, son's and co-heirs with Christ.

The earthly water from the rock was not Jesus Christ, but it was a representation of what he would be to the Born Again of Spirit and water, living water which we never need drink again. That is why God was so upset with Moses, The Rock represented Christ and the Water Life in Christ. The people and even Moses did not understand it.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/9/25 22:46Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
And that Rock was Christ. This cannot be intended to be understood literally, for it was not literally true.

Paul writes of a rock in another place...

Rom. 9:30 What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness of faith; 31 but Israel, pursuing the law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness. 32 Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumbling stone. 33 As it is written:
“Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and rock of offense,
And whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”

If you do not believe what Scripture says in 1 Corinthians 10...who do you believe Paul is identifying here in Romans 9? Who is the rock, the stumbling stone which most of Israel but not all of Israel denied? Why does Paul quote the OT about this rock?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/9/26 1:24Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote;

Quote:
You must be born again of water and the spirit.
I will give you living water.

The living water you speak of was also available to this generation...

Jer. 2:13 “For My people have committed two evils:
They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters,
And hewn themselves cisterns—broken cisterns that can hold no water.

Do both Scriptures speak of the same thing, the Spirit of God?

In Christ
jeff

2007/9/26 1:28Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy